The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by Panda89
The thing that worries me is that for graduates, most of us will apply for GEPs due to the increased fee. GEPs are already extremely competitive, and I'm just concerned that it's going to be A LOT more competitive from 2012 entry onwards. What do you think?

100% agree....... :frown:
geez...looks like i will graduate at 30 years old by the looks of things at the moment
Reply 901
Original post by twelve
Hahah, nahhh, I need to borrow the satnav or I'll get lost :P

I managed to get lost in a park in the town I've lived for my whole life, so yeah, I get lost a lot. Thank god I had a good map reader in our group for DofE :biggrin:

Haha, I'm not too bad with directions, won orienteering pretty much every time i've done it :smug: That's more to do with me being extremely competitive (i'm not the type that becomes a dick in the process, lol)

:lol: wow, blonde huh? :wink:, just messing :tongue:

I never know anyone's gender unless they have it next to their name. Horribly confusing when someone I thought was a guy says something that makes them seem like a girl.

I'm guessing you can guess mine :tongue:. I think most girls tend to put up their gender, if it's not up i usually assume it's a guy
Original post by b-beauty
100% agree....... :frown:
geez...looks like i will graduate at 30 years old by the looks of things at the moment

That's not too bad, Some of the graduates on my course next year at BATL are old!

I thought one of the guys was a lecturer or something, he looked about 40! :eek4:

Age is just a number anyway :sexface:
Reply 903
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
That's not too bad, Some of the graduates on my course next year at BATL are old!

I thought one of the guys was a lecturer or something, he looked about 40! :eek4:

Age is just a number anyway :sexface:

and sweetchilli is starting at 40 too :tongue:
Original post by dmz
and sweetchilli is starting at 40 too :tongue:

She's that old? :zomg:
Reply 905
Original post by futuredoc77

Haha don't let her catch you saying that

I thought that she was 33, not 40.
Original post by dmz
Haha don't let her catch you saying that

No I didn't mean she was "old" I meant she's older :ninja:

:shiftyrun:

Original post by firestar101
I thought that she was 33, not 40.

I had no idea she was a mature applicant :nah:

How did she get on anyway? :curious:
No I didn't mean she was "old" I meant she's older :ninja:

:shiftyrun:

I had no idea she was a mature applicant :nah:

How did she get on anyway? :curious:

she got into glasgow uni for medicine.
Original post by firestar101
she got into glasgow uni for medicine.

Oh that's cool. Congratulations to her :grin:
Original post by drumum
Are you planning to apply to the same places again? Someone posted in reply to a question I asked that you can't reapply to same med schools if you've been interviewed there! :frown:

yeah i was planning on it but swapping st andrews for aberdeen (hated st andrews) the letter i got from glasgow had 'tips for reapplicants' so check websites cos different unis could have different policies. where did you apply?
pleeeeease can someone send me ukcat tips? i will be forever greatful!
btw is the bmat the same style of questions... ie would a bmat book help?
Reply 912
Original post by medapplicant2011
pleeeeease can someone send me ukcat tips? i will be forever greatful!
btw is the bmat the same style of questions... ie would a bmat book help?

bmat is actually i found to be easier than the ukcat, it's like a science test for the first two bits and for the third and final part an extended response. I have a bmat book but didn't really find it all that useful in the exam.
Reply 913
Original post by Tinth
I like to think of everyone as both because then I won't say the wrong one and look stupid :biggrin:

Haha, good plan :biggrin:

Original post by dmz
Haha, I'm not too bad with directions, won orienteering pretty much every time i've done it :smug: That's more to do with me being extremely competitive (i'm not the type that becomes a dick in the process, lol)

:lol: wow, blonde huh? :wink:, just messing :tongue:

I'm guessing you can guess mine :tongue:. I think most girls tend to put up their gender, if it's not up i usually assume it's a guy

Heyyy me too :wink: although thats just tactful team mate choosing :P And a bit of running fast and competitiveness... and I think everyone else just being a bit lazy. Ahh I did love PE. :smile:

What about blonde? :s-smilie:

And I now know your identity... someone gave away your name on another thread :biggrin:
I feel so proud :colone:
Reply 914
Original post by twelve
Haha, good plan :biggrin:

Heyyy me too :wink: although thats just tactful team mate choosing :P And a bit of running fast and competitiveness... and I think everyone else just being a bit lazy. Ahh I did love PE. :smile:

What about blonde? :s-smilie:

And I now know your identity... someone gave away your name on another thread :biggrin:
I feel so proud :colone:

Haha, everyone wanted me :smug: cos i was in top 2 fastest in school, my smaller brother was the other person, lol. And i could read maps so I'd send the other two in the direction of the second one, race to the first, catch them up and carry on like that. I loved PE and sports day, me and two of my brothers always come home with gold medals in double digits :proud:

:facepalm: you are, aren't you? Lol. That you in your avatar?

Everyone knows me as demi, penguin already revealed that on here, it's about as helpful as dmz in finding my identity :tongue: I'm sure you got it from firestar 'demi(DMZ)' :teehee:
Reply 915
Original post by dmz
Haha, everyone wanted me :smug: cos i was in top 2 fastest in school, my smaller brother was the other person, lol. And i could read maps so I'd send the other two in the direction of the second one, race to the first, catch them up and carry on like that. I loved PE and sports day, me and two of my brothers always come home with gold medals in double digits :proud:

:facepalm: you are, aren't you? Lol. That you in your avatar?

Everyone knows me as demi, penguin already revealed that on here, it's about as helpful as dmz in finding my identity :tongue: I'm sure you got it from firestar 'demi(DMZ)' :teehee:

Aww I can just tell how proud you are of that. I was rubbish compared to everyone else in sports day. I could do trampolining, and I got a couple of trophies for that, but nothing special. Dance was my thng :smile:

Ohh haha. Yeah its heavily edited so it doesn't look that much like me - but I am blonde ish haha. More like a horrible dirty blonde/light brown colour :smile:

Ahh dammit. Does that mean I've failed with the indentity finding? :frown:
Original post by twelve

Original post by twelve
Aww I can just tell how proud you are of that. I was rubbish compared to everyone else in sports day. I could do trampolining, and I got a couple of trophies for that, but nothing special. Dance was my thng :smile:

Ohh haha. Yeah its heavily edited so it doesn't look that much like me - but I am blonde ish haha. More like a horrible dirty blonde/light brown colour :smile:

That's you in your avatar? :zomg:

How you doin'? :hubba:
Reply 917
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
That's you in your avatar? :zomg:

How you doin'? :hubba:

Pahahaha:colondollar:
Original post by twelve

Original post by twelve
Pahahaha:colondollar:

I've realised why you didn't get into medicine this year.. you don't fit the requirements according to Amateur Transplants.. you're supposed to be hideously ugly for a woman to get in :yep:

Oh and I know, my sweet talking skills are legendary :shiftyrun:
Reply 919
Original post by twelve

Haha, i was big on athletics, my club was like 3rd best in the country but I'll stop bragging. I could do the sprints, jumps and throw. Not trampoline. Scared of height :blush: ooh i well like dancers! :coma:

well, how you doing? :sexface: looks like you've got good figure (i realise how gay that makes me sound). I wasn't asking cos of the avatar but you've confirmed my suspicions. Bet I'm not making much sense to you.

Haha if that's you, I'll happily make myself known :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending