The Student Room Group

How many people do you text a day?

Scroll to see replies

Normally 0. Occasionally 1 (my boyfriend, but I normally talk to him on FB cos its free for me and he gets it on his phone) unless I'm going out and meeting up with people and need to find them or something
Really depends on the day.
I'm not much of a texter, so usually 0. But on busy days it can be a lot more. Total average probably 2-3 people (partner, parent and any other friend)
I text my mum yesterday
I usually forget to charge my phone, so I rarely text anyone (I only have 5 contacts anyway).
A day? Zero.

I really don't use my phone at all though to be honest, only when I really need it.
Reply 25
One or two.
Send like a couple of texts a day if that.
Every day? My boyfriend and maybe one or two of my friends. I think there's probably only 5 or so people I text really frequently, and one of those is my dad haha!
Reply 27
Original post by *Hakz*
This is irrelevant when you have a Blackberry!

I hardly text.

Oh stop being picky, it's the same thing.
Around 5 people a day maybe? Can go up to 10 for various reasons. I usually send about 100 texts a day maybe more but thats only when I'm texting guys, if its girls its around 50-60 texts a day
Original post by Harry32
I've been thinking this over in my mind, and i've been wondering.

How many different boys/girls do you text every day.

Me, for example, i've texted 5 people today and i text around 7-10 people 'regularly'. I wondered whether i was high/low on the social texting scale.

How many people did you text today and how many do you regularly text?

I don't have facebook or anything so I text a lot...

about 20 people on a regular basis but today I texted 8.

I used to text my ex everyday religiously...looking back I don't know how we used to be enetertained from asking "wuu2?" every 10 minutes! :confused:

I text the guy I <3 like <3 the mostest and very regularly ...
Reply 30
Original post by ily_em

Original post by ily_em
Oh stop being picky, it's the same thing.

Lol you're funny :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by *Hakz*
Lol you're funny :smile:

I'm not trying to be :P I just find it annoying when people say the great/special thing about Blackberrys is BBM, when it's largely irrelevant as most people have unlimited texts anyway...
Reply 32
When I had my phone, like three or four people a day. Then it died and I couldn't find the charger for like a month and when I did it was full of texts and I didn't feel like answering any. Then I left it at a restaurant or in the car or something last week and I don't feel like looking for it.

Honestly, the only disadvantage is that now I have to ask everyone else for the time.
Reply 33
text about three people, thousand texts a month?

No point in texts when you have BlackBerry messenger! :biggrin: with that, probably around 10 people?
I really don't text very much at all to be honest, probably a maximum of 3 people in any one day.
Some days more, some days less, often none. I prefer ringing people. Or just not communicating at all because I'm too busy sleeping.
Reply 36
Original post by ily_em

Original post by ily_em
I'm not trying to be :P I just find it annoying when people say the great/special thing about Blackberrys is BBM, when it's largely irrelevant as most people have unlimited texts anyway...

I agree with you. BBM is nothing special at all. It's just easier to interact and chat with your friends. You get instant and quicker replies also. I only use my minutes and texts on people without a BB.
None, I prefer IM.
Reply 38
text me girlfriend everyday, apart from that it varies, it could only be her and 1-2 other people who i text alot.

Most of my "guy" friends id only text if there was a purpose, ie: where are we meeting, whats going on tonight ect. i wouldnt text them to be like "how are you" just ask in person.
4 people....

However all of them are your mother.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending