The Student Room Group

Scared I won't get my Diploma because I haven't done 18 months of CAS!!

:confused::frown:
Okay, so I haven't been doing CAS for the past 5 months because I've had to many things going on during the beginning of the year..now I'm super worried that I wont get my Diploma because I haven't done much..I have a few activities planned for May..can I still get my Diploma or is it too late?
Original post by chocopockyaddict
:confused::frown:
Okay, so I haven't been doing CAS for the past 5 months because I've had to many things going on during the beginning of the year..now I'm super worried that I wont get my Diploma because I haven't done much..I have a few activities planned for May..can I still get my Diploma or is it too late?

You can still get your Diploma, but it will be witheld until you complete all the hours (I think the CAS deadline is May). But this means that you won't be going uni this September. I don't know if all IB schools do this, so ask your CAS co-ordinator.

Truthfully, I think you should just stop CAS and concentrate on the exams that are coming up. Because it sounds like no matter what you do, you will get the diploma late. So just work hard and do CAS after!
Original post by Novis
You can still get your Diploma, but it will be witheld until you complete all the hours (I think the CAS deadline is May). But this means that you won't be going uni this September. I don't know if all IB schools do this, so ask your CAS co-ordinator.

Truthfully, I think you should just stop CAS and concentrate on the exams that are coming up. Because it sounds like no matter what you do, you will get the diploma late. So just work hard and do CAS after!

Thank you much, you've relieved me of my stress!

I'll just concentrate on exams since they're happening in May :frown:
Original post by chocopockyaddict
Thank you much, you've relieved me of my stress!

I'll just concentrate on exams since they're happening in May :frown:

Good :smile: But remember to ask your CAS co-ordinator about this, not all IB schools are the same! :redface:
Original post by Novis
Good :smile: But remember to ask your CAS co-ordinator about this, not all IB schools are the same! :redface:

I will, once again thanks!
Honestly, the administration does have some fault here. CAS should have been completed by...February at least, and they should have been hounding you for it. While it is your fault for not going through it earlier, you're going to have to ENSURE that your CAS coordinator allows you to receive the Diploma after you complete the CAS hours. I have a feeling the coodinator is not good in the first place, so that's why I'm expressing this opinion.

Yes, focus on your exams and good luck! And if you want to go to uni this September...there is an...um, another method of passing CAS. :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
A guy at my school faked 120 hours worth of CAS 20 mins before the internal deadline. He got the Diploma
Reply 7
Original post by Focus08
A guy at my school faked 120 hours worth of CAS 20 mins before the internal deadline. He got the Diploma

That was standard at mine too.

Quick Reply

Latest