The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Uthappa 31 off 13 turned this game. How long will the Indian selectors keep ignoring him from the T20 team?!!
Original post by moanycar.
Ha, yeah we did :biggrin:
Happy I told you to support Pune now, are you?

haha i was anticursing all the way no joke lol! (jking) yeh lol that match was sick! a silly injury by running into each other, intense finish roflmao i hope all matches go like this
Mumbai indians friday!!! gna be sick!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 543
CSKkkkkkkkkk all the wayyy !!!
Reply 544
Original post by The_Timepasser
Pathan is very good in T20s but he's nowhere near class...people use that word too easily. But yeah they do have some exciting players - Warne, Watson and now Ross Taylor...Warne bowled beautifully today.

You should still pick a first team though...its how its done! :biggrin: Would go for RR if you were born close to there. Yeah would've been great to see Akhtar...I remember the one season he played, in one of the games he took 4 early wickets and had the whole KKR crowd behind him was so cool! On the other hand u have ungreatful wretcheds like Tanvir that would be better off staying in Pak :colonhash:

Yeah I was prolly too lenient with that word but he's the most exciting batsman for me and I know that quite a few batsmen would be considered better than him but for me he's very exciting to watch even more than big hitters like Uthappa and Watson...

No idea about the state of Tanvir but even being an hardcore Indian, you gotta love Pakistani bowlers (ignoring the ball tampering :colondollar:). Shoaib Akhtar is THE reason why I got interested into cricket, I remember those Sachin vs Akhtar moments when I was back in India, I didn't have much sense about cricket cause I was a kid but my love for fast bowling started there and Akhtar is THE player I enjoy watching the most.

About the team, yeah I will probably go for RR as main I suppose, they have a very good batting lineup and ofcourse Warne and Tait for bowling so a very competitive squad there. But I still like DC a bit, mainly for Steyn, he's a delight to watch.

A bit of fanatism there but I really appreciate fast bowlers, they are a rare breed and the most exciting to watch play. I am myself nowhere near fast but I can only imagine how much effort it takes to generate that amount of pace...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Manesh2468
pshh lol it was freshyness for sure dont hide it! and from now on i shall call you the timewaster roflmao, eat that bitch! lol jkin

I beg to differ, sir...it was jus some excellent ponceyness! :wink:

Respect the beautiful name :angry:
Original post by moanycar.
Lol, can't you let a girl dream?
And it SOOOO was freshyness :smile:

Not stopping u at all...Im jus saying some dreams are not meant to become true :tongue:

And speak for yourself, woman!
I beg to differ, sir...it was jus some excellent ponceyness! :wink:

Respect the beautiful name :angry:

haha nah!! now your the timewaster to me as a name, not as a time wasting person that is :smile:
Original post by KrazyKro
Yeah I was prolly too lenient with that word but he's the most exciting batsman for me and I know that quite a few batsmen would be considered better than him but for me he's very exciting to watch even more than big hitters like Uthappa and Watson...

No idea about the state of Tanvir but even being an hardcore Indian, you gotta love Pakistani bowlers (ignoring the ball tampering :colondollar:). Shoaib Akhtar is THE reason why I got interested into cricket, I remember those Sachin vs Akhtar moments when I was back in India, I didn't have much sense about cricket cause I was a kid but my love for fast bowling started there and Akhtar is THE player I enjoy watching the most.

About the team, yeah I will probably go for RR as main I suppose, they have a very good batting lineup and ofcourse Warne and Tait for bowling so a very competitive squad there. But I still like DC a bit, mainly for Steyn, he's a delight to watch.

A bit of fanatism there but I really appreciate fast bowlers, they are a rare breed and the most exciting to watch play. I am myself nowhere near fast but I can only imagine how much effort it takes to generate that amount of pace...

Maybe not Watson after what he's been up to in Bangla land :smile: You're right he is a big game changer though.

I've never hated any of their players for being Paki as such, I jus dislike a few of them for messing around. Yeah same here the 2003 WC was when I first started watching cricket...and sachin vs akhtar was brilliant...of course it that helped sach won :wink:

Fair enough about the team, so long as Warne is there they can do no wrong. Same wid MI and Sach worryingly. We have great players but without his presence things could go wrong, specially in the close games.

Makes sense, they are pretty exciting although I feel even clever bowlers like Zaheer and Praveen are good to watch. Yep I guess its partly influenced by how u want to play the game...I actually like Rahul Dravid as a batsman cuz thats how I look to bat.
haha nah!! now your the timewaster to me as a name, not as a time wasting person that is :smile:

Suit yourself fine...but thats better I guess :smile:
Suit yourself fine...but thats better I guess :smile:

haha im at -29 reps roflmao i was at -31 earlier, that is too sick!
haha im at -29 reps roflmao i was at -31 earlier, that is too sick!

Lol...how?!...mustve pissed off a lot of people then :biggrin: I jus came out of minus recently
Lol...how?!...mustve pissed off a lot of people then :biggrin: I jus came out of minus recently

roflmao you wanna see what i got it for?
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Uthappa 31 off 13 turned this game. How long will the Indian selectors keep ignoring him from the T20 team?!!

Even if we assume for argument's sake that his consistency is back, (which imo isnt) how would u fit him in the team?

Best 15:

Gambhir
Sehwag
Yuvi
Raina
Kohli
Dhoni
Pathan
Bhaji
Zaheer
Nehra
Munaf
Praveen
Ashwin
Vijay
Some new player who turns out amazing?
roflmao you wanna see what i got it for?

Sure...what did u insult someone on their rate me thread? :tongue:
Sure...what did u insult someone on their rate me thread? :tongue:

lol nah.. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1604686&page=3

scroll down on page 3 and then yeh ive posted throughtout the thread to get minor repps but my first post roflmao just look at it....
lol nah.. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1604686&page=3

scroll down on page 3 and then yeh ive posted throughtout the thread to get minor repps but my first post roflmao just look at it....

holy crap...there was some major pehnduness in that post :biggrin:...but still harsh!

Fully agree abt the last bit though...cant be hard to hide things from ur parents. Specially when u've got ur own room, there's like a million places...inside clothes for instance :colone:
holy crap...there was some major pehnduness in that post :biggrin:...but still harsh!

Fully agree abt the last bit though...cant be hard to hide things from ur parents. Specially when u've got ur own room, there's like a million places...inside clothes for instance :colone:

lol init they commented on crap like typing even tho they can see i really aint bothered bout how i type roflmao
lol init they commented on crap like typing even tho they can see i really aint bothered bout how i type roflmao

lol now THAT is typical gora ness :smile: Although I wudve known as soon as I looked at it that u were fckin around....if ur parents knew there's something they arent allowed to see, they will wanna see it? In hindsight thats true but he's 19...could be anything!
lol now THAT is typical gora ness :smile: Although I wudve known as soon as I looked at it that u were fckin around....if ur parents knew there's something they arent allowed to see, they will wanna see it? In hindsight thats true but he's 19...could be anything!

lol yeh but they dont understand this =/ and they call me dumb L0L, im still gettin slagged off roflmao

Latest