The Student Room Group

H&M Interview

Hey!

I have wanted to work at H&M since I was in college and now I have an interview tomorrow. I am really nervous. Too be honest I'm not much of a Fashionist like some people are but I do like fashion and I do enjoy working in customer service. I am an introvert and I keep to myself sometimes, but I don't want this side of me to be the first impression you know? so hopefully the bubbly, talkative side will come out in the interview!

I know many people that work there dress very quirky etc but I'm just wearing a polka dot shirt, black skirt and blue short mac. I want to keep is simple and I don't want to waste anymore time for searching anything now lol. In terms on the actual interview I don't know what to expect from it? Any tips? what is the pay like?

By the way I didn't even apply for this position at this store, but I read online that there was a possibility I would get considered for other jobs in other stores. So it's not a bad thing.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by phunky_fresh
Hey!

I have wanted to work at H&M since I was in college and now I have an interview tomorrow. I am really nervous. Too be honest I'm not much of a Fashionist like some people are but I do like fashion and I do enjoy working in customer service. I am an introvert and I keep to myself sometimes, but I don't want this side of me to be the first impression you know? so hopefully the bubbly, talkative side will come out in the interview!

I know many people that work there dress very quirky etc but I'm just wearing a polka dot shirt, black skirt and blue short mac. I want to keep is simple and I don't want to waste anymore time for searching anything now lol. In terms on the actual interview I don't know what to expect from it? Any tips? what is the pay like?

By the way I didn't even apply for this position at this store, but I read online that there was a possibility I would get considered for other jobs in other stores. So it's not a bad thing.

Hey, I work there :smile: The pay is very reasonable for a retail store, if your under 18 its 5.70 but rises to 6.20 after your trial and if you over 18 i believe it's 6.50/70, not too sure
I'm not a massive fashionista either. Most of the people I work with just dress quite casually most days. But what they like is a passion for customer service and teamwork. I'm an introvert too but try your best to come across positive and passionate.
My number one tip is to research H&M the company. It's very likely they'll ask you something about it, use this link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%26M and remember some of the bits written under the 'history' section, they'll be impressed by that :smile:
They'll also ask about previous experiences
Hope it goes well. Just be positive, polite and friendly in your interview and you should be fine!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by penguin-
Hey, I work there :smile: The pay is very reasonable for a retail store, if your under 18 its 5.70 but rises to 6.20 after your trial and if you over 18 i believe it's 6.50/70, not too sure
I'm not a massive fashionista either. Most of the people I work with just dress quite casually most days. But what they like is a passion for customer service and teamwork. I'm an introvert too but try your best to come across positive and passionate.
My number one tip is to research H&M the company. It's very likely they'll ask you something about it, use this link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%26M and remember some of the bits written under the 'history' section, they'll be impressed by that :smile:
They'll also ask about previous experiences
Hope it goes well. Just be positive, polite and friendly in your interview and you should be fine!

thank you! that was very helpful! I have been researching alot of their history today. I found out the job is only 16 hours though :frown: I searched it in google since it wasn't the job I applied for and an advertisement came up. I hope maybe there is a possibility there are other job opening with more hours. but it is better than nothing!
Reply 3
Wow, lucky you, lol. They currently do not have any vacancies on there website :frown: Update us on how it goes :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
thank you! that was very helpful! I have been researching alot of their history today. I found out the job is only 16 hours though :frown: I searched it in google since it wasn't the job I applied for and an advertisement came up. I hope maybe there is a possibility there are other job opening with more hours. but it is better than nothing!

Once you get into the company it's a lot easier to change hours, location etc :smile: x
Reply 5
Original post by Trapped
Wow, lucky you, lol. They currently do not have any vacancies on there website :frown: Update us on how it goes :wink:

I know, I have never seen a job opening where I live on their website! I found one on the loot website (I think) about a month ago and it linked to a application on the h&m website which didn't specify which store I would be applying for or the position, then a month later I was considered for an alternative one. You should check websites like www.careerbuilder.co.uk/ and www.indeed.co.uk/ and loot because like myself you may be considered for a position in store near you through other h&m advertisments.

And thank you! :smile: I will keep you posted
Reply 6
Heyy! I applied for a job there a few weeks back and i went through the interview proccess and everything but unfortunately i turned it down. Im absolutely gutted. I only did this because i went for an interview at Next and got the job there instead. Do you think i should ring up H&M and ask if they still have the vacancy avaliable? I need help guys!
Reply 7
Original post by HMaria
Heyy! I applied for a job there a few weeks back and i went through the interview proccess and everything but unfortunately i turned it down. Im absolutely gutted. I only did this because i went for an interview at Next and got the job there instead. Do you think i should ring up H&M and ask if they still have the vacancy avaliable? I need help guys!

OmG, you turned down H&M. Most likely they would have found someone else for the role by now.
Reply 8
Original post by Trapped
OmG, you turned down H&M. Most likely they would have found someone else for the role by now.

Yeahhh i know im such a muppet! Cant belive i did it. But ahh well, ive had my first shift at Next now and i really like it so i think im going to stick with that. My boyfriend works at H&M so i'll use his discount :wink:
Reply 9
Hi,
Just a little update about my interview. It was quite relaxed and it was with the area recruiter. She didn't ask me anything about the history of the company and other things I looked into. I answered all the questions: what skills do you have? what do you think the role would involve? would you want to leave Argos to work for us? why don't you want a job in the area you studied in? .. then I kept thinking to myself I really don't want to work in customer services at all and the job doesn't really sound like me at all (I knew this before but I really needed a job).. I got an email on Monday it said I was unsuccessful, they said they would take up to 2 weeks but I'm glad it was sooner rather than later. Just gotta keep on searching for another job!! :smile: I have already been invited to another interview for an admin job, so fingers crossed and thanks for the input!
Reply 10
Hi,
Just a little update about my interview. It was quite relaxed and it was with the area recruiter. She didn't ask me anything about the history of the company and other things I looked into. I answered all the questions: what skills do you have? what do you think the role would involve? would you want to leave Argos to work for us? why don't you want a job in the area you studied in? .. then I kept thinking to myself I really don't want to work in customer services at all and the job doesn't really sound like me at all (I knew this before but I really needed a job).. I got an email on Monday it said I was unsuccessful, they said they would take up to 2 weeks but I'm glad it was sooner rather than later. Just gotta keep on searching for another job!! :smile: I have already been invited to another interview for an admin job, so fingers crossed and thanks for the input!

Awwww, sorry to hear that. Thanks for the info :0 xxx
Reply 11
Hello.
I have a job interview at H&M and they asked me to take my passport with me, does that mean I have the job?
Reply 12
Original post by Tammy3
Hello.
I have a job interview at H&M and they asked me to take my passport with me, does that mean I have the job?

No, its just to show proof of your identity, and that you are legal to work here :wink:

Let me know how it goes and what they ask you :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending