The Student Room Group

Older men...

hey,

straight to the point, im 18 and in my last year at college, and throughout my teenage life ive always had a crush on my teachers. Yeh i know....:/

In year 6, i had a teeny crush on my form teacher
in secondary school it was for my IT teacher
and in college now, i have a massive crush on my media teacher.

I never EVER act on these crushes, i just have noticed that i have a thing for older men/teachers.. usually men in suits LOL

I've NEVER had a crush on guys my age tho, the boys at my college who are really skinny, with their hair all in there faces and wear there trousers down to their knees....hmm just doesnt do it for me.

Is it normal to fancy guys round the age of 30/40/50??
ive always fancied older actors in films and such.. and when i tell my friends they all go "eeew, hes old" ... urgh am i never going to fall in love?
do i have to wait till im 30/40 to be in a relationship?
anyone else having the same problem?

please help me out?
xx
Thankyou veery much

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
many girls are attracted to older men. you just have different taste, thats all :smile: i'm sure you won't have to wait until you're 30 to find a man :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
hey,

straight to the point, im 18 and in my last year at college, and throughout my teenage life ive always had a crush on my teachers. Yeh i know....:/

I never EVER act on these crushes, i just have noticed that i have a thing for older men/teachers.. usually men in suits LOL

I've NEVER had a crush on guys my age tho, the boys at my college who are really skinny, with their hair all in there faces and wear there trousers down to their knees....hmm just doesnt do it for me.

ive always fancied older actors in films and such.. and when i tell my friends they all go "eeew, hes old" ... urgh am i never going to fall in love?

please help me out?
xx
Thankyou veery much

Don't worry. I'm a 16 year old girl and I feel exactly the same. Boys my own age just don't cut it. I have always like older men, and by older I mean the same as you 25-35. It's normal. Everyone's different. Personally I just think they're all together hotter and more mature.
I'd hit it too

Reply 4
This is normal and no don't wait until you're 30, for goodness sake!
Milfs :sogood:
Original post by No Future
This is normal and no don't wait until you're 30, for goodness sake!

Exactly. Op, you dont need to be 30 to date a man who is 30 (or whatever age)
Reply 7
I dont think any 30/40/50 year old guy would turn down a younger girl? (within reason of course).

But not all guys in their late teens early 20's are immature :/
This thread has reassured me that I'll be able to score young ass after my first wife.

Thank you girls.
Reply 9
I think a lot of girls fancy older actors. i've fancied Leonardo DiCaprio since i was 9 and he's 14 years older than me. It's pretty normal. When you go to uni, you'll meet more mature guys, who aren't decades older than you.
Reply 10
I think can date anyone who is less than half way between your age and your dad's age. Otherwise he might have more in common with your dad then you.
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
This thread has reassured me that I'll be able to score young ass after my first wife.

Thank you girls.

Old doesn't = hot.

You need to have some attractive qualities and being married is not one of them.
(edited 13 years ago)
It's one of these impossible problems to solve. A girl of 20 or so may fancy a man twice that age, but unfortunately, if a 'relationship' did occur it wouldn't last because there is no way both parties could really relate about life experiences or have a comfortable conversation.

I say this because there is a theory I heard that people change every 7 years such as their tastes, perspectives, attitudes, etc. I suspect, and take no offence when I suggest this, that you will not be interested in anyone until you are in your mid 20's - relationship wise.

Interesting thread for any psychology students though.
It's normal to fancy teachers.
Reply 14
I usually always go for older men (28-40).
im 20 and i keep dating 25-30 year olds, not because i am specifically looking for an older guy, thats just the age range i 'click' with the most- i guess cos they are more mature and i find them more interesting/driven people.
but then this is a massive generalisation and of course there are guys my own age who are mature (few and far between tho)
just be careful, what you want and what they want out of life/relationships may be very different indeed.
x
Original post by BradP
I usually always go for older men (28-40).

- rep.

Yuck. :puke:
Reply 17
Original post by busine$$$tudent
It's one of these impossible problems to solve. A girl of 20 or so may fancy a man twice that age, but unfortunately, if a 'relationship' did occur it wouldn't last because there is no way both parties could really relate about life experiences or have a comfortable conversation.

I say this because there is a theory I heard that people change every 7 years such as their tastes, perspectives, attitudes, etc. I suspect, and take no offence when I suggest this, that you will not be interested in anyone until you are in your mid 20's - relationship wise.

Interesting thread for any psychology students though.

Not true. My mum was about 25 when she met my step father who was about 45. They've been married for 13 years now, and they're fully functioning and proof it can last.

I guess it helps that she's more mature, and no way does he look his age (60ish).
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
hey,

please help me out?
xx
Thankyou veery much

Do you find Jason Statham attractive by any chance?
Reply 19
Original post by luke$
I dont think any 30/40/50 year old guy would turn down a younger girl? (within reason of course).

But not all guys in their late teens early 20's are immature :/

You show me a 50 year old man that wouldnt go for a 20 year old girl and il show you a unicorn shagging a pokemon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending