The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Yeah crazy news... hope she recovers well, I thought Charlie Sheen would have officially been diagnosed with that by now

I wonder how long it is until Channing Tatum and Alex pettyfer are in the same film...
Original post by The Stig
Been really busy recently so have had no time for Films / TSR :shifty: ... but going to watch Limitless or Source Code later :smile: ... Which would you recommend?

If now is not later yet, watch Source Code
Original post by SteveCrain
If now is not later yet, watch Source Code

You not like Limitless or just prefer Source Code?
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
You not like Limitless or just prefer Source Code?

Have you seen Sauce Code Cadaeib? saw it yesterday :biggrin:
Reply 1025
I've just seen the trailor for Red Riding Hood - it looks kinda like Twilight but with wolves and some scenes from the trailor look almost identical to some in Twilight - even down to the main leads 'husky' voice in that scene (the forest one).

Funnily enough, it's also directed by the Twilight director.
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Have you seen Sauce Code Cadaeib? saw it yesterday :biggrin:

Am I missing a pun?!

(I have seen Source Code :smile: )
Reply 1027
Just put on Apocalypse now. Been playing Battlefield Vietnam so I feel the need for a good Naam film
Am I missing a pun?!

(I have seen Source Code :smile: )

lol no, just your name in almost short form, your username's welsh right? can't pronounce it in english :biggrin:

I really liked it, quite like a solid and well made sci-fi film - Jake Gylenhaal is awesome

The original Scream was on last night, just ended like a half hour ago... lol at the end plot - twist, it just descends into comical chaos, it's so over the place that you stop taking it seriously

Neve Campbell is good though
Original post by lukejoshjedi
lol no, just your name in almost short form, your username's welsh right? can't pronounce it in english :biggrin:

I really liked it, quite like a solid and well made sci-fi film - Jake Gylenhaal is awesome

The original Scream was on last night, just ended like a half hour ago... lol at the end plot - twist, it just descends into comical chaos, it's so over the place that you stop taking it seriously

Neve Campbell is good though

Hahahahahahahahahahaha NO it's not Welsh, the only Welsh I know is that "araf" means slow and that's cos Michael McIntyre goes on about it in his stand up lol. But I'll let you figure out what it is :smile: it isn't really any language...

And I meant with you saying "Sauce Code" not "Source Code" might be a pun :p:

Yeah I liked it too, I mean I thought that it was a bit too predictable but it was definitely well-made. I still prefer Moon though!

On a side note I love the Scream films and will definitely be seeing SCRE4M asap!
Just watched "Hobo with a shotgun"

Not a great film, even while stoned it wasn't overly interesting
Ended up watching Limitless. The concluding paragraph of Phalanges review sums up my view of it perfectly:

Spoiler

Reply 1032
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Excellent. Thanks for the support. We shall start soon then. In a week or two. Will try and get a TV schedule of random, but discussion worthy films and you guys can decide which to watch depending on whether you are free or not.

Wondering if we should do this inside this thread, or in the Film forum. :holmes:

This site's quite good for seeing what films are on.
http://filmflow.tv/
The French Connection is on Film4 at 9 tomorrow. :holmes:

We could do that.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha NO it's not Welsh, the only Welsh I know is that "araf" means slow and that's cos Michael McIntyre goes on about it in his stand up lol. But I'll let you figure out what it is :smile: it isn't really any language...

And I meant with you saying "Sauce Code" not "Source Code" might be a pun :p:

Yeah I liked it too, I mean I thought that it was a bit too predictable but it was definitely well-made. I still prefer Moon though!

On a side note I love the Scream films and will definitely be seeing SCRE4M asap!

I'm still proud of myself for working it out :tongue:

Really looking forward to scream 4 though! Even if everytime I see "Scre4m" I read it in my head as "screfourum"
Original post by thunder_chunky
Indeed.
But is it bad that when I first heard that my first thought was "But is she bi-winning?"

Probably.
Original post by riotgrrl
I'm still proud of myself for working it out :tongue:

Really looking forward to scream 4 though! Even if everytime I see "Scre4m" I read it in my head as "screfourum"

Haha yes more congratulations Bethenator! :dancing2:

Lol yeah same thing with Se7en (Sesevenen)
Just watched Oldboy
I'm not sure how I should react to it...O_O
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Excellent. Thanks for the support. We shall start soon then. In a week or two. Will try and get a TV schedule of random, but discussion worthy films and you guys can decide which to watch depending on whether you are free or not.

Wondering if we should do this inside this thread, or in the Film forum. :holmes:

Sounds good :yep:

Perhaps you could create a thread in the Film forum to decide which films get picked and who's going to be watching but discussions go in this thread?
Reply 1039
Just watched 127 Hours, bored me to death to be honest!

Quick Reply

Latest