The Student Room Group

sleeping in the same bed

there is nothing more wonderful than falling asleep in each other's arms but afterwards one of us will wake up during the night, and then there is the tossing and turning or just generally not going to bed at the same time usually, which is why , although we have tried, we never really sleep in the same bed, unromantically enough. (I sleep in the spare room at his place) Question would be, I imagine the majority of you do, but esp if you do it repeatedly and for some nights in a row, are you not exhausted, do you not keep waking up, do you get restful and enough sleep??
I live with my bf and have done for the past 2 years. I hate sharing a bed. I struggle to sleep and stay asleep anyway but when you have someone next to you who is either snoring or moving around it is the most annoying thing. It really frustrates me. I normally average around 4.5 hours a night of actual sleep because of that!! HA
one of my ex's was horrible to share a bed with for the first week, after that i barely even noticed she was there

the girl i'm seeing at the moment is lovely, literally wake up each morning and until i bump into her i forget she's stayed over

another ex, we'd wake each other up quite a bit, but on the occasion that we were in a double bed it was fine. and after a few weeks of being together i just got used to it and stopped waking up so often

(these are all in single beds, so even more squashed than usual)

basically after sharing a bed a dozen times with the same person i've always gotten used to it. if you're really struggling just get a bigger bed
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by *twinkletoes*
I live with my bf and have done for the past 2 years. I hate sharing a bed. I struggle to sleep and stay asleep anyway but when you have someone next to you who is either snoring or moving around it is the most annoying thing. It really frustrates me. I normally average around 4.5 hours a night of actual sleep because of that!! HA

gosh, it would be the same here. I have insomnia issues so it's not as if I wake up and go back to sleep immediately...
Reply 4
My OH and I live together and sleep in the same bed every night. Neither of us ever have any problems with it :smile:
How big is the bed? I like sharing :smile:
Reply 6
I'm pretty sure Im the worse person to share a bed with I fidget in my sleep one night I woke one of ex's up by headbutting her in the face. Needless to say she was not impressed.
Original post by other one
gosh, it would be the same here. I have insomnia issues so it's not as if I wake up and go back to sleep immediately...

Yeah thats what I'm like - I can be so tired but then as soon as I get into bed I'm wide awake and then I lay there for hours til I drift off and then the slightest thing will wake me and I will stay awake for ages after that. :frown:
Reply 8
My gf sleeps like a baby when I'm there: literally off in about four minutes. I then spend about an hour trying to fall asleep.
Haha - Why the neg rep!?
What size bed do you try and sleep in? We have a kingsize bed, it's fine, we don't touch when we're asleep at all. As for turning over, if he turns over, or vice versa, it doesn't bother me, it doesn't wake the other person up.
Snoring - he snores on his back or side. So if that happens, and it wakes me up, I prod him and tell him to lie on his front, so he does, then the snoring stops, and I go back to sleep.
Reply 11
I've lived with my bf for a while and it took ages to get used to it. Just don't fall asleep spooning cos you're bound to disrupt one another. We generally fall asleep facing each other so then if we want to move we're not really interfering with each other. I'd rather wake up after a good nights sleep to see my bf than fall asleep spooning and being disturbed all night. I have a double bed but I'm really after a king.
I kicked my last ex out of her own bed during my sleep, woke up in the morning to see her sleeping on the floor and asked her what she was doing down there :lol:
Reply 13
My ex FWB was/is the worst to share a bed with. We have a double bed, but he falls asleep within seconds of hitting the pillow, snores loudly, steals the covers etc. That's not counting the number of times he's hit me in the face and slept on my hair so I couldn't move.
I live with my bf and although spooning is nice, we know that when we've got uni and work in the morning its much better to just sleep how we want. I sleep on my side facing out the bed and he sleeps on his front so we just cuddle for a bit, kiss each other good night then turn over and sleep how we are both comfortable. Works for us:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending