The Student Room Group

Ocr f215: 27/1/11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Summerdays
The paper was hard. I was quite surprie when I heard people saying that it was 'easier than June's F215'. I was like :eek2: :eek3:

Just out of pure curiousity, how much did everybody revise for this? Did you guys do any past paper/specimen papers/F215 related Bio quetion etc.?

Only from the book and a tiny bit of practice on the genetics past paper questions.
Original post by ibysaiyan
Only from the book and a tiny bit of practice on the genetics past paper questions.

Unfortunately there was absolutely no genetics question in the paper. :/
The paper was hard. I was quite surprie when I heard people saying that it was 'easier than June's F215'. I was like :eek2: :eek3:

Just out of pure curiousity, how much did everybody revise for this? Did you guys do any past paper/specimen papers/F215 related Bio quetion etc.?

I did a fair bit of revision for this paper but it was one of those that had a lot of synoptic questions. They didn't test us on genetics which I found quite odd and the essay questions required a lot of thought (especially the comparative one on PCR). The essay in the June paper was simply to describe transcription and translation.
Original post by kbountra
I did a fair bit of revision for this paper but it was one of those that had a lot of synoptic questions. They didn't test us on genetics which I found quite odd and the essay questions required a lot of thought (especially the comparative one on PCR). The essay in the June paper was simply to describe transcription and translation.

Yeah, I agree with this. I think that the paper unfairly represented the specification. I guess that's why the grade boundaries are so low.
People who sat the Biology f214 exam in January 2011 and didnt get the mark they wanted go here and send an email: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30278811&posted=1#post30278811

I got the examiner text book and the revision guide, the revision guide had examiner tips that suggested which topics to revise from AS so my notes started off with an AS summary then I built it up with F215 stuff.

I went from an E first time around in this paper (72/150) to an A at (125/150) and biology is my weakest subject, AS grades = DBB and A2 grades = DAC, I think the only reason I did better this time round was because I tried to give the most 'obvious' answers and basically keep it simple. After looking back on it this paper had more of the 'stretch and challenge' type questions than the June 2010 paper as it had more synoptic type questions and questions which tested your understanding by giving weird questions like the comparison one.
Reply 326
Is protein synthesis knowledge required for F215 A2?
Reply 327
Original post by Moonkin
Is protein synthesis knowledge required for F215 A2?

Yes, translation and transcription is in the first module to.
Reply 328
Original post by mathsclown
I got the examiner text book and the revision guide, the revision guide had examiner tips that suggested which topics to revise from AS so my notes started off with an AS summary then I built it up with F215 stuff.

I went from an E first time around in this paper (72/150) to an A at (125/150) and biology is my weakest subject, AS grades = DBB and A2 grades = DAC, I think the only reason I did better this time round was because I tried to give the most 'obvious' answers and basically keep it simple. After looking back on it this paper had more of the 'stretch and challenge' type questions than the June 2010 paper as it had more synoptic type questions and questions which tested your understanding by giving weird questions like the comparison one.

which AS topics should i revise for F215?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending