The Student Room Group

Drama School/University Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by bannjos
hello!

Just wondering if anyone knew how many people get through each round in the RADA auditions?
x

something like 15% get a recall from the 1st round after that no idea... something like 0.7% get in, pretty standard at the big schools, think lamda, central and bristol have similar numbers with entry., gl
Reply 521
I got offers for Drama in Bristol, Royal Holloway and Queen Mary and I have no idea what to do!!
Reply 522
I got to the 3rd round of RADA :biggrin:
Original post by DakH3mm

Congrats! I had my third round at the start of Feb and I had a letter saying 'still considering your application' but haven't had a firm answer yet! Very annoying!
Original post by DakH3mm

Congratulations - that is a tremendous achievement.

I have my first round audition this month and any words of wisdom or advice, I would be most grateful. :smile:
Reply 525
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
Congratulations - that is a tremendous achievement.

I have my first round audition this month and any words of wisdom or advice, I would be most grateful. :smile:

Really and truly, just be yourself - show them that you're mature enough in your interview. They're really helpful in letting you wind down and relax. Be confident, show them what you got and speak to them freely about other aspects of your life - they seem to like that.

ETA: Where are my manners? Thanks to the both of you :smile:
@Lauracrocker: is the workshop challenging? I heard it's a pretty nice experience, did I hear correct?
Original post by coolin
Has anyone heard back yet from LAMDA 12th March audition?

son heard back today from LAMDA 19th March
Original post by DakH3mm

ETA: Where are my manners? Thanks to the both of you :smile:
@Lauracrocker: is the workshop challenging? I heard it's a pretty nice experience, did I hear correct?

It was a great workshop. The staff and other applicants are lovely and the material is fun! I walked away thinking I had brilliant time no matter what the outcome.
bristol old vic recall on 21st may, anyone else?
Reply 529
Anyone else with a RADA workshop 10th may?
Anyone had an offer from LAMDA???? xxx
Reply 531
When was your interview again? I had mine in November and got a reply about 3 weeks later but a friend had her interview about a month ago and she hasn't heard.
Original post by Virna
When was your interview again? I had mine in November and got a reply about 3 weeks later but a friend had her interview about a month ago and she hasn't heard.

my interview was 1st of february and i found out on 21st :wink:
do you know whether you are going yet?? i have accepted the place and looking for other people xxx
Reply 533
I thought you wanted to go to central? :smile: Didn't you get an offer there? I accepted my place too!
Reply 534
has anyone been to a final round at RADA before? not sure what to expect! x
Original post by Virna
I thought you wanted to go to central? :smile: Didn't you get an offer there? I accepted my place too!

Really?! Thats great!! Haha ive finally found someone else ;D
No i liked central but LAMDA was always my top choice :wink: coolio.... do you know anyone else going???
xxx
Reply 536
Original post by Wicked_Girliee_Xx
Really?! Thats great!! Haha ive finally found someone else ;D
No i liked central but LAMDA was always my top choice :wink: coolio.... do you know anyone else going???
xxx

No I don't know anyone else! At least we'll know each other!!! :smile: How exciting :biggrin:
Original post by Lianne H
has anyone been to a final round at RADA before? not sure what to expect! x

I have no idea what the final round is like, sorry. Im just wondering when you found out about your 4th round. I have been waiting since early Feb when I got a 'we're still considering your application' after my third round. So when was your 3rd round and Did you get a 4th round offer straight after or a letter like mine? I've waited so long and I'm just desperate to know!
Original post by Virna
No I don't know anyone else! At least we'll know each other!!! :smile: How exciting :biggrin:

Yeah thats brill =D hehe I'm getting really excited already!!xxx
URGENT: Does anyone know of any really modern/ non overused and witty monologues that are for a female character between the ages of 16-25?? I need to get my hands on a good one ASAP!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending