The Student Room Group

Woodhouse college!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princess_Shaz
I got a reply to my email. I asked about when we will hear from them...this is what they replied:

Letters regarding the outcome of interviews are going out this week. If you have not received anything by Friday please call the college to chase this for you. Due to the large number of letters going out we can only send them out in batches. Thanks for your patience.

Best wishes

OMG This is so daunting! We should know the outcome of our applications by this Friday...:eek:

Oh God, hopefully this morning, I'm not the most patient person... :/

E: Nothing this morning :/ Ugh! This is probably them giving me time to process the fact that I have been rejected :/ Tomorrow, hopefully.
(edited 13 years ago)
I Got my relpy this morning they are giving me a conditional offer :wink:
The friend that failed 71 x 69 got in.
Reply 43
Original post by nerdfighter28
Oh God, hopefully this morning, I'm not the most patient person... :/

E: Nothing this morning :/ Ugh! This is probably them giving me time to process the fact that I have been rejected :/ Tomorrow, hopefully.

Me neither! I was waiting for the letter today...:frown: I think I'm going to get rejected =/ Ah well. No way! You're deffo. not going to get rejected, with grades like that :smile: If they reject you, then we know that they're deciding if we get places using heads and tails ¬_¬ LOL! I have a feeling we'll get our replies tomorrow :smile:
Original post by Michelle_Ching24
I Got my relpy this morning they are giving me a conditional offer :wink:

Awh, well done and congrats! What subjects are you taking? :smile:
Original post by dabest2500
The friend that failed 71 x 69 got in.

:eek: Really?! Maybe it's because he/she tried to figure the sum out, and that showed that they weren't the type of person to give up? Still no letter for me...I can bet £1000 it's a waiting list or rejection!
:eek: Really?! Maybe it's because he/she tried to figure the sum out, and that showed that they weren't the type of person to give up? Still no letter for me...I can bet £1000 it's a waiting list or rejection!

The criteria for Woodhouse seems dodgy...
They expect some Cs from him for crying out loud!!!
Reply 45
Not that long ago, in a college that wasn't called Woodhouse, if one failed to get in, one's parents simply needed to make a "donation" to the college and magically their grades became acceptable, or another seat in the class was found for them.

Don't be fooled by the hype. It's not all that. There has been a year-on-year decline in standards, plagues of drug problems and even in it's heyday, accepted real losers from the school out back - and most of the student body could be described as complete tossers.

Not talking about Woodhouse, of course - must be another VI Form college on Woodhouse Road in front of Christchurch School (later Wren's Academy).
Reply 46
The criteria for Woodhouse seems dodgy...
They expect some Cs from him for crying out loud!!!

I second that =/ I think it's really random. Woodhouse want C's? And yet people get rejected with A grades and A*grades...I'm surprised. Do you know anyone else who got a reply yet?
Original post by Clip
Not that long ago, in a college that wasn't called Woodhouse, if one failed to get in, one's parents simply needed to make a "donation" to the college and magically their grades became acceptable, or another seat in the class was found for them.
Don't be fooled by the hype. It's not all that. There has been a year-on-year decline in standards, plagues of drug problems and even in it's heyday, accepted real losers from the school out back - and most of the student body could be described as complete tossers.

Not talking about Woodhouse, of course - must be another VI Form college on Woodhouse Road in front of Christchurch School (later Wren's Academy).

Ooh...what college is this?
I second that =/ I think it's really random. Woodhouse want C's? And yet people get rejected with A grades and A*grades...I'm surprised. Do you know anyone else who got a reply yet?

Nope, but you only need to wait till Friday.
Maybe it's down to luck.
The interviewers should have been the same :frown:
But then that would take forever.
We're just kids! Why so hardcore :angry:
My cousins applied here! He has been for an interview and is waiting for a reply...fortismere have accepted him and he doesn't want to go there -_-
Reply 49

Ooh...what college is this?

Lol the offers are really low, mine said i need "3bs" and a 6.0 average.
Original post by the don
Lol the offers are really low, mine said i need "3bs" and a 6.0 average.

Maybe Woodhouse are getting desperate :biggrin:
Reply 51
Maybe Woodhouse are getting desperate :biggrin:

the interview lady was telling me that a girl's school had given her the predicted grades form to fill out, she put straight A*s. Woodhouse do a check with the school if the person has more than 4A*, yes the girl turned out to be lying.

The interviewee said this is common as loads of people want to get into there.
Either she was boasting about the college or just trying to kill time...

The usual precaution for something like that is to withdraw her application, but the worst thing is that if she had actually made the teachers fill it out, the she probs would have got in.

I doubt they're getting desperate, but you can't worry because most of the people gat on the waiting list and maybe they the send everything in daily batches.

Im sure everyone on TSR will get in Lol
Reply 52
Original post by the don
the interview lady was telling me that a girl's school had given her the predicted grades form to fill out, she put straight A*s. Woodhouse do a check with the school if the person has more than 4A*, yes the girl turned out to be lying.

The interviewee said this is common as loads of people want to get into there.
Either she was boasting about the college or just trying to kill time...

The usual precaution for something like that is to withdraw her application, but the worst thing is that if she had actually made the teachers fill it out, the she probs would have got in.

I doubt they're getting desperate, but you can't worry because most of the people gat on the waiting list and maybe they the send everything in daily batches.

Im sure everyone on TSR will get in Lol

Ooh, this got me thinking. My predicted grades aren't the same as the ones the school has on the system, because they had me mixed up with someone else and it still hasn't been updated :frown: What if they checked with my school, and they told them the wrong predicted grades? However, my tutor did sign the report form and wrote a lot of good things about me, which would probably make it believable...I guess? I only put 1 A* on the form, but since then it was updated to 4 A*'s and I told them at the interview, would they still check? =/
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by the don

I was just trying to give myself some hope :cry2:
Reply 54
Ooh, this got me thinking. My predicted grades aren't the same as the ones the school has on the system, because they had me mixed up with someone else and it still hasn't been updated :frown: What if they checked with my school, and they told them the wrong predicted grades? However, my tutor did sign the report form and wrote a lot of good things about me, which would probably make it believable...I guess? I only put 1 A* on the form, but since then it was updated to 4 A*'s and I told them at the interview, would they still check? =/

I dunno, if you had a good refernece, then no, i doubt they would, but who am i to say.

My teacher was also so nice about me, when he hates me lol

mine jumped from 3A* to 6 after my mocks, but i revised really hard for them,so i guess it paid off
Reply 55
I was just trying to give myself some hope :cry2:

youll get in, trust
Definitely hoping to get the results today, if not, I'm going to rip my hair out!
aww, thanks, if that's the case, your grades are awesome too, but I know people who had fantastic grades and were waiting listed, which is what I think will happen to me... :/
Here's to hoping that we (Bambi included!) get offers today :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by rae_
That's exactly what I said to my friend but she was like that's what the organiser woman person (sorry can't remember what she was and I have a tendency to make up names for things I don't know)... I think there was more 26 groups though...

Oh I had Mr Clinton, who did you have?

Oh, I had Mr Clinton too :smile: How was your interview?
Reply 58
Original post by nerdfighter28
Definitely hoping to get the results today, if not, I'm going to rip my hair out!
aww, thanks, if that's the case, your grades are awesome too, but I know people who had fantastic grades and were waiting listed, which is what I think will happen to me... :/
Here's to hoping that we (Bambi included!) get offers today :smile:

I second that! I really hope we get our replies today...it's not fair that a lot of the girls in my year I know have their replies, but me! Awh, thanks :biggrin: Ah man, if we get waiting listed, then I think we still have a fair chance of getting in, or they've just lost some awesome students :wink:
*Prays that we, and Bambi, get our offers today* :smile:
I second that! I really hope we get our replies today...it's not fair that a lot of the girls in my year I know have their replies, but me! Awh, thanks :biggrin: Ah man, if we get waiting listed, then I think we still have a fair chance of getting in, or they've just lost some awesome students :wink:
*Prays that we, and Bambi, get our offers today* :smile:

My friend who lives two doors down from me and has very similar predicted grades to me got waiting listed today and I still haven't received anything! But you're right, if we don't get offers it's their loss, not ours :smile: I still want a place though :P Did you hear anything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending