The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Yep, one of the bases was a girl crying. Task: Console them :biggrin:

Hahaha sounds fun..yet awkward :tongue: Is it just Dundee that does that?
Original post by liviaaa
Hahaha sounds fun..yet awkward :tongue: Is it just Dundee that does that?

Dundee has an afternoon/morning of mini-interview stations that people attend.

I can't remember the numbers, but there are say 15 applicants in a group. You talk for a bit, then you are sent to an interview course with corresponding 15 bases. You start at your base which could be anything from a role play, to a straight forward discussion about your work experience, to a debate about NHS funding, to a problem solving task. A bell rings after so many minutes and everyone moves round a base till everyone has completed every base.

The idea is that the background noise of the others at their bases relaxes you and the variety allows the uni to better get to investigate you :tongue:

No idea about similar schemes though :s-smilie:
Original post by Braddd
Do tell.

Yeah I enjoyed it too. Certainly the quickest 70 minutes I've ever spent.

Well trying to construct a rhyme to help a woman with dementia remember which colour of pill to take with which meal was fun....:colone:
Original post by Stegosaurus
Had a vet in my year tell me at some length that "the BMAT isn't that hard" the other day.

I didn't say anything much, but I had a flashback to something I saw Beska post to the effect of "it will be the hardest exam you have ever sat" :rolleyes:

i had a go at the 2009 past paper last week and go like 7.7 on section 1 and section 2. I don't know if it was a fluke but it didn't seem too hard to me. I reckon it will be a lot harder in november though with the pressure etc.
Chemistry/Biology/Maths/EnglishLit/Psychology
:/ not sure whether i want to drop one...
and no idea where i want to apply :|
Reply 1425
Well trying to construct a rhyme to help a woman with dementia remember which colour of pill to take with which meal was fun....:colone:

Well this year we had a foreign woman who didn't understand english. It took me ages to realise there were coloured pens and papers. So I tried to act it out like an idiot. It really was good fun... Apart from the nhs station... It was horrible.
Original post by Braddd
Well this year we had a foreign woman who didn't understand english. It took me ages to realise there were coloured pens and papers. So I tried to act it out like an idiot. It really was good fun... Apart from the nhs station... It was horrible.

yep. I ballsed my NHS one up as well. I seemed to be saying that post code treatment was bad....because it was.
Reply 1427
yep. I ballsed my NHS one up as well. I seemed to be saying that post code treatment was bad....because it was.

Haha... I was just like "What are nhs?"... It was sooo bad.
Original post by liviaaa
Okay cool :smile: Will you do the rest post Easter?

Yes. During my study leave. I'm gonna be taking a week out of school for study leave. We get hardly an ytsudy leave, and i work so much better at home
Reply 1429
Original post by navarre
Yes. During my study leave. I'm gonna be taking a week out of school for study leave. We get hardly an ytsudy leave, and i work so much better at home

Yeah we have about 4 days study leave before my first exam :/
Original post by liviaaa
Yeah we have about 4 days study leave before my first exam :/

At least you get a few days, I have two exams before my study leave begins which will not be fun (but one of them is science in society so that doesn't really count as its not a real subject - to me anyways :tongue: )
Our college calls it "Exam Leave" now because they realised no-one studied during that time xD

.........'cept me of course :tongue:
Reply 1432
Original post by dominiqueblack
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone! :smile:
If anyone wants any help or advice or anything, I'd be happy to try and help! :smile:

could i take u up on that as well?
Original post by navarre

:hmmm: I must be really weird - I can't study well at home at all - hence why I'm always on TSR :colondollar:

On the other hand, my concentration at school is amazing - can get 1/2 hours' worth of work done in 10 minutes :cool:
Original post by thegodofgod

:hmmm: I must be really weird - I can't study well at home at all - hence why I'm always on TSR :colondollar:

On the other hand, my concentration at school is amazing - can get 1/2 hours' worth of work done in 10 minutes :cool:

Exact opposite of me, by the way how did you get into mensa? I usually get like 80% of the practice questions right, is that enough to get in if I did the test?
Reply 1435
Original post by liviaaa
I revised all module 1's before half term (though I'll still need to go over them again.) I started my module 2 revision on Monday and so far it's going okay. :smile:

Wow, people like you annoy me. In a good way :wink:
Original post by jam277
Exact opposite of me, by the way how did you get into mensa? I usually get like 80% of the practice questions right, is that enough to get in if I did the test?

I didn't do any of the practice questions - I just paid the fee and went in and found the questions to be quite easy :colondollar:

It's only £17.50 (I think) to book a session to take the test and then you'll get the results posted to you within a week.
Reply 1437
Original post by as_94
Wow, people like you annoy me. In a good way :wink:

Haha sorry :tongue: I didn't do that for GCSE - I'm just feeling a lot more pressure with A levels!
I didn't do any of the practice questions - I just paid the fee and went in and found the questions to be quite easy :colondollar:

It's only £17.50 (I think) to book a session to take the test and then you'll get the results posted to you within a week.

But isn't it all a bit pointless, you pay for someone to tell you you're good at logic puzzles from what I gather.
Original post by Normandy114
But isn't it all a bit pointless, you pay for someone to tell you you're good at logic puzzles from what I gather.

you don't even have to be that good. I think 1 in 50 get accepted as they ask for the 98th percentile or above.

Latest

Trending

Trending