The Student Room Group

Woodhouse college!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by nerdfighter28
Your grades are great! I agree with Shaz that a huge amount of it is probably a coin toss :/ I'm really getting impatient now, although I'm almost certain that I'll be waiting listed as a lot of people with great grades were...

Thanks

You still have a chance to get in, I mean my results are that great compared the rest of TSR, but I'm proud of them. I don't really think its about grades but potential as well. I'm really lazy and don't revise until last minute which seems to work for me in Geography and History especially put its really bad. I think I need to revise a lot more.

I hope you get in, because I haven't heard of anyone getting in yet on here ;/
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by dabest2500
My mum did it :colondollar:
EDIT: Just found out, the Ref:WHC is found at the top of the first of the three letters.

What? Where it says Our ref: WHC ....?
Reply 82
Original post by Princess_Shaz

Yeah, I agree :smile: We'll get our high grades and show them...but what if there are no places available? =/

Be optimistic :biggrin:. Quite a few people don't even make the grade even though they get the offer and also not everyone likes Woodhouse and even though they are offered a place they would kindly reject. For example my friend said she hated it after the interview and I could see she meant it even though they would probally offer her a place.
Original post by rae_
What? Where it says Our ref: WHC ....?

You simply fill out the number.
At the top of the letter is a reference number, you just write this number on to the blue sheet where appropriate.
Reply 84
You know what annoys me the most guys? They keep on giving us hope, that we still have a chance of getting in, but what about all the other thousands of applicants who are competing against us? Even if others reject their offers, there may be others with higher grades that will get the place. They didn't say why we were placed on the waiting list! So I'm going to call them up and personally ask. Sorry for the long rant :tongue: I'm just still in shock and upset :frown:
Reply 85
You simply fill out the number.
At the top of the letter is a reference number, you just write this number on to the blue sheet where appropriate.

Oh thanks...I told you I was slow :colondollar:
Original post by rae_
Thanks

You still have a chance to get in, I mean my results are that great compared the rest of TSR, but I'm proud of them. I don't really think its about grades but potential as well. I'm really lazy and don't revise until last minute which seems to work for me in Geography and History especially put its really bad. I think I need to revise a lot more.

I hope you get in, because I haven't heard of anyone getting yet on here ;/

aww, thanks. I'll keep you updated :smile:
Reply 87
You know what annoys me the most guys? They keep on giving us hope, that we still have a chance of getting in, but what about all the other thousands of applicants who are competing against us? Even if others reject their offers, there may be others with higher grades that will get the place. They didn't say why we were placed on the waiting list! So I'm going to call them up and personally ask. Sorry for the long rant :tongue: I'm just still in shock and upset :frown:

Woah, I hope you don't start shouting at them :biggrin:. I think my letter told me why I got rejected implicitly : the combination of my choices. They probably had the most competition

They can still fail the exams by being cocky :biggrin:

Original post by rae_
Oh thanks...I told you I was slow :colondollar:

No worries :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by rae_
Woah, I hope you don't start shouting at them :biggrin:. I think my letter told me why I got rejected implicitly : the combination of my choices. They probably had the most competition

LOL Could you imagine that? Imagine I start off all sweet and nice, and then I lose it and start shouting aha :tongue: Yeah same! It says on the letter something like '...it is possible that your combination of subjects become available...' blah blah :tongue: Even if they did become available, I wouldn't be offered a place :redface:
Reply 90
LOL Could you imagine that? Imagine I start off all sweet and nice, and then I lose it and start shouting aha :tongue: Yeah same! It says on the letter something like '...it is possible that your combination of subjects become available...' blah blah :tongue: Even if they did become available, I wouldn't be offered a place :redface:

Pshh. You still have a chance. Are still going to call?
Reply 91
They can still fail the exams by being cocky :biggrin:

No worries :smile:

LOL! It's their loss for losing awesome students like us :biggrin: They'll come back to us...:colone:

Original post by rae_
Pshh. You still have a chance. Are still going to call?

Aha thanks :redface: They definitely have to accept you with grades like those :smile: What college are you going to? Yep, I'm going to call them...let's just hope the woman/man on the other end of the phone doesn't start crying :tongue:
LOL! It's their loss for losing awesome students like us :biggrin: They'll come back to us...:colone:

Aha thanks :redface: They definitely have to accept you with grades like those :smile: What college are you going to? Yep, I'm going to call them...let's just hope the woman/man on the other end of the phone doesn't start crying :tongue:

When you gonna call them?
Maybe if we dumb ourselves down we'll get in :tongue:
Reply 93
When you gonna call them?
Maybe if we dumb ourselves down we'll get in :tongue:

LOL! Yeah, then we'll reach their standards :tongue: I tried calling them like 4 times, but they don't pick up...maybe they know what's coming ahaha :biggrin:
Reply 94

Lol. Don't be too harsh. I'm not sure really. The only options I have is Laswap/Greycoats (haven't got the letter yet), C&I or Camden (one of the 30 people on the waiting list because I live too far however they said if I change my science options they would accept me but I was like 'Hell no' so yeah)... you?
LOL! Yeah, then we'll reach their standards :tongue: I tried calling them like 4 times, but they don't pick up...maybe they know what's coming ahaha :biggrin:

:lol:
Maybe they're on their Easter holidays :mad:
Anyway, I need to stop procrastinating.
Be back after hardcore revision!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 96

I think I'm off too. Need to start my revision today.

See you all later :biggrin:

Anyone got advice for English?
Reply 97

LOL! A much more logical explanation :tongue: They're relaxing, while we're upset because of them :mad:
Man...I want to revise, but I feel so demotivated :frown:

Original post by rae_
I think I'm off too. Need to start my revision today.

See you all later :biggrin:

Anyone got advice for English?

Aha I've been saying that I'll revise for the past week, but it's just a lie :tongue: Oh, for English I advise you to keep on practising writing essays on comparing different poems for the literature, because you need to compare 4 poems based on a certain theme. Make sure you at least mention all 4 of the poems, to get at least a C grade and always conclude :smile: Try writing your essays in this format, using comparison: Introduction, content, language, structure and conclusion. What grades did you get for your coursework? They really help bumping up the grade :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by rae_
Lol. Don't be too harsh. I'm not sure really. The only options I have is Laswap/Greycoats (haven't got the letter yet), C&I or Camden (one of the 30 people on the waiting list because I live too far however they said if I change my science options they would accept me but I was like 'Hell no' so yeah)... you?

You got into Grey Coats?! Me too! I think I'm going there, since it is one of the highest performing sixth-forms, according to my careers advisor :smile: C&I is my sixth form, so I wouldn't advise it...but I'm biased :tongue: I was placed on the waiting list for LaSwap, since I gave it in a day late, even though I live 5 mins. away from it. Let's hope the waiting list moves fast for Woodhouse :frown:
Reply 99
Original post by j.laurence
I was on the waiting list aswell so you have just as much chance getting in, good luck mate

I'm on the waiting list too :frown: What subjects did you pick, and what were your predicted grades? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending