The Student Room Group

Don't take what you have for granted.

I see this things all the time: teenagers talking about their first kiss, the first time they had sex, gf/bf troubles..."oh I'm too ugly to get a bf/gf" when they're actually not, the list goes on.

What I want to say is please spare a thought for those who never had the same chances you did. Those who were too objectively ugly, diseased or disabled to have the same experiences.

Spare a thought for people who've never had the chance to live life the same way you have.

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
alright mum
Reply 2
Thanks for that, now back to fapping.
Reply 3
I take nothing for granted... except maybe my money, good looks and my wit... :colondollar:
alternatively just watch the saw movies.
Original post by Anonymous
I see this things all the time: teenagers talking about their first kiss, the first time they had sex, gf/bf troubles..."oh I'm too ugly to get a bf/gf" when they're actually not, the list goes on.

What I want to say is please spare a thought for those who never had the same chances you did. Those who were too objectively ugly, diseased or disabled to have the same experiences.

Spare a thought for people who've never had the chance to live life the same way you have.

Thanks.

Bravo Jesus, bravo.
Sounds like you're just saying that anyone unattractive/with a disease/disabled doesn't stand a chance to experience those things at all? :lolwut:
Reply 7
Original post by tehFrance
I take nothing for granted... except maybe my money, good looks and my wit... :colondollar:

Talk about arrogance!
Fair point.
But everyones problems and issues are relative to them.
Plus its not ignorant to not constantly think about people who are worse off, i mean yeah most people know there are others worse off and always will be. What i'm trying to say is thinking about people worse off wont change your situation, an its human nature to think about your own needs 1st.
Original post by Anonymous

Thanks.

No. They aren't my problem, I'm my problem. Must be nice being so perfect that you can spend all your time white knighting for others. You make me sick.

Spoiler

Reply 10
Are unattractive people really on the same level as diseased (what does this even mean? Leprosy?) or disabled people? And a lot of people who think they're ugly really aren't. Being actually deformed or physically disabled is a totally different thing in our society.
Reply 11
Y'know when you sneeze and fart at the same time and it feels like you've just ripped yourself a new bumhole.

Spoiler

Original post by anonymous
i see this things all the time: Teenagers talking about their first kiss, the first time they had sex, gf/bf troubles..."oh i'm too ugly to get a bf/gf" when they're actually not, the list goes on.

What i want to say is please spare a thought for those who never had the same chances you did. Those who were too objectively ugly, diseased or disabled to have the same experiences.

Thanks.

???? Confused!!! What's the point of this thread??:s:s
Original post by amime
Y'know when you sneeze and fart at the same time and it feels like you've just ripped yourself a new bumhole.

Spoiler

:lolwut:
Reply 14
Original post by Stargazer23
Sounds like you're just saying that anyone unattractive/with a disease/disabled doesn't stand a chance to experience those things at all? :lolwut:

At the very best, not until they're much older. Of course it's not quite the same then.
I don't take things for granted thanks, and i do spare a thought for the unfortunate...But come on, did you really need to make a thread? Go preach to people who really need it on some other topic. There is more to life than a bf or gf or a first kiss
Original post by TheWorld!
Talk about arrogance!

k.

Arrogance is an inward directed emotion that exemplifies either a high sense of one's personal status or ego (i.e., leading to judgments of personality and character) or the specific mostly positive emotion that is a product of praise or independent self-reflection. Philosophers and social psychologists have noted that arrogance is a complex secondary emotion which requires the development of a sense of self and the mastery of relevant conceptual distinctions (e.g., that arrogance is distinct from happiness and joy) through language-based interaction with others.[1] Some social psychologists identify it as linked to a signal of high social status.[2] One definition of arrogance in the first sense comes from St. Augustine: "the love of one's own excellence".[3] In this sense, the opposite of arrogance is either humility or guilt; the latter in particular being a sense of one's own failure in contrast to Augustine's notion of excellence.
Original post by TheWorld!
Talk about arrogance!

It was a joke, I thought British people were meant to have humour....
Original post by Angie varona
You're french.

I would kill myself if i were french.

Reported.
Original post by tehFrance
It was a joke, I thought British people were meant to have humour....

Reported.

BETA lmao.
Everyone takes things for granted until it's gone, it's part of what makes us human

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending