The Student Room Group

I've been a sadist for as long as I can remember

Like the title says, I've been a sadist for as long as I can remember. There are just too many examples to list, but it has always been like this. When I was as young as like, 4-6 in nursery I can remember getting kicks from basically being a big bully and always hitting girls/pulling their hair etc. I can remember when I was about 9 and in the playground was a slide which was a tube going down, and I used to block the slide in the middle in the dark so there would be a big pile up of children who would get really claustrophobic and scared. Has anyone else had anything like this?

inb4 troll, freak, sicko, etc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes me too, oh wait, No.
Reply 2
That's interesting. Would you say you get sexual pleasure from it in a sense, or not?
I'm sure if anyone else felt like that, they wouldn't admit it
This is quite interesting. Have you learnt to supress your urges as you got older or are there more recent examples of your behaviour?
Original post by Selkarn
Like the title says, I've been a sadist for as long as I can remember. There are just too many examples to list, but it has always been like this. When I was as young as like, 4-6 in nursery I can remember getting kicks from basically being a big bully and always hitting girls/pulling their hair etc. I can remember when I was about 9 and in the playground was a slide which was a tube going down, and I used to block the slide in the middle in the dark so there would be a big pile up of children who would get really claustrophobic and scared. Has anyone else had anything like this?

oh my :colondollar:

you're going to have have so much fun when you hogtie a slave girl suspended from the ceiling and whip her buttocks with a cat o nine tails.
Original post by Selkarn

Are you one of those people that enjoys torturing animals as well?
Original post by The-Real-One
oh my :colondollar:

you're going to have have so much fun when you hogtie a slave girl suspended from the ceiling and whip her buttocks with a cat o nine tails.

Do sadists still get the same sexual pleasure from that sort of thing knowing the other person is consenting and enjoying the experience?
Reply 8
I think you're a serial killer in the making. :gunfire:
Reply 9
Original post by TickTockBoom
This is quite interesting. Have you learnt to supress your urges as you got older or are there more recent examples of your behaviour?

I have never really done anything truly awful, but there have been more recent examples. Only a few months ago me and a female friend were play fighting, my sadistic urges took over and I started being very rough with her and ended up making her cry. Obviously things like that make me ponder the whole thing..

Original post by thecookiemonster
Are you one of those people that enjoys torturing animals as well?

No, absolutely not. In fact, I am a huge animal lover and am extremely gentle and loving with animals. It's purely with humans.
Reply 10
Original post by in_vogue
That's interesting. Would you say you get sexual pleasure from it in a sense, or not?

Yes, that's the whole reason, I think.

Original post by Gryffindor
I'm sure if anyone else felt like that, they wouldn't admit it

I'm not too bothered, it's like a mental illness, and I wouldn't be afraid of admitting that I had one of them..
Sexual sadists are cool, but do you find you're sadistic in other areas of life too?
It's not a mental illness, it's a sexual preference, one that society has a stigma against. If that's what gets you off then go for it, but only with a consenting partnet.
Original post by jessie6693
It's not a mental illness, it's a sexual preference, one that society has a stigma against. If that's what gets you off then go for it, but only with a consenting partnet.

I don't know...I think theres a strong argument to be made for it being if not a personality disorder in its own right, strongly linked to antisocial personality disorder (psychopathy/sociopathy). I mean its not a normal, functional sexuality is it? You could argue that paedophilia and zoophilia are "sexual preferences". I think consenting adults can do whatever the hell they like, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily totally mentally healthy.
I don't know...I think theres a strong argument to be made for it being if not a personality disorder in its own right, strongly linked to antisocial personality disorder (psychopathy/sociopathy). I mean its not a normal, functional sexuality is it? You could argue that paedophilia and zoophilia are "sexual preferences". I think consenting adults can do whatever the hell they like, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily totally mentally healthy.

I think people are too quick to lable something that is not "normal" as a mental health issue. I have friends who are masochists and sadists, and I know they would hate to believe that their sexuality is based entirely on some sort of genetic disorder or chemical imbalance. The way you're arguing you could say that being gay is a fuction of a mental disorder. Also the difference between sadism and pardophilia and zoophili is that the later two are illegal. There is nothing wrong with sadism as long as you have a consenting partner.
Just because someone doesn't fit into your heteronormative bread box doesn't mean that they are bat **** crazy.
Original post by jessie6693
I think people are too quick to lable something that is not "normal" as a mental health issue. I have friends who are masochists and sadists, and I know they would hate to believe that their sexuality is based entirely on some sort of genetic disorder or chemical imbalance. The way you're arguing you could say that being gay is a fuction of a mental disorder. Also the difference between sadism and pardophilia and zoophili is that the later two are illegal. There is nothing wrong with sadism as long as you have a consenting partner.
Just because someone doesn't fit into your heteronormative bread box doesn't mean that they are bat **** crazy.

Being gay is, in a literal sense, psychologically abnormal, but I don't think you could make an arguement that anyone is being harmed. Sadism is different because physical harm is blatantly being caused, so the question is whether the submissive individual is giving full informed consent i.e. whether they are being manipulated, and whether they are mentally healthy enough to give informed consent. I'm also not sure that if you were in court for ABH or something that consent would be a valid defense. If you have any difference suggesting otherwise I'd be interested in seeing it. The legality of it is somewhat of a side issue though.

There is also the issue that the sadist's desire to cause harm is unlikely to be restricted to harming people who consent. Obviously there should be no such thing as thought crime and I'm not suggesting locking people up for what goes on in their head. However, I'd consider a strong desire to cause harm to others for no apparent reason other than pleasure as psychologically abnormal. The fact that they might manage to find an outlet for this desire with a consenting individual doesn't really change that.
Original post by meenu89
Yes me too, oh wait, No.

inb4 yeah..oh wait you beat me :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by Selkarn
When I was as young as like, 4-6 in nursery I can remember getting kicks from basically being a big bully and always hitting girls/pulling their hair etc.

I can remember when I was about 9 and in the playground was a slide which was a tube going down, and I used to block the slide in the middle in the dark so there would be a big pile up of children who would get really claustrophobic and scared.

I think everyone has done these things. Got any more recent examples which aren't in young childhood?
Reply 18
What other things have you done? Are you sure it's not just because you want to cause that particular person pain?
Being gay is, in a literal sense, psychologically abnormal, but I don't think you could make an arguement that anyone is being harmed. Sadism is different because physical harm is blatantly being caused, so the question is whether the submissive individual is giving full informed consent i.e. whether they are being manipulated, and whether they are mentally healthy enough to give informed consent. I'm also not sure that if you were in court for ABH or something that consent would be a valid defense. If you have any difference suggesting otherwise I'd be interested in seeing it. The legality of it is somewhat of a side issue though.

There is also the issue that the sadist's desire to cause harm is unlikely to be restricted to harming people who consent. Obviously there should be no such thing as thought crime and I'm not suggesting locking people up for what goes on in their head. However, I'd consider a strong desire to cause harm to others for no apparent reason other than pleasure as psychologically abnormal. The fact that they might manage to find an outlet for this desire with a consenting individual doesn't really change that.

So basically what you're arguing is that everything that makes anyone different, sexually or otherwise, can be seen as a mental disorder. The legality of S&M is only an issue if they are seeking sexual gratification without consent, which would be considered, at the very least, sexual harrasment. However, to say that practitioners of S&M are more likely to take their desires out on non-consenting partners is ridiculous and offensive. It's the equivalent of thinking that all Gay people will try and have sex with you just because you are the same sex as them.

If finding sexual gratification from giving or receiving pain does not negatively impact your personal or professional life, then why should it still be considered a "problem"?

I hate to burst your hetero-normative bubble, but many people experiment sexually. The reason why much of this experimentation is considered "taboo" is because of conservative people like you who want to classify everything outside the norm as a "mental abnormality".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending