The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

The French Connection is immense. +1
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Quite like it as well. Shia La Beouf is in it. But it's like those background parts he has with I Robot and Will Smith. Before he became a central character. :colonhash:

Looking forward to any other films this year?

Shia La Beouf was ok as Even Stevens but that's about it.
I'm looking forward to the new Transformers film. La Beouf isn't it in, thank god, and it looks like it could be nice and dark (no pun intended). What about yourself?

Oh and thanks for accepting me to the society!
5 second preview clip from 'Rise of the planet of the apes'... didn't hear about that, but apparently it's trippy - and good
Reply 1043
Okay guys in a bit of a dilemma right now, what shall I watch, the town or buried ? :holmes:
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Hahahahahahahahahahaha NO it's not Welsh, the only Welsh I know is that "araf" means slow and that's cos Michael McIntyre goes on about it in his stand up lol. But I'll let you figure out what it is :smile: it isn't really any language...

And I meant with you saying "Sauce Code" not "Source Code" might be a pun :p:

Yeah I liked it too, I mean I thought that it was a bit too predictable but it was definitely well-made. I still prefer Moon though!

On a side note I love the Scream films and will definitely be seeing SCRE4M asap!

Ohh right, always thought it was xD thought you were Welsh too

hah yeah that was a sort of pun I randomly made up - yeah I called the end bit like 15 minutes before it ended but hey, it was a nice ending anyway

Yess out tomorrow, looks good. I've seen bits of Moon but never watched it the whole way through... my attention did drift tbh
Original post by aja89

Original post by aja89
Just watched 127 Hours, bored me to death to be honest!

What?!? Although in fairness I imagine it loses a lot of it's atmosphere if it's on a tiny screen without a cinematic sound system.
Original post by yokabasha
Just watched Resident Evil: Afterlife, was alright thought the ending could have been more epic, and what's up with that hench zombie with the giant hammer.

Also Prayers for Bobby, great film, unbelievably moving thought I was gonna cry in the last 30 mins, really recommend it to anyone looking for a decent drama.

I saw it the other day too on Channel 5, Tuesday or monday night I think - the films are a bit meh, I like the first, the 2nd was average, didn't care for Resident evil extinction or the 3D in it (seemed tacked on)

It reminded me of Silent hill... there needs to be a sequel. Just for Pyramid head, what a great character

And Guvnor watch 'The Town'
All in favour for watching The French Connection for ape's film club growl like Hackman. :p:
Reply 1048
Original post by Phalanges
What?!? Although in fairness I imagine it loses a lot of it's atmosphere if it's on a tiny screen without a cinematic sound system.

Yes I did think that. A big cinema screen would have definitely made a difference. I enjoyed the beginning and the end, but found myself checking my phone/Facebook/TSR for most of the 'being stuck' time! :redface:
Reply 1049
This picture literally sums up my entire experience of playing Pokemon...

Do not be hating on Pokémon in any way, shape or form or you'll have me to answer to :unimpressed:
Original post by aja89

Your Pokemon never learned Cut? :teehee:
Pokemon... the feature length films sucked and went down hill from the 3rd, by the 5th I lost interest, haven't seen any since - must be what like 13 films out now :indiff:
Original post by aja89

:laugh:

Reminds me of this.

EDIT: Heh, just realised that picture is on that page.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Pokemon... the feature length films sucked and went down hill from the 3rd, by the 5th I lost interest, haven't seen any since - must be what like 13 films out now :indiff:

The first three were brilliant. Full of emotion and heavy-going. Even Cambo's avatar reflects a scene from the first film. The later ones, I agree, have lost the magic. That might just be because we've grown up now, or are not too familiar with the new generations. But it's just become that usual formula of legendary pokemon fighting each other or being mistreated. 13 times.
You all suck :colonhash:
Original post by Melting Sugar.
Sounds good :yep:

Perhaps you could create a thread in the Film forum to decide which films get picked and who's going to be watching but discussions go in this thread?

That's an idea! The thread can be a poll too. Should get round to this in the next week or so. :yep:

Original post by True Ace
This site's quite good for seeing what films are on.
http://filmflow.tv/

Brilliant. Thanks, man!

Seems I've already repped you recently.

Original post by Stray_talk
Shia La Beouf was ok as Even Stevens but that's about it.
I'm looking forward to the new Transformers film. La Beouf isn't it in, thank god, and it looks like it could be nice and dark (no pun intended). What about yourself?

Oh and thanks for accepting me to the society!

Yeah, he's good in Even Stevens or a background character. Not so much as the central one.

I'm pretty sure Shia La Beouf is in the new Transformers. :awesome:

I'm personally looking forward to (copied and pasted from another thread):

Apollo 18 - looks like a good horror.

Super 8 - looks very promising. Abrams is great.

Cowboys & Aliens - Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford, it has aliens and cowboys. Win.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 - last HP film, Battle of Hogwarts and the end of years of films. Really looking forward to it.

Fast Five - just for being a decent action film

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - just for being a decent action film

Transformers: Dark of the Moon - just for being a good action film

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - M.I. films have always been good action films so I'm looking forward to it.

Red Riding Hood - not too sure on this one.

The Hangover: Part II - the first Hangover didn't actually make me laugh out loud, but I still really enjoyed it.

Kung Fu Panda 2: The Kaboom of Doom - loved the first one.

X-Men: First Class - looks promising

Immortals - Clash of the Titans was a disappointment. This is another film with a good budget based on Greek Mythology. Can never get enough Greek mythology.

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - loved the first one. Thought Jude Law and RDJ were great. Looking forward to this one and some more Moriarty.

Johnny English Reborn - Found the first one funny.

Your Highness - seems a bit cheesy but worth going to for the cast.

Cars 2 - loved the first one.

Winnie the Pooh - childhood factor.

(edited 13 years ago)
Lol just sayin' Cambo - you seen all of the films?

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=62630

Rise of the planet of the Apes - :redface: I'm mildly excited

And Super 8 we need some more information dammit, it's out in 2 months... :indiff:
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Lol just sayin' Cambo - you seen all of the films?

:iiam:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
The first three were brilliant. Full of emotion and heavy-going. Even Cambo's avatar reflects a scene from the first film. The later ones, I agree, have lost the magic. That might just be because we've grown up now, or are not too familiar with the new generations. But it's just become that usual formula of legendary pokemon fighting each other or being mistreated. 13 times.

more or less agree with you - I just saw them as a bit re-hashed and samey and wasn't too familiar with the new characters

btw I just read up on 'Immortals', I've heard about it but didn't really know the plot - and yeah it sounds pretty good, I love films set in ancient Greece / Rome

Quick Reply

Latest