The Student Room Group

Who would win in a fight between the Borg and the Terminator?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by paddy__power
Shut down the nanoprobes and such and they are pretty ****ed....

Pretty much anywhere :dontknow:

One of the other quadrants maybe.

Depends where the technology has developed in the body.

We only have the Beta Quadrant left. :frown: Alpha has been done to death, Delta was Voyager, Gamma was in DS9... Maybe the Gamma Quadrant following the fall of the Dominion? Although I'd like to see more of the Ferengi and Ferenginar.
Original post by TheSownRose
Depends where the technology has developed in the body.

We only have the Beta Quadrant left. :frown: Alpha has been done to death, Delta was Voyager, Gamma was in DS9... Maybe the Gamma Quadrant following the fall of the Dominion? Although I'd like to see more of the Ferengi and Ferenginar.

That's a whole quadrant though. Maybe a whole new place - set a couple of hundred years on where such technology exists or a way exists to go that far away.

The Ferengi are cool, if often complete cocks. :lol:
I thought it was good, although I wathed it before I had seen an episode of startrek so should re-watch.

Yeah, I was going to say, as a film it's good but as a Star Trek film, not so much compared to those before it. But it was probably aimed at a larger audience rather than a selective niche.
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
Yeah, I was going to say, as a film it's good but as a Star Trek film, not so much compared to those before it. But it was probably aimed at a larger audience rather than a selective niche.

Probably, although it references Archer at some point if I remember correctly.

I may some books soon as I've not read any.
Original post by TheSownRose
Although I'd like to see more of the Ferengi and Ferenginar.

They could be *****. :laugh: I quite liked changelings.

Probably, although it references Archer at some point if I remember correctly.

I may some books soon as I've not read any.

I'm not sure. I watched it while on a plane a year ago so rewatching would probably be necessary.

Are the books meant to be good reads?
They could be *****. :laugh: I quite liked changelings.

I'm not sure. I watched it while on a plane a year ago so rewatching would probably be necessary.

Are the books meant to be good reads?

I have heard that some of them are good and some are not, but I would rather form my own opinion really.

I'm going to watch it later.

I may give TNG another go as well. I think I got to the second series and gave up (I had watched all of voyager and most of DS9 directly before though)
I have heard that some of them are good and some are not, but I would rather form my own opinion really.

I'm going to watch it later.

I may give TNG another go as well. I think I got to the second series and gave up (I had watched all of voyager and most of DS9 directly before though)

Fair do.

When you say directly before later, in your case I'll take that literally. :tongue: Did you give up because you didn't enjoy it as much as the other two?
Fair do.

When you say directly before later, in your case I'll take that literally. :tongue: Did you give up because you didn't enjoy it as much as the other two?

Pretty much yea, I found it a little slow and some of the acting a little wooden (not from PS). I didn't dislike it, I was just a little star-treked out for it to keep my attention.
Pretty much yea, I found it a little slow and some of the acting a little wooden (not from PS). I didn't dislike it, I was just a little star-treked out for it to keep my attention.

M'hmm, yeah, I can see why. Perhaps afresh you may find you like it more - or confirm not as much.
M'hmm, yeah, I can see why. Perhaps afresh you may find you like it more - or confirm not as much.

I will give it a go.

I need to catch up on Gossip Girl first though :h:
You don't know how extensive their power is, and the Borg couldn't even see them. The cityship could almost definitely take on a few cubes and win. The issue is whether A) that is their only ship and B) if they could hold off an attack of hundreds of cubes. This is assuming the Borg manage to A) see them B) catch them C) not die to the dampening field D) not have their cube shut down.

no it isn't; the borg have assimilated very technologically advanced species like arturis' species, from 'hope and fear', they had cloaking technology and had managed to fight the borg before, they also had the quantum slipstream drive. the borg will continue to assimilate advanced species and become and even larger threat and voyager has only ever beaten the with help. it is only a matter of time until the borg find the voth and assimilate them.
Original post by sniperontheroof
no it isn't; the borg have assimilated very technologically advanced species like arturis' species, from 'hope and fear', they had cloaking technology and had managed to fight the borg before, they also had the quantum slipstream drive. the borg will continue to assimilate advanced species and become and even larger threat and voyager has only ever beaten the with help. it is only a matter of time until the borg find the voth and assimilate them.

Maybe, eventually, the Borg will be able to take on the Voth - eventually they may well get the technology to do so, but by that time the Voth would know they are a threat. Without knowing the extent of Voth power we don't know so it is all down to reasonable guesses. My reasonable guesses are throughout this thread, yours is the Borg and that's fine.
I will give it a go.

I need to catch up on Gossip Girl first though :h:

I tried watching Gossip Girl but I can't seem to get into it. I watched all of The OC though. Watch it if you haven't done already!
I tried watching Gossip Girl but I can't seem to get into it. I watched all of The OC though. Watch it if you haven't done already!

Lol, I'm years ahead of you on that and re-watched it all about a month and a half ago :h:
Lol, I'm years ahead of you on that and re-watched it all about a month and a half ago :h:

I watched it in January after One Tree Hill. :laugh:

Have you seen anything similar?
I watched it in January after One Tree Hill. :laugh:

Have you seen anything similar?

Not that I can think of off the top of my head, I forget most of the things I watch. I recommend Sparticus and, strangely, True Blood as things I watched all of recently. I assume you've watched Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars?
Not that I can think of off the top of my head, I forget most of the things I watch. I recommend Sparticus and, strangely, True Blood as things I watched all of recently. I assume you've watched Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars?

Gilmore Girls yep. True Blood I tried. I haven't seen Sparticus or Veronica Mars though so I'll take a look. Thank you! Everwood is boring.
Gilmore Girls yep. True Blood I tried. I haven't seen Sparticus or Veronica Mars though so I'll take a look. Thank you! Everwood is boring.

Gilmore Girls is very awesome. True Blood is good when you get into it. You're welcome and it is indeed very boring! You may like shameless if you've not already watched that.
Gilmore Girls is very awesome. True Blood is good when you get into it. You're welcome and it is indeed very boring! You may like shameless if you've not already watched that.

Gilmore girls is. I really like the OC as well! Seth Cohen. And the first few seasons of One Tree Hill - not that it deterred me from watching more. Do you watch 90210?

American or British version of Shameless?
Gilmore girls is. I really like the OC as well! Seth Cohen. And the first few seasons of One Tree Hill - not that it deterred me from watching more. Do you watch 90210?

American or British version of Shameless?

British version and no I don't although I've not tried. I watched a few episodes and found it meh.

There is a good comedy thing on 4od set in the 80s or something in an american college.

The OC is possibly my favourite :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest