The Student Room Group

English Literature (AQA Spec B)

I got my coursework back today and my teacher has given me another chance to redo it if I want to but I don't know if it's worth it. I got Band 4 overall, so a C, but I think I can do better but I always leave things really last minute. Does anyone know if it's actually possible to pull that up to an A just with the exam, bearing in mind coursework is 40% of my AS?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Serina M
I got my coursework back today and my teacher has given me another chance to redo it if I want to but I don't know if it's worth it. I got Band 4 overall, so a C, but I think I can do better but I always leave things really last minute. Does anyone know if it's actually possible to pull that up to an A just with the exam, bearing in mind coursework is 40% of my AS?

Thanks

It's definitely worth it in my opinion! The marking seems to be relentless at AQA, so I wouldn't place much hope on the exam getting you those extra marks.

Assuming you got a C at roughly 52/80, you'll need 108/120 in the exam to get an A. That's pretty tough, in my opinion!
Reply 2
Original post by Groat
It's definitely worth it in my opinion! The marking seems to be relentless at AQA, so I wouldn't place much hope on the exam getting you those extra marks.

Assuming you got a C at roughly 52/80, you'll need 108/120 in the exam to get an A. That's pretty tough, in my opinion!

Yeah you're right, most aren't even getting the chance to re-draft in the other group. My UMS marks (just calculated on the website) are apparently 47. Do you possibly know how many UMS points you need to get an A overall? Why is it so hard to search for this stuff online?!

Edit : Forget that, I found it haha :P Thanks for the advice too.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3

Thanks

In my first attempt, I got a band 4. I did it again (another question) and got a 6.(27/30). Remember to evaluate critics. I can help you if you give me the c/w title.
Reply 4
Yeah you're right, most aren't even getting the chance to re-draft in the other group. My UMS marks (just calculated on the website) are apparently 47. Do you possibly know how many UMS points you need to get an A overall? Why is it so hard to search for this stuff online?!

Edit : Forget that, I found it haha :P Thanks for the advice too.

Yeah, I was going to comment that once ours had been marked, that was it. Consider yourself lucky to get a second chance!

Remember that your mark could go down when moderated by AQA as well, so give yourself the room for manoeuvre.
Reply 5
Original post by EffKayy
In my first attempt, I got a band 4. I did it again (another question) and got a 6.(27/30). Remember to evaluate critics. I can help you if you give me the c/w title.

That would be really great! Thank you for offering! I'll PM you.

Original post by Groat
Yeah, I was going to comment that once ours had been marked, that was it. Consider yourself lucky to get a second chance!

Remember that your mark could go down when moderated by AQA as well, so give yourself the room for manoeuvre.

Yeah you're right, it would be a bit of a waste if I just left it to be honest. I'm just really wary about starting revision now too.

Quick Reply

Latest