The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

BU MA Post Production Editing!

Hey all,

I've just accepted my unconditional for the MA in Post Production Editing!

I was just wondering if anyone out there is doing this or similar courses. It would be good to get to know people before we all move down!

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing the MA Producing! :smile:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Yay! Im Chris, nice to meet you. I say meet - nice to... type to you!
So u have an unconditional offer?
Haha! Nice to type to you too! :biggrin:

Yup, already accepted! You on Facebook?
Reply 4
Original post by CPilko

Original post by CPilko
Hey all,

I've just accepted my unconditional for the MA in Post Production Editing!

I was just wondering if anyone out there is doing this or similar courses. It would be good to get to know people before we all move down!

I got conditional offert in MA Digital Effects. Cant wait to get my final grades and see if I can do it.:smile:
Reply 5
I am on Facebook! Sorry for the delay in replying! Search for me: Chris "Pilko" Pilkington. Fb is probably easier to get To know people!
Anyone doing this course or similar feel free to add me- just let me know who u are!!
Reply 6
I've accepted my unconditional offer for MA Post Production Editing. I still haven't paid the deposit (I've got until May 6th) due to the fact that I work in a supermarket stacking shelves for £6 an hour... It should be paid eventually...

My name is Richard Strong by the way.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Had a friend who did MA Production last year. It was quite harrowing for him, he looked disheveled and incredibly tired coming home at 1 AM every night. Can't exactly say why, but he had a lot of trouble with English (he was foreign), and had trouble writing his dissertation and other assignments.
Reply 8
Original post by CalabiYau
Had a friend who did MA Production last year. It was quite harrowing for him, he looked disheveled and incredibly tired coming home at 1 AM every night. Can't exactly say why, but he had a lot of trouble with English (he was foreign), and had trouble writing his dissertation and other assignments.

Sounds like he's a reverse vampire.

Oh no! I'm doing that this year. I have no problems with English, fortunately. Was the course too tough or the language?
Reply 10
Original post by insertnamehere
Oh no! I'm doing that this year. I have no problems with English, fortunately. Was the course too tough or the language?

There's a lot of writing. If I remember correctly they were working in a group to produce a short film (I helped them with the sound track and music). I was wrong though, I think he was doing Directing or something like that, but the producer in the group was also pretty stressed out, but overall doing better. The course is pretty well regarded and serious, and it's probably a lot of work, if I remember properly they had to do a huge production folder, or something.

He was really really bad at English though, and could barely form a coherent sentence in writing. You seem like you could do a lot better.
Reply 11
Production work is always stressful, how much so depends on the team you work with.
Reply 12
Hiiii,

I have got an unconditional offer for MSc Computer Animation & Visual Effects at BU....Anybody else coming for the same course or to any other course at the media school???
There's a lot of writing. If I remember correctly they were working in a group to produce a short film (I helped them with the sound track and music). I was wrong though, I think he was doing Directing or something like that, but the producer in the group was also pretty stressed out, but overall doing better. The course is pretty well regarded and serious, and it's probably a lot of work, if I remember properly they had to do a huge production folder, or something.

Yeah, I'm prepared to work, and the production folder is a good thing in my opinion. I'm hoping for the best! :smile:
What course are you doing?

Original post by Phranky
Production work is always stressful, how much so depends on the team you work with.

So so true! And the worst part is you have to keep coaxing/requesting/nagging/ordering people to do their work. You're doing editing - you should get used to that. :biggrin:

I looked for you on Facebook. Too many people with your name! :frown:
What display pic do you have? PM me if you don't want to post that bit here.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Yeah, I'm prepared to work, and the production folder is a good thing in my opinion. I'm hoping for the best! :smile:

So so true! And the worst part is you have to keep coaxing/requesting/nagging/ordering people to do their work. You're doing editing - you should get used to that. :biggrin:

Good luck, I'm finishing Music and Audio Tech BSc (Hons) this year.
Good luck, I'm finishing Music and Audio Tech BSc (Hons) this year.

All the best for your exams! :smile:
Oh, and do you know anyone who has lived/is living in Corfe House? Is it really inconvenient?
Reply 16
All the best for your exams! :smile:
Oh, and do you know anyone who has lived/is living in Corfe House? Is it really inconvenient?

I lived in Corfe House for my first two years, go for it, it's absolutely top notch. The distance to the uni is not really a problem as there are buses until 10pm, and there are nightbuses and stuff to go into Bmouth. The halls building itself is very very good, friendly staff, clean, etc. It's a new building with modern facilities. It's also in a cool area of Poole right next to High Street and the Quay, so lots of pubs, bars, coffee shops, etc. It's also right next door to Sainsbury and the Dolphin Shopping Center, as well as a cheap Aldi.
(edited 13 years ago)
I lived in Corfe House for my first two years, go for it, it's absolutely top notch. The distance to the uni is not really a problem as there are buses until 10pm, and there are nightbuses and stuff to go into Bmouth. The halls building itself is very very good, friendly staff, clean, etc. It's a new building with modern facilities. It's also in a cool area of Poole right next to High Street and the Quay, so lots of pubs, bars, coffee shops, etc. It's also right next door to Sainsbury and the Dolphin Shopping Center, as well as a cheap Aldi.

Oh, awesome! Thanks, I'm so relieved I put it down as first choice. :smile:
Reply 18

Me? I have the Mr Strong avatar from Mr Men.
Reply 19
Hello everyone!

I have accepted the offer for the MA Post Production Editing too.I live in London and start sniffing around for an after masters pre-taste, very encouraging!

I am French and have to pass a language test before getting all thumbs up to start the course, so knock on wood!

Oh, and Richard, l can only emphatize with you, l am answering phone calls from French unhappy customers (pleonasm) in a furniture company...it definitely has to pay!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending