The Student Room Group

Getting BBB at AS Level?

Hey guys, i think i will be getting BBB in psychology, biology, and english this summer. I will take an intensive chem course during A2 at a local college with night classes to get the A Level in two years and i am aiming for an A*. I will apply after a gap year so would places like bsms and southampton mind if i retake an AS modual during A2 to bump them up ? Cheers :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
even then it's down to probability

and chemistry A level is considered the hardest a level, more so than further maths. Be wise, to do the chem course in one year sounds like a challenge
Reply 2
Original post by ilyking
even then it's down to probability

and chemistry A level is considered the hardest a level, more so than further maths. Be wise, to do the chem course in one year sounds like a challenge

Chemistry the hardest A level, are you taking the piss?!
Reply 3
BBB will be very good compared to some people. Its not uncommon for people to get Ds Es and Us at AS. Or at least where i go....
Reply 4
Original post by tface

I'm doing f.maths and chemistry is approximately 3.5 times harder than f.maths. most people I know doing f.maths agree, I think so too.

I'm doing OCR salters chem btw, hardest course out there
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by ilyking

Original post by ilyking

I'me doing OCR salters chem btw, hardest course out there

Same, i actually think if we didn't do Salters chemistry wouldn't be that bad..
Original post by tface

Obviously it's subjective, but out of the subjects I do (Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology) Chemistry I find to be the most demanding and difficult. It's been discussed on this forum a fair bit and generally Chemistry is seen as one of the hardest, if not the hardest A level. Again, it's subjective to where your skills lie, I know I find it a lot easier than I would find French or History A levels.
Reply 7
Becareful with chemistry it is really challenging. I wish you all the luck.
Reply 8
Original post by ilyking
I'm doing f.maths and chemistry is approximately 3.5 times harder than f.maths. most people I know doing f.maths agree, I think so too.

Challenging, sure, but not impossible.
IK find biology harder, purely for those stupid how science works questions.
Reply 9
Original post by ilyking

It can't be. If it is as hard as you're saying it is then I must be a genius, because I have V. high UMS for chemistry.

As it is, I am not a genius, so I doubt chemistry is as hard as you're making out.

That said, I would advise against sitting the whole A level in a year extra to three other subjects, unless you were some kind of a genius.
Reply 10
If you're getting Bs in sociology and English and Bio you won't get an A in chemistry.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by ilyking

That's because further maths is no harder than regular maths. It's extra maths, ie the modules not chosen, and not further.
Reply 12
Original post by SteveCrain
If you're getting Bs in sociology and English and Bio you won't get an A in chemistry.

its due to a lack of effort.......not capability :cool:
It's a next to 100% chance of you getting four rejections if you apply for medicine.
Reply 14
Original post by Glen_Nichols
It's a next to 100% chance of you getting four rejections if you apply for medicine.

I dont care. Its what i want to do. i will just apply again.
Reply 15
Chemistry is difficult. However, what saves it is that it's interesting. I found maths terribly dull, which is why I never went far with it(just a GCSE).
Reply 16
Original post by mclovin123
its due to a lack of effort.......not capability :cool:

ok; be aware of two things.

You'll get 4 rejections due to your below par AS grades and lack of evidence concerning what grade you'll get in Chemistry

Unis tend to want 4 AS levels sat in the AS year.

Email places ASAP about that second point
Reply 17
ok; be aware of two things.

You'll get 4 rejections due to your below par AS grades and lack of evidence concerning what grade you'll get in Chemistry

Unis tend to want 4 AS levels sat in the AS year.

Email places ASAP about that second point

No i think either no one noticed or i did not say but i am looking to complete my a levels then take a gap year then apply and fingers crost get an unconditional offer.
Reply 18
Original post by mclovin123
No i think either no one noticed or i did not say but i am looking to complete my a levels then take a gap year then apply and fingers crost get an unconditional offer.

Well I've looked on a couple of sites and this "You should study four AS subjects" is bandied around.
Reply 19
Well I've looked on a couple of sites and this "You should study four AS subjects" is bandied around.

in one year? I called southampton and i told the women i was speaking to my situation and plans and she said "that would be fine". Could she have been wrong?
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending