The Student Room Group

Woodhouse college!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by surina_xxx
I got a place :smile: im rejecting it tho:tongue:

Well done :smile: What subjects did you choose? Oh, and you could always give me your place :tongue:
Original post by Iqbal007
Actually there are people in school who work at office and i can see them quite clearly ( in woodhouse library :smile: )

Really?! I called them, but they ignored my calls!
Original post by Princess_Shaz
Well done :smile: What subjects did you choose? Oh, and you could always give me your place :tongue:

thankyou :smile: i choose maths, economics, government & politics and psychology
and sure you can have my place :biggrin:
Almost done with hardcore revision, just Business Studies left.

Actually there are people in school who work at office and i can see them quite clearly ( in woodhouse library :smile: )

The receptionists in my school don't even pick up the phone, well they do, then slam it back down again to stop it from ringing!

Grade offers are lower if you do btecs or certain subjects like ICT or something

Everyone does ICT at GCSE.

LOLWUT??????????
Really?! I called them, but they ignored my calls!

Well I seen people, but not everyones in.. so thats probably why just send an email because people have email access at home for the work computers otherwise you gotta wait :/
do you go woodhouse?

Yes I do :biggrin: in my final year....
Original post by dabest2500
Almost done with hardcore revision, just Business Studies left.

The receptionists in my school don't even pick up the phone, well they do, then slam it back down again to stop it from ringing!

Everyone does ICT at GCSE.

LOLWUT??????????

ICT i think at woodhouse is different, i dont think its a aproper alevel it like counts for 2 , soo probably a btec subjects, its seen as soft and at woodhouse if you do a btec and an alevel or 3 AS's i think your offer is lower then the standard one :/

do you like it there?
ICT i think at woodhouse is different, i dont think its a aproper alevel it like counts for 2 , soo probably a btec subjects, its seen as soft and at woodhouse if you do a btec and an alevel or 3 AS's i think your offer is lower then the standard one :/

Oh :frown:
Hate ICT anyway.
do you like it there?

Yeah i enjoy, for some strange reason i c new people in my year that i've never seen before... the main problem is getting a group in the first few weeks after it settles down people tend to stick together, but dies quite a bit later.... like i got groups of friends in different social backgrounds theres the south asian group, the muslim lot, orientals, theres afro-caribean groups, etc
Yeah i enjoy, for some strange reason i c new people in my year that i've never seen before... the main problem is getting a group in the first few weeks after it settles down people tend to stick together, but dies quite a bit later.... like i got groups of friends in different social backgrounds theres the south asian group, the muslim lot, orientals, theres afro-caribean groups, etc

wicked :smile: what A levels did you take?

Well done on getting a place :smile:

What are your predicetd grades?
Reply 132
Hey people, got my letter today and get on the waiting list. I was absolutely upset since I live just aroung the corner, I thought I would have a good chance.

I hear the waiting list moves quite fast, but how fast LOL? :P Im impatient and really want to get in.
Reply 133

How did you get in, Conditional or waiting list?
Original post by ocean
Hey people, got my letter today and get on the waiting list. I was absolutely upset since I live just aroung the corner, I thought I would have a good chance.

I hear the waiting list moves quite fast, but how fast LOL? :P Im impatient and really want to get in.

Me too! I guess we're lucky in a way, because we didn't get fully rejected. What subjects did you choose, and what were you predicted grades? :smile: I really want to get in too! :frown:
Original post by ocean
How did you get in, Conditional or waiting list?

Conditional, wasn't too bad but i applied because everyone else did, majority of which were rejected :s-smilie:.. one of my friends got in through waiting list even tho he got like a load of A* and A's :confused:
Reply 136
Me too! I guess we're lucky in a way, because we didn't get fully rejected. What subjects did you choose, and what were you predicted grades? :smile: I really want to get in too! :frown:

yh I guess so,
I chose maths, french, computing and physics
Im predicted all A's apart form english, a B.

What about you?
Reply 137
Conditional, wasn't too bad but i applied because everyone else did, majority of which were rejected :s-smilie:.. one of my friends got in through waiting list even tho he got like a load of A* and A's :confused:

ohhh ok, what did you get in your gcse's?
Original post by ocean
ohhh ok, what did you get in your gcse's?

1 A*,5 A'S, 2 B's, 2 C's and a pass in cida
just to clarify they r likely to cross off any btecs and short course subjects u take on results day as some of the teachers dont accept them as part of the conditional offer :/

My grades arent amazing, but i did write a lot of extra curricular activities as i did get up to a lot then :smile: plus my ref must have been very good. Just to clarify that was one of the major differences between me and my friend with the A*'S and A's i had loads of extra activites... hope this is helping
Reply 139
1 A*,5 A'S, 2 B's, 2 C's and a pass in cida
just to clarify they r likely to cross off any btecs and short course subjects u take on results day as some of the teachers dont accept them as part of the conditional offer :/

My grades arent amazing, but i did write a lot of extra curricular activities as i did get up to a lot then :smile: plus my ref must have been very good. Just to clarify that was one of the major differences between me and my friend with the A*'S and A's i had loads of extra activites... hope this is helping

Yh thats probably why, i did say about 5-6 activities in my interview, maybe it wasn't enough lol.

By the way, in your year were there a lot of people who were on waiting list that got through?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending