The Student Room Group

Need a cheap mp3 player that will work on an ipod dock

My 120gb ipod was stolen last week and I don't have the money to replace it. I mostly used it to store all of my music, but I always ran out of space anyway, so I am going to get a 2TB harddrive and hook that up to my computer for the same thing.

However, while that will be fine in the house I will want a cheap mp3 player, at most £50 with a couple of gigs of memory so I can have my absolute favourite songs while out and about. But because I have an ipod dock I would like an mp3 player which is compatible with it, as I like listening to some types of music while I sleep, so I would use that so I don't have to have my laptop on while I'm asleep.

There are obviously a ton of cheap mp3 players which would do the job, but I really want something that would work in it. I just dont know if ipods are the only mp3 players that would actually work in a standard ipod dock
http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Stereo-Jack-Plug-1-2M/dp/B00077DC3S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302801283&sr=8-1

just found out about these, so I could just use that instead with any mp3 player. awesome
Reply 2
just get a cable that will allow you to play mp3 in the dock.

That way you can get any mp3.

Can't remember the name of the cable though...

edit: Aux Cable

Original post by metalthrashin'mad
My 120gb
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by bestofyou
just get a cable that will allow you to play mp3 in the dock.

That way you can get any mp3.

Can't remember the name of the cable though...

edit: Aux Cable

cheers a lot, though why quote the "my 120gb" part? I listen to a lot of music, I think to have everything I listen to with a decent quality rather than 128kbs I would probably need double that
As said above, aux cable's what you want. But just in case you try looking, it is only iPods with the 30 pin connector. Nothing else uses it.
Reply 5
cheers a lot, though why quote the "my 120gb" part? I listen to a lot of music, I think to have everything I listen to with a decent quality rather than 128kbs I would probably need double that

lol, I quoted it randomly, I just shortened your comment to make a smaller quote. Just happened to be that part I quoted.
ill just have to check my ipod dock when i get back to uni and see if it has an aux slot then

ill just have to check my ipod dock when i get back to uni and see if it has an aux slot then

Most of them do, it's a standard feature on speakers of any description nowadays [=

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending