The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Staffordshire University:Stoke-on-Trent

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princess Vita
Hi!!!

Thank you very much for your response and I'll try to keep in mind the helpful information you have provided.

No problem one thing I would also like to inform you noticing your location is that the university is really cultural, if you are worrying and that is on your mind.
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Scott129
No problem. Hope my last answer didn't put you off too much. I was a bit nervous before I came here because I knew of stoke's reputation but whilst I've been here, I've had no problems and it's a brilliant uni. Can't recommend it enough :smile:

Hi again,

That's okay...thanks for telling me what the area is really like because as I said before, I'm not too familiar with the Stoke-on-Trent area.

Hope you continue to enjoy your studies there.

I truly believe it is a nice University.
Reply 22
Original post by Smilingsam
No problem one thing I would also like to inform you noticing your location is that the university is really cultural, if you are worrying and that is on your mind.

Hello again,

That's a really good point you just made there...thanks!
Original post by Smilingsam
Well the bad side of stoke on trent meir, but i do admit that newcastle does have the bonus of a nice cinema compared with the nightlife of hanley.

ooh meir - nice :redface:
Reply 24
Hey thanks for all the responses!!!

I was just wondering what is the weather like in Stoke-on-Trent, especially in the winter? As you may be aware I'm from the Caribbean and there are only two seasons across here...the dry (sunny) season and the wet (rainy) season.

Also what is the cost of living like? Food, clothing (especially winter clothing) and transport...are these things expensive or relatively cheap?

Any advice will be appreciated...thanks!
Original post by Princess Vita
Hey thanks for all the responses!!!

I was just wondering what is the weather like in Stoke-on-Trent, especially in the winter? As you may be aware I'm from the Caribbean and there are only two seasons across here...the dry (sunny) season and the wet (rainy) season.

Also what is the cost of living like? Food, clothing (especially winter clothing) and transport...are these things expensive or relatively cheap?

Any advice will be appreciated...thanks!

Hi Princess Vita,
Stoke-on-trent is fairly cheap compared with most other cities as it is generally not an affluent area. However, prices seem to be increasing everywhere in Britain in the current economic situation. Students can always get good bargains though with their N.U.S cards that give 10% discount in a lot of clothes shops and restaurants etc!

As for the weather, it is very unpredictable. In December we had severe snowfall that caused a lot of disruption, but we are just coming out of a nice warm spell :smile:. Temperatures rarely hit 30 degrees celcius though, so it will likely feel pretty cold coming from the Caribbean!

What subject will you be studying? I am going to be doing the Graduate Diploma in Law at the stoke campus from September 2011 and I am really looking forward to it!
Reply 26
Original post by SunKilMoonFan
Hi Princess Vita,
Stoke-on-trent is fairly cheap compared with most other cities as it is generally not an affluent area. However, prices seem to be increasing everywhere in Britain in the current economic situation. Students can always get good bargains though with their N.U.S cards that give 10% discount in a lot of clothes shops and restaurants etc!

As for the weather, it is very unpredictable. In December we had severe snowfall that caused a lot of disruption, but we are just coming out of a nice warm spell :smile:. Temperatures rarely hit 30 degrees celcius though, so it will likely feel pretty cold coming from the Caribbean!

What subject will you be studying? I am going to be doing the Graduate Diploma in Law at the stoke campus from September 2011 and I am really looking forward to it!

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Congratulations also! :cool:

I would like to continue with my legal studies.

All the best! :smile:
Reply 27
Hanley is a good night out, best places id say are underground and sugarmill!!!
Stoke has hanley park is place or a bit of football or chill but not at night stay away from it. although we do walk through it at night after a drunken night at the lrv only in a group though.
Reply 28
Original post by pep810
Hanley is a good night out, best places id say are underground and sugarmill!!!
Stoke has hanley park is place or a bit of football or chill but not at night stay away from it. although we do walk through it at night after a drunken night at the lrv only in a group though.

Thank you for your response.
Reply 29
Hi. I'm hoping to joining the Stoke-on-Trent campus starting this September and living with postgrads. Does anyone know of any free rooms? Kind regards, Penelope
Reply 30
Spare double room available on Thornton Road in a spacious, modern, furnished house with all kitchen utensils included, five minute walk away from the Leek and College road campuses - £53 a week. Message me for further information :smile:
Reply 31
Anyone know much about the sports journalism course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending