University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Essex Uni Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bathwiggle
Elloooo :biggrin:
enjoying essex?

I'll try and keep it that way. for now anyway.

Then you'll be smarter than me, can't get my head round anything other than english. Any one in particular?

I already am, don't worry about that :p: (:awesome:) /being a cock :mmm:

German/Mandarin/Japanese - one of.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by paddy__power
I already am, don't worry about that :p: (:awesome:) /being a cock :mmm:

German/Mandarin/Japanese - one of.

All useful ones then. Any preferred or useful job wise?

Never doubted it :wink:
All useful ones then. Any preferred or useful job wise?

Never doubted it :wink:

Well all three would be useful, personally all three would be useful so I don't really know.

Good :tongue:

I may get a motorcycle, I considered it when I realised how much cheaper they are.
Well all three would be useful, personally all three would be useful so I don't really know.

Good :tongue:

I may get a motorcycle, I considered it when I realised how much cheaper they are.

It's not hard be smarter than me really.

They are fun, and cheap to fix if you do them yourself. But maybe at risk of me trying to acquire it, same as everyone else with a bike i speak to :biggrin:

What you planning on job wise?
It's not hard be smarter than me really.

They are fun, and cheap to fix if you do them yourself. But maybe at risk of me trying to acquire it, same as everyone else with a bike i speak to :biggrin:

What you planning on job wise?

How much would a standard bike cost all things considered? (insurance gear etc)? Isn't the licence only a day or two.

I'm not sure really. Maybe teaching, publishing or journalism - or just a business job (this all assuming no post grad). I may go abroad to teach English somewhere for a year as well.
Elloooo :biggrin:
enjoying essex?

I'll try and keep it that way. for now anyway.

Then you'll be smarter than me, can't get my head round anything other than english. Any one in particular?

I am :biggrin:
How much would a standard bike cost all things considered? (insurance gear etc)? Isn't the licence only a day or two.

I'm not sure really. Maybe teaching, publishing or journalism - or just a business job (this all assuming no post grad). I may go abroad to teach English somewhere for a year as well.

for a 125 just to pootle around

CBT is just a day, which will get you a 125. which will cost you about £100

Gear will cost £100 for teh helmet, £70 for jacket, £40 for gloves. you can get a reasonable 125 for about £700

Insurance.. how old are you again? mines £200 fc for a 650 bike thats ten years old, but i do have 4 years no claims, and am a girl and 23.

If you want a bigger bike, probably £2000 for license, theory test, gear, bike and insurance. The full license takes a little bit longer. I gave martin most of the info to stick in here

Sorry being poked so i better go cook food and provide entertainment. I'll be back when he sods off.
for a 125 just to pootle around

CBT is just a day, which will get you a 125. which will cost you about £100

Gear will cost £100 for teh helmet, £70 for jacket, £40 for gloves. you can get a reasonable 125 for about £700

Insurance.. how old are you again? mines £200 fc for a 650 bike thats ten years old, but i do have 4 years no claims, and am a girl and 23.

If you want a bigger bike, probably £2000 for license, theory test, gear, bike and insurance. The full license takes a little bit longer. I gave martin most of the info to stick in here

Sorry being poked so i better go cook food and provide entertainment. I'll be back when he sods off.

I just want something that can take me from A to B, just around town and so on, although I would like to be able to use the motorway. I will have to take a look, the insurance sounds A LOT cheaper - what about fuel? (I'm 19)

Haha you're charming :L
Reply 88

Only 3 minutes late. God i love having a motorbike :biggrin:

That shouldn't be too bad then.

skipping thought traffic :p:

Nelson could be ok i dunno who the 2nd mark is Jodie
I just want something that can take me from A to B, just around town and so on, although I would like to be able to use the motorway. I will have to take a look, the insurance sounds A LOT cheaper - what about fuel? (I'm 19)

Haha you're charming :L

I know :biggrin:

He's used to me, i take the piss out of him being gay continuously, he's only come over so he doesn't have to cook.

You really wouldn't want a 125 on a motorway, and you'd have to do your full test. You'd be better with a 500/600cc for that. I think insurance tpft would be about £200 ish on a 600 thats a couple of years old. The guys on the bike soc will tell you get a fazer, but a bandit or sv650, gs500 are alll good. Unless you are very tall in which case talk to crazyjoyce.

fuel the sv gets about 65-70 mph, but i spend 90% of my time above 80 going down the a12 which isn't very good for the fuel. a ybr125 round town can easily get 88mph

Original post by robinson999
skipping thought traffic :p:

Nelson could be ok i dunno who the 2nd mark is Jodie

Not sure on the second marker :s-smilie:
Skipping... nah... straight line down the middle, which i know is very bad, but when late, it gets me there alive.
I know :biggrin:

He's used to me, i take the piss out of him being gay continuously, he's only come over so he doesn't have to cook.

You really wouldn't want a 125 on a motorway, and you'd have to do your full test. You'd be better with a 500/600cc for that. I think insurance tpft would be about £200 ish on a 600 thats a couple of years old. The guys on the bike soc will tell you get a fazer, but a bandit or sv650, gs500 are alll good. Unless you are very tall in which case talk to crazyjoyce.

fuel the sv gets about 65-70 mph, but i spend 90% of my time above 80 going down the a12 which isn't very good for the fuel. a ybr125 round town can easily get 88mph

Not sure on the second marker :s-smilie:
Skipping... nah... straight line down the middle, which i know is very bad, but when late, it gets me there alive.

Will have to think this over, and I'm not exceptionally tall I'm about 6 foot 2 or so.

You homophobe :colonhash:
Will have to think this over, and I'm not exceptionally tall I'm about 6 foot 2 or so.

You homophobe :colonhash:

The average bikes made for those 5ft 8-10, so you might find some too small, but not too bad. Josh is umm.. 6ft 5 i think, and rides a cbf (you could just ask him, hes fed up of me atm i think)

Chris has just agreed with you and tried to order me out of my flat. Hummphhh. You are definitely trouble :tongue:
The average bikes made for those 5ft 8-10, so you might find some too small, but not too bad. Josh is umm.. 6ft 5 i think, and rides a cbf (you could just ask him, hes fed up of me atm i think)

Chris has just agreed with you and tried to order me out of my flat. Hummphhh. You are definitely trouble :tongue:

I like this Chris guy. He has a good attitude.

:h:
I like this Chris guy. He has a good attitude.

:h:

No cake for you (or him!) he's making me watch rubbish tv too
No cake for you (or him!) he's making me watch rubbish tv too

I may order Pizza. Or a kebab.

What are you watching? I'm trying to think of a good film to watch. Something light hearted.
I may order Pizza. Or a kebab.

What are you watching? I'm trying to think of a good film to watch. Something light hearted.

American idol :frown: hence i'm on here while he's on the sofa. I have no films really. Ex took most of them and i never bothered to replace them.

I so rarely watch films nowdays.
American idol :frown: hence i'm on here while he's on the sofa. I have no films really. Ex took most of them and i never bothered to replace them.

I so rarely watch films nowdays.

I used to watch that, but I also used to sing so I guess it was inherently interesting to me :dontknow:

Mayn I'm hungry.
ESSEX = SCUM You will hate it trust me.
Original post by BITCH_IM_MC_HAMMER

Yes dear

I used to watch that, but I also used to sing so I guess it was inherently interesting to me :dontknow:

Mayn I'm hungry.

He doesn't know why hes watching it since pia went apparently. Generally i only ever use the tv to watch the simpsons. which is a waste of my sofa. I would offer you food but piggys eaten it all. What you gonna get?
Original post by BITCH_IM_MC_HAMMER

This is a chat thread, people who post here are meant to already be at the university. You would be better places posting in the applicant thread, as it is aimed at applicants. You know, people not currently here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending