The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eliw92

Original post by eliw92
Just got rejected.. Gutted but obviously wasn't meant to be :smile: Good luck with yours!

what did u apply?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Did any of you guys receive postal mail containing your offer letter?
Original post by Rishabh95

International applicant here for MMathStat. I got a course booklet and a course guide from the stat department, along with a welcome letter of sorts and a letter about the STEP. I think it may vary from department to department.

I got nothing for maths
Original post by eliw92
Just got rejected.. Gutted but obviously wasn't meant to be :smile: Good luck with yours!

same! :frown:
Reply 2405
Got an offer for Law! FINALLY!
Reply 2406

I didn't get anything for History. It made me wonder if it had gotten lost in transition at first, since I had gotten letters from 3 other universities that had offered me places, but now I think it's just not done in some departments.
Well, I didn't get from UCL but I got it from Cambridge and Southampton and I don't know if I will get a mail for warwick.
Original post by powermanchu
International applicant here for MMathStat. I got a course booklet and a course guide from the stat department, along with a welcome letter of sorts and a letter about the STEP. I think it may vary from department to department.

Nice..........

I hope I get one soon.
Nice..........

I hope I get one soon.

I don't think maths sends you anything until results if you get in
Original post by soczek322
I don't think maths sends you anything until results if you get in

True for the last two years. It's essentially some prep for the Diagnostic Tests on the Wednesday of term 1 (OMG! they NEVER tell you about those until AFTER you get in :p:) and the PYDC booklet for module choices in your first year.
Original post by TheTallOne
True for the last two years. It's essentially some prep for the Diagnostic Tests on the Wednesday of term 1 (OMG! they NEVER tell you about those until AFTER you get in :p:) and the PYDC booklet for module choices in your first year.

To be exact, the PYDC equivalent for MathStat was what I got, along with a booklet that explained the course.
Reply 2412
Original post by tijuthomas
I was fortunate enough to find that there were still places available for this via UCAS extra. I got an offer a week after applying, what were your grades like?

Have you got an acknowledgement e-mail from them after you applied extra??
I sent off 2 days ago and not sure whether they've got my application :frown:( ..
Original post by Sammisam
Have you got an acknowledgement e-mail from them after you applied extra??
I sent off 2 days ago and not sure whether they've got my application :frown:( ..

Well, I got this email:

"If you have not yet received a decision we would like to reassure you that your application is still under consideration. All applications received before the 15 January UCAS deadline are being assessed on equal terms with others where decisions have already been finalised. We understand that you are anxious to get a response, but we take great care to ensure that our decisions are fair and consistent and that means that we are not able to finalise all decisions by the end of March."

But this was sent to all applicants at the time who were awaiting a decision, wasn't just because I applied via extra.

I had to send in a separate personal statement because I applied for a different course, I just called them up a couple of days later to ask whether my new statement had been assigned to the new application, thereby allowing me to confirm that they had received my application as well.

If it says on UCAS that you have Warwick as an extra choice, then it is safe to say that they will have received your application. I would highly recommend giving them a call if you want to confirm that they have recieved your application or if you are unsure about anything.
Reply 2414
Well, I got this email:

"If you have not yet received a decision we would like to reassure you that your application is still under consideration. All applications received before the 15 January UCAS deadline are being assessed on equal terms with others where decisions have already been finalised. We understand that you are anxious to get a response, but we take great care to ensure that our decisions are fair and consistent and that means that we are not able to finalise all decisions by the end of March."

But this was sent to all applicants at the time who were awaiting a decision, wasn't just because I applied via extra.

I had to send in a separate personal statement because I applied for a different course, I just called them up a couple of days later to ask whether my new statement had been assigned to the new application, thereby allowing me to confirm that they had received my application as well.

If it says on UCAS that you have Warwick as an extra choice, then it is safe to say that they will have received your application. I would highly recommend giving them a call if you want to confirm that they have recieved your application or if you are unsure about anything.

Oh, I see, thank you!
btw.. a new personal statement? when I was checking the vacancies for extra, the lady I talked said I don't need to write a new personal statement(but I am applying for different course as well, economics to management)

I better check with them tomorrow phewww :s.. thanks anyway!
Oh, I see, thank you!
btw.. a new personal statement? when I was checking the vacancies for extra, the lady I talked said I don't need to write a new personal statement(but I am applying for different course as well, economics to management)

I better check with them tomorrow phewww :s.. thanks anyway!

I switched from Economics to Accounting & Finance :smile:
I decided it would be helpful to write a new personal statement tailored to the new subject to make my application as strong as possible. I wasn't entirely sure what my chances of getting in were, so I didn't want to let anything slip.

Good luck with your application :biggrin:
Reply 2416
Original post by giggsny
just firmed warwick N200 management :smile:
anyone?

mind me asking for your predicted grades? :smile: thanks x
Reply 2417
I switched from Economics to Accounting & Finance :smile:
I decided it would be helpful to write a new personal statement tailored to the new subject to make my application as strong as possible. I wasn't entirely sure what my chances of getting in were, so I didn't want to let anything slip.

Good luck with your application :biggrin:

I have just done my first draft todayyy thanks for advice :smile:
Do you think Management course would be less competitive than Economics at Warwick?
I am so worried and not sure whether my decision was not too risky..
(edited 13 years ago)
I have just done my first draft todayyy thanks for advice :smile:
Do you think Management course would be less competitive than Economics at Warwick?
I am so worried and not sure whether my decision was not too risky..

Economics is easily one of the most competitive courses offered by the university, and in most universities in general. Chances of getting in are very slim, so in that respect I believe Management is less competitive. Then again, you are applying via Extra and very little information is given about how many places they have remaining, and they don't have a lot of places for management in the first place.

I suppose if you believed you were good enough to apply for Economics originally, you must be a pretty strong candidate so I think you'll have a strong at getting into the course.
Original post by sammydolce
Username/name: Sammy
Subject applied for: Italian & International Studies
Offer: 34 IB points, 6 in Spanish, 4 in SL Chem
Date UCAS submitted: 8th November
Firm/Insurance/Declined: Firm or Insurance, stuck between Warwick and UCL :/

I know someone who does this at Warwick. She loves it:smile: Do you get a year abroad at UCL?

Quick Reply

Latest