The Student Room Group

Are there hot girls in Banking?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Bankers caused the economic crisis... LOL. Just bankers? Not people getting an house that they would not afford or Politicians lowering the interests rate? Not the FSA or the SEC that did not control what they have to control? Just bankers...
Original post by cruel3a
Bankers caused the economic crisis... LOL. Just bankers? Not people getting an house that they would not afford or Politicians lowering the interests rate? Not the FSA or the SEC that did not control what they have to control? Just bankers...

Or the rating agencies that rating collatorized debt obligations AAA ratings......that they knew were going to default down the line......this is where the buck lies, the banks were just doing what they are there for - to make money - they acting within their own rights.
Reply 42
Banks and Bankers caused part of the crisis... but they were not the only player.
Reply 43
yess, my uncles are both investment bankers and i often have work experience, but there quite sophisticated, which for some can be a put off, and also serious...
But they're attractive
Original post by the don
yess, my uncles are both investment bankers and i often have work experience, but there quite sophisticated, which for some can be a put off, and also serious...
But they're attractive

Do you know the name of the investment banks?
Reply 45
Original post by CityTrader
Do you know the name of the investment banks?

Yes, one working in credit suisse in new york, i went to do some filing in summer 2009.
The other one works in europa or some shizz, i don't really know, but he was made redundant from jp morgan.
Pruvate info shared. Happy?
Original post by the don
Yes, one working in credit suisse in new york, i went to do some filing in summer 2009.
The other one works in europa or some shizz, i don't really know, but he was made redundant from jp morgan.
Pruvate info shared. Happy?

Wow! top companies! is it an industry you would like to work for when you are older?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 47
Wow! top companies! is it an industry you would like to work for when you are older?

well no ones ever heard of europa so... not really
But yeah, im gonna do Maths, Further maths, Chemistry, Biology and classics in sixth form. So i kinda have the right subjects. Hedge funds looks good too, im undecided
U?
Original post by the don
well no ones ever heard of europa so... not really
But yeah, im gonna do Maths, Further maths, Chemistry, Biology and classics in sixth form. So i kinda have the right subjects. Hedge funds looks good too, im undecided
U?

Well Credit suisse, is a top tier 1!

Yep I definently would like to go into Investment banking, Im doing Economics, Geog, History, Bio and Maths...... and want to do eco at uni.
Reply 49
Well Credit suisse, is a top tier 1!

Yep I definently would like to go into Investment banking, Im doing Economics, Geog, History, Bio and Maths...... and want to do eco at uni.

huh i thought you had a full-time internship at ubs
Original post by ubsintern
huh i thought you had a full-time internship at ubs

lol no im just doing work experience over the summer at UBS.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by cruel3a

u mad
Original post by tehforum
u mad

hahaha this is mad i agree! politicians lowering interest rates was a measure taken globally, AFTER the economics crisis - they did it to disincentive saving and get people spending!(basic economics) and was also used to make imports more expensive therefore making the consumer turn to Nationally produced products and also getting more money from our exports. this improves the balance of trade on current account and also theoretically should improve GDP growth, however it was not very successful lowering the interest rates did not get people spending - due to consumer confidence being so low and with unemployment soaring people were left with very little disposable income.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by crazyunicorn133
I worked in banking for Lloyds Banking Group for just over 2 years?
It seemed to be more women than men in my department actually.

This is Banking

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/324/1/9/models_and_bottles_party_by_u1sart-d3387s5.jpg

This IS NOT Banking

http://www.cardsmart.co.uk/images/frontend/article_images/18940188.jpg
Reply 54
hahaha this is mad i agree! politicians lowering interest rates was a measure taken globally, AFTER the economics crisis - they did it to disincentive saving and get people spending!(basic economics) and was also used to make imports more expensive therefore making the consumer turn to Nationally produced products and also getting more money from our exports. this improves the balance of trade on current account and also theoretically should improve GDP growth, however it was not very successful lowering the interest rates did not get people spending - due to consumer confidence being so low and with unemployment soaring people were left with very little disposable income.

All correct, except for the MPC decide interest rates; not politicians.
Reply 55
well there are plenty of hot girls in a strip club. have you considered that?
I have only ever met one female investment banker, but she was ridiculously hot.

medicine has the most babes though.
Reply 57
Depends how you define hot. If you're looking for Victoria's Secret Angels, go work for Victoria's Secret.

I've seen hot girls on the trading floor. They were mostly European and all worked in Cash Equities Sales.
Reply 58
Original post by Itutu
more wishful thinking:

what are "CWDs": "chicks with dicks", not charge with delivery or something like that? i suppose the former is not heteronormative, but would be less offensive right?

I worked in banking before and I find it a totally overrated BS business with equally BS people.

The women are either :

CWDs: Career woman dykes, man haters who don't have the guts to tell their fathers straight in the face what they think cause let's face it that is what most man hater are all about.

corporate sluts: ie) Not quite smart enough to make it and so takes advantage of the boss's unattainable blowjob fantasies.

And of course wannabes of both varieties.

Yuk not my type at all.
Reply 59
Original post by parmdeep18375
Are there many hot girls in investment banking?

What is the ratio of girls to boys?

Are the front office bankers able to use their more senior credentials to get all of the girls who work in BO/MOffice easily?

Many thanks for any serious replies.

There is a very good reason why BANKING rhymes with W***ING

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending