The Student Room Group

If you're an average looking girl...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Some random guy
And photoshop.

lol, yh :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
...can men ever truly love you?

Do men just use average looking women because hot women are out of their league?

(I'm not referring to very ugly girls but those who are just plain in both body and face.)

If a man was with an average woman and had declared himself in love with her would he still always leave her for a beautiful woman?

Men rarely love
Reply 42
don't judge a book by its cover, if its true love then nothing will separate you!
Reply 43
Original post by No Future
Men rarely love

What makes you say that?

Though I don't think you're wrong.
Reply 44
I have a theory that any girl with an average looking face can become really stunning and get lots of attention if only they have long blond curly hair.. Which can be easily created. You could give it a try if you like.
And yes, I find that I'm not especially attracted to guys that are super hot, there are enough of those but the gorgeous eyes get boring.. It's way more attractive if he has an interesting personality and can make you laugh, so I guess it works he other way round as well.
I think it depends on the person looking at the average looking girl, if he's average then she'll seem amazing and the idea of averageness will seem silly. However a teacher once wisely told me that if a person is an '8' then she will go with an '8' person and if a person is a '4' then they will go with someone who is a '4'. Sad, but realistic truth :P

Though I did read in a magazine that if a really good looking woman goes with a really good looking man then they are less likely to break up, unlike if a really good looking woman goes with a less good looking man are more likely to break up. Still depends on the people lol....
Reply 46
I would always pick an attractive girl over a just average girl if they both had nice personalities, yes. If I was "in love" with an average girl and an attractive girl propositioned me, I can't imagine saying yes.

Average is about the best I'll get anyway so not to worry lolz
I consider myself average, and I have an extremely attractive girlfriend, to be honest I think that making a generalising statement that average girls get average guys/girls is untrue, it's dependent on the people involved isn't it?
Original post by connor ellis
looks draw people in but personality holds them.

Yeah what you said
Reply 49
Depends how shallow you are. It's not always about looks & what is 'average' anyway? Everyone's type is different and one girl may be average to some and beautiful to someone else. =/
Reply 50
Original post by darkxangel
Average girls can look stunning with make-up:

Besides there are average guys out there...

Oh come on you can take a bad photo of most people if you try hard enough.

I agree with Britney and JLo being average, but Kylie is a good looking woman...
Looks fade, then what? Move on to someone younger? It can only go on for so long, and that normally only happens to rich folk anyway. There is more to a partner than looks.
Reply 52
Original post by xDave-
I would always pick an attractive girl over a just average girl if they both had nice personalities, yes. If I was "in love" with an average girl and an attractive girl propositioned me, I can't imagine saying yes.

Average is about the best I'll get anyway so not to worry lolz

i really laughed at your sig, rep for you!
Original post by nnnomi
Oh come on you can take a bad photo of most people if you try hard enough.

I agree with Britney and JLo being average, but Kylie is a good looking woman...

i would say she is a 7/10, I know that these pics are horrendously bad, but you have to agree that you see prettier girls in real life-at least i do :dontknow:.

edit:

just my opinion though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
Looks fade, then what? Move on to someone younger? It can only go on for so long, and that normally only happens to rich folk anyway. There is more to a partner than looks.

Isn't that why we work so hard to get rich :tongue: some will even get a 17 year old girl when they're 40 something Hurr Silvio Berlusconi :wink:
err well...

the thing is,some people find a girl who is considered 'ugly' by other people 'beautiful'?

it's the same all around.everyone has different tastes and opinions.
In all fairness, I would always go with personality over looks, as long as she wasn't horribly ugly.
Reply 57
Original post by StephenP91
In all honesty most of the girls I meet are pretty beautiful. Average or not, girls always seem to look good. So whether they are average (to me) is irrelevant.

Nawwwww, Aint you a gentleman... :biggrin:
Reply 58
Can you define average?
Don't people have different tastes and therefore have different criteria for an 'average' looking someone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending