The Student Room Group

Didnt know where to put this, need answers quickly.

Hey guys
I was arrested when I was 17. Had the smallst amount of cannabis on me, taken to the station, detained, dna taken, invterviewed. Because of my age I believe I got a reprimand (is this true? being 17, i dont think I would of received a caution?!) and that was that.
Now I dont know how long a reprimand lasts for, but is it a criminal record and will it affect me travelling to South Africa?
Also- I am right in thinking its not a caution as it was my first offence, I was under the age of 18?
Where did you hide the weed? Next time, just give it to me.
Reply 2
haha, the oicers who arrested me were stoners. I was a tad suspicious!
Reply 3
why would you want to travel to south africa??
Reply 4
Cos it's our first family holiday in 3 years! Can't turn it down!
Reply 5
Even if you had gang rape and murder on your record I don't think South Africa would be too bothered...
Reply 6
It won't stop you travelling to any country...

Unless ofc, you brutally murdered the arresting officer :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by emilyystar
Cos it's our first family holiday in 3 years! Can't turn it down!

don't go. don't let your family go either.

do proper research into the crime rates there. its the most violent nation on earth.
Reply 8
Original post by thisisnew
Even if you had gang rape and murder on your record I don't think South Africa would be too bothered...

thats because gang rape is the national sport..........
Reply 9
All opinions on south Africa aside, thanks to those who have been helpful. So I presume a reprimand won't come up at passport control and I won't get booted out of the country?
Reply 10
All opinions on south Africa aside, thanks to those who have been helpful. So I presume a reprimand won't come up at passport control and I won't get booted out of the country?

Do you have to apply for a visa to go there?
If yes could be problem if no go get raped
Reply 11

Well I was told that it would be wiped off when you are 18 by the police. Apparently it is like a final, final warning and I have been stopped and searched since and nothing has shown up when they check my name so Im guessing that you will be okay.

Original post by humanrights
don't go. don't let your family go either.

do proper research into the crime rates there. its the most violent nation on earth.

you are such a ****ing noob.
Hey guys
I was arrested when I was 17. Had the smallst amount of cannabis on me, taken to the station, detained, dna taken, invterviewed. Because of my age I believe I got a reprimand (is this true? being 17, i dont think I would of received a caution?!) and that was that.
Now I dont know how long a reprimand lasts for, but is it a criminal record and will it affect me travelling to South Africa?
Also- I am right in thinking its not a caution as it was my first offence, I was under the age of 18?

It will be on your record for 4 years. After that it kinda goes invisible off your public record, so when you get pulled over by the police check your details it wont show up...etc But that doesnt mean the police completely delete it from their records, it will always be there so if you want to join the police or have a full CRB it will show up.

I dont think it will effect you much travelling to SA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending