The Student Room Group

Oxford Brookes or Bangor as my insurance?

This poll is closed

Oxford Brookes or Bangor

Oxford Brookes 25%
Bangor 75%
Both the same0%
Total votes: 8
For where they are located, course, research, EVERYTHING.
Reply 1
Bangor is rated top 10 (7th I think...) for research quality.... it may not have that high entrance requirements but i'm pretty sure it will be a high quality course with lecturers who know they're stuff.

also, it's by the beach.

I live in oxford and my mum went to oxford brooks... they have so many campuses, none of them in central oxford and one in a tiny town miles from oxford.
Reply 2
Original post by yaymeg
Bangor is rated top 10 (7th I think...) for research quality.... it may not have that high entrance requirements but i'm pretty sure it will be a high quality course with lecturers who know they're stuff.

also, it's by the beach.

I live in oxford and my mum went to oxford brooks... they have so many campuses, none of them in central oxford and one in a tiny town miles from oxford.

You do all the same subjects as me except I do Philosophy and Ethics instead of Math :biggrin: Is Oxford where you want to be?
Reply 3
I just saw Bangor has over 1,000 psychology students, isn't that kinda bad?
Reply 4
Original post by RobertWhite
You do all the same subjects as me except I do Philosophy and Ethics instead of Math :biggrin: Is Oxford where you want to be?

Personally, I wouldn't go to oxford brookes.... but I guess you've been to the open days the stuff and would know if the awkward campus arrangement would work for you... CHECK WHICH CAMPUS PSYCHOLOGY IS ON.... if it is on the wheatly campus... no... its a tiny town miles from oxford, if it is on the main campus then that would probably work, It;s a bus ride into the city but I always see 'brookes' buses around and take it its pretty regular and they go between the city centre and all the campuses..... just don't go to the wheatly campus.... Oxford is lovely city though, which for its size has all the things a good city should have and the Oxford University Parks are lovely in the summer....
But the person above raised a good point about bangor, there are about 260 in a year, just depends how you feel about large year groups I guess. I've never been to bangor, but I've heard their course is good..... and it is by the beach.......

but you have pretty awesome predicted grades.... what are your other offers?
Reply 5
Original post by yaymeg
Personally, I wouldn't go to oxford brookes.... but I guess you've been to the open days the stuff and would know if the awkward campus arrangement would work for you... CHECK WHICH CAMPUS PSYCHOLOGY IS ON.... if it is on the wheatly campus... no... its a tiny town miles from oxford, if it is on the main campus then that would probably work, It;s a bus ride into the city but I always see 'brookes' buses around and take it its pretty regular and they go between the city centre and all the campuses..... just don't go to the wheatly campus.... Oxford is lovely city though, which for its size has all the things a good city should have and the Oxford University Parks are lovely in the summer....
But the person above raised a good point about bangor, there are about 260 in a year, just depends how you feel about large year groups I guess. I've never been to bangor, but I've heard their course is good..... and it is by the beach.......

but you have pretty awesome predicted grades.... what are your other offers?

My firm is SOTON. My predicted grades used to be AAB but then I just went and scored 100% in every exam in Jan lol
Reply 6
:bump:
Original post by RobertWhite
For where they are located, course, research, EVERYTHING.

I go to Oxford Brookes and I personally love it. Psychology is on main Gipsy Lane Campus, so you won't be out at Wheatley. Main campus is 20 minutes walk from the city centre so there's no worry about being out in the sticks.
Reply 8
Original post by The Harlequinn Mask
I go to Oxford Brookes and I personally love it. Psychology is on main Gipsy Lane Campus, so you won't be out at Wheatley. Main campus is 20 minutes walk from the city centre so there's no worry about being out in the sticks.

Hmm.... this is a hard choice!
Reply 9
:bump:
Reply 10
Bangor.
Brookes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending