The Student Room Group

A big problem.

Anon, Anon, Anon please.

Basically, I was sexually assaulted a while ago when I was a kid, but recently I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I've spent days crying about it and not wanting to eat, and it's difficult to type about it without wanting to cry. Emotionally, it's left me a complete mess and I'm scared it'll affect all my future relationships as I'm so distrustful.

I guess I'm just unsure as to how to deal with it.
Around three people know now and it feels better getting it off my chest it still doesn't change anything. I used to have a really high sex drive but in recent times it's died. I can't relax when I get intimate with someone. I'm going away with someone in a couple of months for a few days, and I'll probably end up having sex with them. Although I'll only be doing it to stave off lonliness I guess. ( I do like them but they live quite far away)

I was just looking for some advice really. :o:
Original post by Anonymous
I'll probably end up having sex with them.

Them?

Can I come along?
Reply 2
Original post by Bektas
Them?

Can I come along?

Him

It's late, my apologies.
Original post by Anonymous
Him

It's late, my apologies.

Regarding your situation, I'd suggest talking to someone you really trust, there must be someone. Get it all out, and it will comfort you.
Buy a dildo and abuse it.
Reply 5
Original post by Bektas
Regarding your situation, I'd suggest talking to someone you really trust, there must be someone. Get it all out, and it will comfort you.

Well I've spoken to a friend and they said that it's so close to exams that it's best not to dwell on it. I know they're right. I can't afford to mess this year up, but I feel terrible. Yet I know I can't afford to fall apart right now.
Sit down and talk with someone who can really help you about it. WIth a lot of tragic events like these, people tend to bottle them up and are "ok" for a few years until the feelings come back and they can't handle it.

Of course there are things you could do short term to help ease the pain but you have to get rid of it or it will always be there, constantly coming back after you think you are rid of it.

See if you can get some help... keep yourself occupied and try to remember that it's the past... the past doesn't necessarily have to affect your future. :smile:
Reply 7
Speaking as a fellow victim of abuse, I would suggest talking to a professional psychologist or even psychiatrist. There are a lot of underlying issues that go along with abuse, and it's hard to even recognize them until you discuss it openly with someone who can recognize what's going on. I would also tell you not to share this with anyone you are involved with romantically until you know for certain that there is a high level of maturity within the relationship, many people just don't know how to handle getting this kind of news.
Right now you're under a lot of stress with exams, if you feel like self harming, or just need to talk to someone anonymously about your ****, PM me.
i agree that seeking professional help. Go to your doctor and/or student counsellor and start the ball rolling with talking. They can refer you to someone who can help you better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending