The Student Room Group

What to do when your life is ****?

Anon or delete please, can't be dealing with anyone I know finding out about this in r/l.

I've literally had the worst time out tonight, was out with a few mates and most of the night was just focussed on my sexuality which makes me pretty uncomfortable.

I'm bisexual but I'm not out, it's not a matter of that I really care that much, I just don't see ow it's relevant for anyone to know that I'm bi. So basically half the night was people debating whether I was gay or straight or making me answer truths from truth or dare relating to it.

Seriously not impressed by it all so ended up leaving.

The worst thing about the night though is that my mate (who I assume is straight (though I have a bit of a crush on him)) telt me that he was moving in with his other mates. Me and him were planning on getting a flat together but since he was going home for summer it wouldn't work out....then I figured a way out it could...but he'd already made plans with his friends from uni.

I'm just like...gutted. Seriously. Rather than sharing a two bedroom really nice flat for like £250/month it means I'll have to get a one bedroom half decent flat for about £350/month which is seriously depressing.

There's not even a reason for me to stay in this city since I'm not at uni or anything other than work.

I just sorta feel like my life is as low as it could possibly go atm. /rant

tl;dr?

Everyone speculates I'm gay, I'm not but I don't see how it's relevant for them to know my sexuality so I'm p****ed at them for finding it so important. And the guy who I adore is getting a flat with other people rather than me so I'm pretty much f****d for the next year.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I reckon you should come out with your sexuality, if not then the constant nagging is going to make you feel even more depressed.

And if they don't like you for your sexuality, they're arrogant pricks who you shouldn't even consider being friends with.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
If you don't see it as that big of an issue, than why don't you just tell them that you're bisexual to end the speculation? Once it's out in the open then their would be nothing to discuss and you wouldn't have to feel uncomfortable every time it's brought up again.

As for the flat situation, well it sucks but maybe it's for the best? Living with someone you have a crush on but no feelings in return would just be soul crushing and it would just be awkward if you ever told him or tried to make a move on him. Is there absolutely no one else you can move in with?
Reply 3
At least your not broke and have to pay 800 quid for summer rent no id no money FML plus going us NO MONEYYYY
My life is **** too. :smile:

I just get on with it. Onwards and upwards etc..
Study German. Seriously, you won't have the mental energy to focus on anything else :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by j.laurence
I reckon you should come out with your sexuality, if not then the constant nagging is going to make you feel even more depressed.

And if they don't like you for your sexuality, they're arrogant pricks who you shouldn't even consider being friends with.

Original post by Phobia27
If you don't see it as that big of an issue, than why don't you just tell them that you're bisexual to end the speculation? Once it's out in the open then their would be nothing to discuss and you wouldn't have to feel uncomfortable every time it's brought up again.

As for the flat situation, well it sucks but maybe it's for the best? Living with someone you have a crush on but no feelings in return would just be soul crushing and it would just be awkward if you ever told him or tried to make a move on him. Is there absolutely no one else you can move in with?
As for the sexuality thing, it's just a matter of I don't want to go from "Oh I've got this mate called Alex, he's quality!" to "Oh I've got a gay / bi friends called James!" which always seems to happen. And to be honest, I sorta keep my private life to myself hence why I don't see how it's relevant .. like if someone had a crush on me then fair do's, but to put it out into the public domain, I don't see why it's necessary. It just bothers me that they seem to speculate about it a lot. The only person I'd be truly happy telling is the guy I sorta like, not because I like him and want to get with him, but he's sound. He's the only person I've ever met that I feel I can actually trust.

I know the flat situation sounds a bit silly since I kinda fancy him, but I'd never try anything on with him or suggest anything. I'm perfectly content with out current friendship, I just kinda dmire him from afar :tongue:

It just sorta sucks...since he was my last hope. There seriously ain't anyone else I can / would want to live with.
Reply 7
Go to the local church so they can cure you of your homosexual urges; it is a serious mental disease and must be treated as such
My life is **** too.
I just try and distract myself if I can, but if not I can't really do anything but to just deal with it and wait till I go to work so I won't be here at home feeling crappy.
Reply 9
Usually watch this when I'm on a downer :cute:

Reply 10
Original post by kristinaalovesu
My life is **** too.
I just try and distract myself if I can, but if not I can't really do anything but to just deal with it and wait till I go to work so I won't be here at home feeling crappy.

Yeah, distracting myself normally works...just the flat situation is sorta stressing me out. Just rent + tax + bills is basically gonna be my whole income :/

Original post by thisisnew

I could marry you :biggrin: Especially since that's from Parry Gripp too
Original post by Anonymous

Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, distracting myself normally works...just the flat situation is sorta stressing me out. Just rent + tax + bills is basically gonna be my whole income :/

Maybe you should look for a roomy as earlier as possible?
YOu know I hate it too when people change their mind when everything is all planned and stuff.
Yes it sucks, but we all have our moments where we feel that our life is complete **** and we don't want to be a part of it anymore. I know how you feel, not literally, but I can see where you're coming from with this.

What I would do in this situation is sit down and evaluate how important those people are in your life. It seems like you're friends with or hanging out with a group of people who don't accept you for who you are, and they're going to make fun of you because they don't accept the way you think or feel about certain things.

I personally wouldn't be friends with people who would say or do things like that to me and would just stop being friends with them. It's up to you of course but maybe it might be time to make new friends?

Hope it works out for you though.
It's possible he doesn't want to live with a homosexual.
Reply 14
Original post by Reml
Go to the local church so they can cure you of your homosexual urges; it is a serious mental disease and must be treated as such

You ****ing dickhead.
Original post by Reml

You ARE trolling, right?
Reply 16
Stop whining. You have no clue how bad life can get and you think you're suffering? You could be homeless, witnessed your family/friends butchered in front of you, crippled/maimed, starving, humiliated everyday and much more.

Be thankful your life is still in one piece and your lifestyle can still be improved by yourself.
Reply 17
Post a status on Facebook.

I joke, but from the amount of 'Will everyone just f*** off and die then!' and 'I guess nobody will mind if I just throw myself off this bridge now. Kthxbi' status updates on my newsfeed, it seems to be what everyone else is doing.
Reply 18
Original post by thisisnew

I wish I hadn't been so generous with reps today :frown:

OP, your life could have been a lot worse so try to cheer yourself up with something?
My life is so crap right now, but what can I do, eh?
Reply 19
Original post by UnashamedLiberal
You ARE trolling, right?

No, i just have strong, Christian moral convictions; it is a serious problem and he needs to have it rectified immediately if he wants to be happy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending