The Student Room Group

Woodhouse college!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Coleshill
25? Do you mean 250? I could understand 25 in a small school...

It was a "underpriviledged" school. One where expelled students and immigrants were put, so not very good. There were about 250 students in the school overall.
Reply 161
My letter just arrived. Waiting-listed. ):
Yup, got my letter; waiting list :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Ah, sorry to hear that everyone :frown:
Reply 164
How many places are available?

We usually take about 550 students from schools across North London. However, not all the students who are offered a place will actually come: some fail to get the grades, others choose to stay at their own school sixth form. So we offer more places than we actually have - usually about a third more.

This is what it says on the website. Which means that even if you have a place you might not get in. The waiting list seems more and more dismal as time passes. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 165
This is crazy, how can they put so much on the waiting list?:confused:
Original post by Jacke02
wtf, i thought this was like a uni thread. What's so good about woodhouse that everyone wants to go?

That's exactly what I was thinking too :confused:
Cousin's got put on the waiting list as well lool
Basically all the top students are given offers, but a lot of them reject their offers purely because they get offers from somewhere better. So that's why the waiting list is so huge and practically everyone gets put on it.
Reply 169
Original post by Wick3d
Basically all the top students are given offers, but a lot of them reject their offers purely because they get offers from somewhere better. So that's why the waiting list is so huge and practically everyone gets put on it.

Wat do they consider a top students some1 who gets all A's n A*'s is it not ive got that n ive sat my sciences n maths in yr10 n got good grdes if a's is not good enough then wat is ????????
Original post by Wick3d

I disagree. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I'm predicted straight A*s, I live 15 minutes away and my interview went well, granted I haven't got a huge amount of extra curriculars, but I have some and I got waiting listed :/

I'm disappointed but hopefully I'll get a place later.

Do you know on what basis the offers are given?
Reply 171
Original post by nerdfighter28
I disagree. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I'm predicted straight A*s, I live 15 minutes away and my interview went well, granted I haven't got a huge amount of extra curriculars, but I have some and I got waiting listed :/

Thats exactly how i feel jus exxasperated n dumbfounded if gettin a*s wont get u in then wat will im jus confused on how they measure students maybe they do jus do it randomly n yh my interview went REALLY well the women even said she liked me n. I seemed like a great student but stiil waitlisted aaaaaargh
Reply 172

Hi, i don't understand either, but she also told me that they consider the harshness on predicted grades, e.g. a person at bishop douglass is predicted 7 or 8 A*s, then they would do checks and contact the school incase the person filled it out themselves.

I think its just academics and extra curricular. I was predicted 6a*,2A and 2B, i got an offer, However i also play county tennis, represent y school in many sports and participate in many societies, which i guess really does count.

Hope this helped
Original post by IsraIsman
Thats exactly how i feel jus exxasperated n dumbfounded if gettin a*s wont get u in then wat will im jus confused on how they measure students maybe they do jus do it randomly n yh my interview went REALLY well the women even said she liked me n. I seemed like a great student but stiil waitlisted aaaaaargh

Yeah, I now, I am quite frustrated, luckily it wasn't my first choice but it is my back up :/

What are your predicted grades? And is Woodhouse your first choice?
Original post by the don
Hi, i don't understand either, but she also told me that they consider the harshness on predicted grades, e.g. a person at bishop douglass is predicted 7 or 8 A*s, then they would do checks and contact the school incase the person filled it out themselves.

I think its just academics and extra curricular. I was predicted 6a*,2A and 2B, i got an offer, However i also play county tennis, represent y school in many sports and participate in many societies, which i guess really does count.

Hope this helped

Yup, thank you, it did. +rep :smile:

E: When TSR allows me to :colondollar:
Reply 175
Yup, thank you, it did. +rep :smile:

E: When TSR allows me to :colondollar:

What other offers do you have?, Woodhouse is overrated, its supposed to be my back up because i havent got the reply bk from my first choice...

if you want to go there, then co in with your 9 a stars at the end of august and then youd defo gett an offer

:smile:
Original post by IsraIsman
[on :smile: What subjects did you choose?

Oooh looks lyk everybody got it well i suppose dats der loss:smile::smile:I tell myself dat to make myself feel betta about it looool.
I chose chem,physics,maths n philosphy do you know hw lng the waiting list tkes is thre any point in replyin??????:confused::smile:
LOL! Ahaha! That's what I keep telling myself too, but really I know I want to go there really badly! :frown: I chose Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology-quite similar to you :smile: I'm going to reply as well, just in case...even though I doubt it.

Original post by ocean
Im gonna reply, I feel I have no hope, but I'm still hoping, I just think its unfair how they chose their applicants. My friends with lower grades and no extra activities got in :frown:

It seems there a lot of people on the wating list, I wonder how long it is:confused:

Me too...I think it's so unfair how they keep giving us hope and then they turn it down! A girl in my area chose the same subjects as me, and has lower predicted grades than me, yet she got in but I didn't. It doesn't make sense! Maybe I'm just being bitter :tongue:
Original post by Coleshill
Hi, I've just literally signed up on this board 5 minutes ago because I need somebody to talk to about this. I'm tearing my hair out!

My predicted results are As and Bs and my interviewer was a woman and I think she dealt with something in student support. Anyway, her name began with J and she had an office in the library. She said that my interview had gone really well and was nice. I suspect that it did actually go quite well too.

WAITING LIST. :frown:

I've applied for Politics, Philosophy, Economics and Physics (aswell as the two other sciences if I can't do that).

She told me that 4000 people applied and 3000 got through into the interviews... They accept 500.

I REALLY need to get into this college. It's the best one and all of the others I've seen have so few places on offer and want 6 As like Latymer.

I guess that most of those who were interviewed are on the list although I probably wouldn't be talking about it if I got rejected. So how big is the list? I feel that I'm going to go mad. :confused:

Hey, don't worry. You're not alone :smile: Most of us waiting listers feel the same way...it's so unfair! My predicted grades are mainly A*'s and A's, but I got put on the waiting list. *Sigh*...maybe we still have some hope? Hopefully people reject their places, and we get a place :smile:
Yup, got my letter; waiting list :/

OMG! Are they being serious?! They put you on the waiting list?! How does that make sense with the grades you have? :confused: I think they're letting monkeys decide who gets an offer and who doesn't :rolleyes: I mean, a girl who chose all science subjects and has way lower grades than you got in...ugh it just doesn't make sense! I know you'll get in later; they'd be stupid to not offer you a place :smile:
Let's keep hoping that lot's of people with the same subject choices as us reject their offers, and give Woodhouse a taste of their own medicine. Was Woodhouse your first choice? :smile:
Guys, I think I know what we have to do now...:colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 179
Original post by DylanLJG
Hey, I go Woodhouse now and I'm in my first year studying Maths, Economics, Geography and English Literature.

I received a direct offer with GCSE predictions of 9A*s and 1A (Which I got)

However Woodhouse is strange, anything can happen.

A friend of mine had the same predictions as me, got an interview instead, was put on the waiting list and never got in.

On the other hand another friend of mine with predictions of 5As and 4Bs got in from being on the waiting list. (He received his acceptance in the last week of term probably because of a dropout, for all you hopefuls)

Guess they want an "all rounded person", confident, intelligent and sporty.

And Woodhouse is not all that, there is still a great amount of dopey people there.

Good Luck to everyone who's applied.

Hey, do a lot of people get in through waiting list offers or hardly any?

Quick Reply