The Student Room Group

How did your parents find out about you losing your virginity?

Scroll to see replies

the way she found out for sure was when she discovered i'd been to the sexual health clinic ARGH
embarrassing because of her finding out.. added embarrassment of knowing i had sti suspicions...
I had my mom's mother's day card in my pocket so I told her that I had something in my pocket for her and instead of pulling out the card I pulled out a used condom wrapper.Awkward.
Reply 142
Well my mum doesn't know about my first one but she thought she knew when I first lost it....
I was chatting to my ex boyfriend's friend on msn and it saved the chat log etc on the computer! And my mother happened to click on the chat log and found out that way...
I went to a party and came back with blood on my t-shirt, my mum asked if I had got into a fight, I said no, she asked why I had blood on my top, and my brothers girlfriend decided to offer it out that maybe I had lost my virginity and bled. At this point I was so embaressed I just admitted it! Horrible times.
Original post by lemonandlime2011
Probably when my girlfriend got pregnant...

Really? :tongue:
Original post by x_Melissa_x
Really? :tongue:

Yeah, Oliver was born on 26/11/10. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me! :biggrin:
apparently I'm too loud...
Reply 147
When I was 15, my mum caught me and my now ex boyfriend having sex on the living room couch. She was supposed to be shopping..urgh. It was extremely cringe worthy. I just didnt bother telling her that I had lost my virginity a year before that.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
My mum found the condoms and kept quiet for 6 months.. then dad found out when i casually threw the wrapper in my boyfriend's jeans, he put them on, and the wrapper fell through when he walked into the kitchen. We didnt even notice, he picked it up, put it in the bin and told mum who warned us we would probably die. Boyfriend was ****ting himself- so he should be, and in the car on the way back mum told me to look sad as if she'd given me a right telling off...

Don't have sex. Because you will get pregnant. AND DIE.
Well technically they didn't. I had a boyfriend for over a year so I assume that they assume that we slept together. :dontknow:
We never talked about it.
Original post by Martik
The way my parents found out was probably the most embarrassing of all..
I didn't come home after 12 one night (I was young and had to be in by a certain time haha)
Mum rang me and I answered by leaning on my phone.. and it was left on...
Her and my younger sibling heard EVERYTHING
I came back the next morn.. with my mother asking if I wore protection....Just wonderful.

LOLOLOLOL hello Martik. Small world. :colondollar:
I straight up told my mother that I was sexually active.
Reply 152
My brother kicked the crap out of the lad as he was way older and was his mate. Because of this my other brother decided to tell my mum before he made an appropriate exit and left for a fortnight to stay at my nans. Good job he did otherwise I would of killed him, I was so embarrassed lol.
I trust my mom, and I had to tell her because there was a problem I needed help with. My dad listened in on our conversation, and after burning a bunch of things on a fire to vent his anger, he came round and said they don't even mind if we carry on doing it in the house. I think they'd already guessed, the condom wrappers in the bin and the box in the drawer.
Reply 155
I've never told them directly but pretty sure my mom knows because she has a tendency of finding things I hide, like condoms or birth control, in my room.

I'm not that bothered if she knows but there's no way in hell I'm going to give any details though. My sister already gave me a horrid sex talk by telling me she's had chlamydia before and basically told me she'll cut my head open if I get pregnant at a young age.
Reply 156
After the first time (that my mum knew of) I'd stayed over at this guy's place, she sort of put two and two together. Then she timidly asked if he was my first and I said no. Awkward. Hasn't been brought up since. :smile: Dunno about my dad, I don't think he really wants to know.
Original post by leanne-h87
When I was 14 I started hanging out more with my friends at this guys house, we started going out, it was nothing just kissing and hugging sort of thing that only lasted 2 months because I was socially awkward, but my mum assumed I was sleeping with him anyway, and just kept going on and on and on about it. She went around saying "my daughter is a slag and out of control" to people. I hated her and never told her anything personal ever again, and it pretty much ruined my trust in her, she never believed me that I never did, and I remained a virgin till I was 21. I didn't even tell when I got pregnant either, she found out on facebook. Do I care? No.

:console:
Mum found my pregnancy test in the cupboard.
Told them and they were fine with it.

My sister also told them and my Dad wasn't ok with it for a few days (despite her being a fair bit older than most people) but about a week later they were back to being practically best friends.

Me, my brother and my sister don't have sex when our parents are in the house tbh. I just think it's a bit weird to actually expose your parents to the sound of it .....

I find it really amusing how some people are saying things like "they don't want to know" or "some things parents shouldn't know". What is the other option ? These days most parents will assume you're doing it if you've had a bf/gf for a while. So people would prefer their parents to just assume that they are having it but never really be sure about it or have them just hear it :s-smilie: ? It's a significant part of growing up. I don't give my parents a debrief every time I have sex but nothing wrong with them knowing when I started.

What is with everyone finding condoms/wrappers ? It's not that hard to hide them away. I think that's where I differ from most people. I don't think your parents should be exposed to you having sex every time (not like finding some time for yourself is hard in most houses after the age of 16) but I think they should know when you've started having sex. Would I ever have sex when my parents could hear though ? No.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending