The Student Room Group

Bloodshot & red veiny eyes, any advice appreciated please!

For the past few months I have had really bloodshot veiny eyes, also they have been burning and can be very painful at times.

I was previously on medication for acne last year which is known to cause dry eye as a side effect, but am no longer taking it.

It's the same veins that are present ... this worries me as I really don't want it to turn into something permanent. Veins in eyes can clear up, right?

I've already seen my GP who has referred me to an eye doctor, but this is going to take 3 months so until my referral comes through I was hoping I could get some advice.

I've been using various dry eye drops but they don't seem to be doing much at all.
Reply 1
stop jizzing in your eye
anyone else..?
Reply 3
stop smoking so much grade
Reply 4
prevent people from farting in your eye at night
Sleep.
Reply 6
Use eyewash / sterilised boiled water (not boiling water)
Original post by Sim188
Use eyewash / sterilised boiled water (not boiling water)

LOL you've assumed very little intelligence on the part of the OP here haha.
Reply 8
Get to bed and stop worrying.
Are you sure you've been sleeping enough?

Sometimes if i drink too much caffeine I get the same thing.

Try some eye drops, the ones which are supposed to make you appear fresher and more awake so your eyes aren't so dry?

EDIT: Also give yourself a massage around the eye and lie in a darkened room with cucumber slices over your eyes. You can also try using a spoon on both sides that you've cooled in the fridge. Use as many times you wish to resist the burning itchy sensation. Well I spent a year of Uni without much sleep and these helped-ish.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
Sleep.

Alright I get why they negged the guy with the jizzy eye, but why were YOU negged?? This was actual advice :confused:
Damn I've had this same problem with my right eye for about a month. I went to the optician a few days ago and they looked at it thoroughly so hopefully there's nothing too badly wrong with it. Maybe you should see one too, if a referral to an eye doctor takes so long...
Does it come and go, or is it like that all the time? Some days I wake up with a really bad red eye for no reason I can discern, and then it improves on its own over the following few days.
Reply 12
Original post by HighestKungFu
LOL you've assumed very little intelligence on the part of the OP here haha.

I'm just clearing myself of any liability :lol:
Reply 13
Glycerin for tired eyes...
Reply 14
Glycerin for tired eyes. A good brand is bausch & lomb. it's safe and gentle for everyday use. It's like artificial tear.
Original post by Sim188
I'm just clearing myself of any liability :lol:

Fair enough :lol:
Original post by Leahcar
Alright I get why they negged the guy with the jizzy eye, but why were YOU negged?? This was actual advice :confused:

Albeit blunt, sleep could be an issue. But, the OP felt the need to neg. If the solution isn't an obvious one, go see someone about it already. :rolleyes:
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
Albeit blunt, sleep could be an issue. But, the OP felt the need to neg. If the solution isn't an obvious one, go see someone about it already. :rolleyes:

I didn't neg you I +ve repped you :confused:
Original post by thatsnumberwang
I didn't neg you I +ve repped you :confused:

You negged. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest