The Student Room Group

Is David Cameron right that mass immigration has damaged communities?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by baldwin123
Then why don't we just execute, these filthy, vile, disgusting native British and move over for our beautiful and majestic, immigrant demi gods.

You're making no sense at all. It's simple, if immigrants are going to get slated for not being able to speak fluent English then I don't see why lazy British people who are are bleeding the benefits system for all it's worth shouldn't be pointed out.
Original post by Swimmer
Maybe because they are to lazy to look for one? and rather sit on benefits...I guess that never hit your head, or maybe because immigrants are harder workers than British people, nowonder employers employ them. Stop blaming everything on immigration.

Im actually offened you said that. British people want to work just as much as anyone else but our chances are being limited by the decling number of jobs and raising number of immigrants working for low low wages.
What sense does it make at all to let more people in when we cant provide for theb existing population its not being nasty just common sense.
Original post by pinda.college
You're making no sense at all. It's simple, if immigrants are going to get slated for not being able to speak fluent English then I don't see why lazy British people who are are bleeding the benefits system for all it's worth shouldn't be pointed out.

Maybe so but theres plenty of people on the make at my(taxpayer) expense, immigrants included.
Original post by Dave Davidson
Im actually offened you said that. British people want to work just as much as anyone else but our chances are being limited by the decling number of jobs and raising number of immigrants working for low low wages.
What sense does it make at all to let more people in when we cant provide for theb existing population its not being nasty just common sense.

Absolutely. Personally I and most of my friends are working around the clock to provide a standard of living for our kids. believe it or not, lots of British people are well aquainted with hard work and sacrifice......and we're under constant assault from prohibitive tax laws and ridiculously high mortgages, bills, you name it.
Reply 104
Original post by Swimmer
Maybe because they are to lazy to look for one? and rather sit on benefits...I guess that never hit your head, or maybe because immigrants are harder workers than British people, nowonder employers employ them. Stop blaming everything on immigration.

How dare you say the British are lazy. The British are the hardest working people in Europe, before the reccession we had one of the lowest unemployment rates in Europe and the longest working hours. British people are not lazy, the vast, vast majority of British people work extremely hard. When you mean lazy British people make sure that you explain that you are refering to the tiny minority of long term unemployed, not the vast majority of hard working Brits, ****ing idiot.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 105

We are ALL fukin humans being, we are all the same, we live on same planet called earth we are all loved the same by Jesus, so why should some people be prioritised over others?!

Jees maybe we do need NWO.
Maybe so but theres plenty of people on the make at my(taxpayer) expense, immigrants included.

Well that's life, you've got to carry on with it. All I know is that 'immigration' can't be singled out as being a major problem when there's clearly biggers issue that need to be dealt with.
Reply 107
Original post by Scottish
How dare you say the British are lazy. The British are the hard working peoplein Europe, before the reccession we had one of the lowest unemployment rates in Europe and the longest working hours. British people are not lazy, the vast, vast majority of British people work extremely hard. When you mean lazy British people make sure that you explain that you are refering to the tiny minority of long term unemployed, not the vast majority of hard working Brits, ****ing idiot.

So why the fuk is the lack of jobs being blamed on immigration? immigration didnt increase by few million in the last 2 years did it?
Original post by storna
Source.

Is David Cameron right? Has mass immigration damaged communities?

Personally, I would say it depends. Some places demonstrate parallel communities and segregation; whereas, others are more of a melting pot. I think it depends on whether immigration to an area has been rapid or over a number of generations.

there is a problem when Cameron lies so much that the truth is considered a lie, we'll never know whether the crap that comes out of david Cameron's mouth is true or not
Original post by Swimmer
So why the fuk is the lack of jobs being blamed on immigration? immigration didnt increase by few million in the last 2 years did it?

Eh? Its so out of control that no one can even tell us whose living here. Theres lines of people a mile long at Victoria every minute of the day.....
Reply 110
Eh? Its so out of control that no one can even tell us whose living here. Theres lines of people a mile long at Victoria every minute of the day.....

Dont exagerate, the borders are not open for everyone to come in.
He is too right! There isnt even enough jobs for British people! It has caused nothing but problems.

So, you presuppose that being British and being able to work should be the guarantor of a job in this country? Grow up! People should not have their chances of getting a job affected by the circumstances in which they are born; merit and worth are the key determining factors.
Original post by Swimmer
We are ALL fukin humans being, we are all the same, we live on same planet called earth we are all loved the same by Jesus, so why should some people be prioritised over others?!

Jees maybe we do need NWO.

Yeah, lovely but that line of thought dosen't work, does it.

Theres only so many resources to manage arent there. Others should concentrate on making a success of their own countries and then they will have prosperity at home.
Reply 113
Yeah, lovely but that line of thought dosen't work, does it.

Theres only so many resources to manage arent there. Others should concentrate on making a success of their own countries and then they will have prosperity at home.

True. Thats why we need NWO :wink:
Original post by Swimmer
Dont exagerate, the borders are not open for everyone to come in.

They can't stop them, all the same. Even if they catch them here illegally, the police have their hands tied and can only refer them to an immigration centre, to arrive whenever they like, if at all. They just give them a train ticket to London and then they disappear.
Reply 115
They can't stop them, all the same. Even if they catch them here illegally, the police have their hands tied and can only refer them to an immigration centre, to arrive whenever they like, if at all. They just give them a train ticket to London and then they disappear.

Illegal immigration is a problem in all Europe..maybe the governement needs to introduce incentives, like 50 quid for every illegal immigrant you find :biggrin:
Reply 116
Original post by Swimmer

Three million people have estimated to have migrated to Britain in the past 5 years and 75% of all new jobs have went to immigrants

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23925337-three-million-immigrants-came-to-britain-under-labour.do

http://www.foreignersinuk.co.uk/statistics-nearly_75_of_new_jobs_went_to_immigrants_2648.html
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Grund
The quote is exactly how I feel. When you live in a country, the bare minimum is that you atleast can speak the language- if you live in England, you should be able to speak English, even if you aren't a linguistic master. Some people live in such a closed community of immigrants that they never have the need to speak English, which imo is ruining our culture. If you can't speak the language, then you shouldn't be in that country. I think this applies to anywhere in the world aswell btw, I'm not being racist.

There was even this story a while ago about an elderly Indian woman who couldn't speak a word of English apart from the bare basics such as "Hello", "Thank you" and "Goodbye", and she'd been living here for many years. I just find that disrespectful; that she hasn't even tried to learn our language, yet she's living off of our country's resources.

I agree with this exactly. Move to a country, at least make an effort to learn the language and integrate somewhat.
Reply 118

I don't really see how the fact that 75% of all new jobs went to immigrants is the fault of migrant workers/immigration policies. Unless you believe that UK-born people are deserve the jobs more than the immigrants.
Reply 119

So? They pay taxes and contribute to economy, I dont see the problem. Also, net migration from Europe was only 27k and is decreasing, and ofcourse for internation migration its much higher, but decreasing as your other source said.

If someone is born here doesnt gurantee them a job, skills and education is what gets you the job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending