Woodhouse college!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by barrister_2000
That's exactly what I was thinking too :confused:

haha i know. Who gives a **** its a sixth form for god sake :P
Reply 181
Im really upset!
i had a good interview and i have high predicted grades and i live in the catchment area and i have about a full page worth of extra curricular activites, and i was really confident and charismatic in the interview and i got put on waiting list.
The interviewer even after like 5 mins was talking about how i would enjoy it, what i should do as enrichment et, basically talking as if i was already in!
I know its bad to assume things but it really did seem like i would get a place :frown:
And im not arrogant im just venting all my feelings!!
Grrrrrrr.
I heard that many people do get in from waiting list, but surely not everyone can get in, its just luck really... and karma...
Well done to everyone who got in though!
xx
Reply 182
I vote that there should be more colleges because they are seriously oversubscribed. Plus, unfairly, they take people in from local schools because those ones don't have 6th forms. WHY?
Original post by IsraIsman
Wat do they consider a top students some1 who gets all A's n A*'s is it not ive got that n ive sat my sciences n maths in yr10 n got good grdes if a's is not good enough then wat is ????????

Firstly I'm guessing people that can spell correctly get offers. Just a thought.

Just because you think an interview went well doesn't mean the other party thought the same. It is highly subjective.
Original post by ocean
Yh thats probably why, i did say about 5-6 activities in my interview, maybe it wasn't enough lol.

By the way, in your year were there a lot of people who were on waiting list that got through?

Because they tend to look at people who have everything, not just simply high grades but a mixture of everything as universities look at that and the school is trying to move people in universities.

To be honest in my year I haven'tgot a clue, i only of my friend as I forced to come on results day and he doesnt look back :smile:, btw during 2nd year quite a few people get into woodhouse in A2 because quite a few students drop out after AS, so you can still get in :smile:
Original post by DylanLJG
Hey, I go Woodhouse now and I'm in my first year studying Maths, Economics, Geography and English Literature.

I received a direct offer with GCSE predictions of 9A*s and 1A (Which I got)

However Woodhouse is strange, anything can happen.

A friend of mine had the same predictions as me, got an interview instead, was put on the waiting list and never got in.

On the other hand another friend of mine with predictions of 5As and 4Bs got in from being on the waiting list. (He received his acceptance in the last week of term probably because of a dropout, for all you hopefuls)

Guess they want an "all rounded person", confident, intelligent and sporty.

And Woodhouse is not all that, there is still a great amount of dopey people there.

Good Luck to everyone who's applied.

I agree woodhouse isnt all that, especially the national diploma students but it adds a nice pick, plus you cant tell whos smart :s-smilie:
Original post by dabest2500
Well, how many people can get into Woodhouse?
My interviewer told me that there were 4000 applicants and 1500 made it into the interviews.
Well, today is Friday and everyone should have their letters by now.

My year it was like 3000-3500 applicatants... about 550 get in, but it may increase to 600
Original post by IsraIsman
Hello every1
Kina new to this i also applied for woodhouse i'm predicted all a's iv'e done my maths, chem, physic and bio got a'z n a*z i even done my first language gcse in yr 7 n got a b it wasn't my first lnaguage all da other gcses im doin dis yr im gettin high grdes hopefully but woodhouse put me On the waiting list
Im confused wat r dey lookin for does anybody knoee?????
Srry bout da lng rant jus really dissapointed n confused

They are looking for an allrounder...... my mate got put on the waiting list and got much better then me, the thing was that his only extra curricular activity was church, while i had a large amount of extra activities... But also not that many people bother to go on to waiting list and go on results day, but my friends queue was empty so he got in :smile:
Original post by Bambi :)
I haven't heard anything yet either o.0 I'm not too fussed tho :\
I applied for G&P, bio, maths and chem o.0

Anyone do Government and Politics?

Don't mean to hijack this thread but it seems very popular hehe :tongue:
*Deep voice* It's alright...I know the owner :wink:

Guessing you wanna medicine... you shouldn't worry certain subjects have loads of people wanting to take it, but normally people change in the first month
Reply 189
Original post by nerdfighter28
Yeah, I now, I am quite frustrated, luckily it wasn't my first choice but it is my back up :/

What are your predicted grades? And is Woodhouse your first choice?

I got my maths bio chemistry n physics all in yr 10 with a's n a*'s the restim doin this yearn im predicted all a's hopefully goin to getall a*'s though n noo no it wasn't really an option but a contender i got into fortismere n c&i n clapton girls soo i dunno if i got in i woould definately go though jus dissappointed because i was still considering it :frown:
Original post by surina_xxx
wicked :smile: what A levels did you take?

I took Maths, further maths, economics and english literature :smile: which are the competitive subjects, but i found english literature boring and there deadlines for coursework are unnecessarily tight ¬¬ the first piece never got accepted as i was 5MINS late :frown: so got a C overall in AS so dropped it...

Certain subjects have there bad teachers... the teachers are very smart its just in every department theres always one that cant teach :/
Original post by dabest2500
And people may not even reach the requirements for a conditional offer.
But really, Woodhouse wants low grades...

They dont, its just local schools get a lower offer and people doing a diploma :s-smilie:
Original post by Wick3d
Basically all the top students are given offers, but a lot of them reject their offers purely because they get offers from somewhere better. So that's why the waiting list is so huge and practically everyone gets put on it.

Actually the very top students are those with top grades and excellent non academic performance in extra curricular activites and they unconditional offers so a place is guranteed
Original post by the don
Hi, i don't understand either, but she also told me that they consider the harshness on predicted grades, e.g. a person at bishop douglass is predicted 7 or 8 A*s, then they would do checks and contact the school incase the person filled it out themselves.

I think its just academics and extra curricular. I was predicted 6a*,2A and 2B, i got an offer, However i also play county tennis, represent y school in many sports and participate in many societies, which i guess really does count.

Hope this helped

You correct... but the checks are like university style, say for a example a school has a bad habit of giving high predictions which aren't met... which the the college can see from the past they are less likely to give them place.
Original post by Coleshill
Hi, I've just literally signed up on this board 5 minutes ago because I need somebody to talk to about this. I'm tearing my hair out!

My predicted results are As and Bs and my interviewer was a woman and I think she dealt with something in student support. Anyway, her name began with J and she had an office in the library. She said that my interview had gone really well and was nice. I suspect that it did actually go quite well too.

WAITING LIST. :frown:

I've applied for Politics, Philosophy, Economics and Physics (aswell as the two other sciences if I can't do that).

She told me that 4000 people applied and 3000 got through into the interviews... They accept 500.

I REALLY need to get into this college. It's the best one and all of the others I've seen have so few places on offer and want 6 As like Latymer.

I guess that most of those who were interviewed are on the list although I probably wouldn't be talking about it if I got rejected. So how big is the list? I feel that I'm going to go mad. :confused:

You'll be fine, as long as people in the past from your school have come woodhouse and performed well, then your very likely to get in.... plus recently people have become more aware of woodhouse like when i never heard of it until a new teacher told everyone... everyone in my schools were rejected apart from 4 of us and 2 got put on the waiting list....
Also your schools writes a reference, so as long as your a very good student, then thats even better :smile:
Original post by Maya.
Im really upset!
i had a good interview and i have high predicted grades and i live in the catchment area and i have about a full page worth of extra curricular activites, and i was really confident and charismatic in the interview and i got put on waiting list.
The interviewer even after like 5 mins was talking about how i would enjoy it, what i should do as enrichment et, basically talking as if i was already in!
I know its bad to assume things but it really did seem like i would get a place :frown:
And im not arrogant im just venting all my feelings!!
Grrrrrrr.
I heard that many people do get in from waiting list, but surely not everyone can get in, its just luck really... and karma...
Well done to everyone who got in though!
xx

It might have been your reference most likely... plus woodhouse dont have a catchment area... because I know people who come from south, east london, etc even from outside London... so just relax and make a few enquiries into why you were placed on the waiting list... plus if you want to come really bad .. get ur gcse results and run to woodhouse and go to the waiting list lady.. as its first come first serve in a way as long as you meet the conditional offers :smile:
Reply 196
Original post by Iqbal007
They are looking for an allrounder...... my mate got put on the waiting list and got much better then me, the thing was that his only extra curricular activity was church, while i had a large amount of extra activities... But also not that many people bother to go on to waiting list and go on results day, but my friends queue was empty so he got in :smile:

I bet this year the queue is gonna be huge for the waiting list lol
:tongue:
Original post by Coleshill
I vote that there should be more colleges because they are seriously oversubscribed. Plus, unfairly, they take people in from local schools because those ones don't have 6th forms. WHY?

These locals get lower offers as well :/ but they take in 100 each roughly from compton and friern barnet( is a pretty good school with smart people)...
Plus it takes time for colleges to be setup and brought upto standards.. woodhouse is a ex grammar school with a good history... plus they should be opening up new ones soon as you can't leave at 16 from schools
Original post by ocean
I bet this year the queue is gonna be huge for the waiting list lol
:tongue:

Trust me a lot of people dont even bother for waiting list and so they give up... as they got to come in after getting their results
Reply 199
Hopefully, well as soon as I get my results, I will run to Woodhouse if I have to to get in line lol, it seems desperate but I really don't want to go to my schools 6form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending