The Student Room Group

Is David Cameron right that mass immigration has damaged communities?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by barrett1987
No actually they shouldn't.

You can have a problem with immigration without being racist. they are not mutual.

People like you that just slap the RACIST or BNP tag on people who ask the questions and raise the debate or worst HAVE AN OPINION on the current situation are the real issue.

I'm male, straight and white. Am i not allowed to say that i think immigration as it stands it currently broken in britain? Apprently not cause ****tards like you will call me racist. Even though the term racist is being incorrectly used and even though i'm just offering my opinon.

****tard **** face.!!!

http://www.destructoid.com/elephant//ul/28980-Warcraftmoron.jpg
Reply 121
Original post by laurand
i don't really see how the fact that 75% of all new jobs went to immigrants is the fault of migrant workers/immigration policies. Unless you believe that uk-born people are deserve the jobs more than the immigrants.

nobody is saying its the fault of immigrants. FOR CHRISTSAKE:angry:.

However, I do believe jobs should go to British people first and foremost. This is our country and we should not be forced out of our own country to find work.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 122
Original post by Scottish
nobody is saying its the fault of immigrants. FOR CHRISTSAKE:angry:

Well your post sort of implied that, if I misunderstood, I'm sorry.
It hasn't affected me in a negative way, I can't speak for others.

Is it a bit odd that Cameron chose to make this immigration speech in Romsey, an area rather devoid of many immigrants at all??
Reply 124
Original post by laurand
Well your post sort of implied that, if I misunderstood, I'm sorry.

I do not accept your apology. I am ****ing sick of ********s like you branding people who criticise immigraiton in anyway as a racist or xenophobe etc.

Go **** yourself
Reply 125
:confused:
Original post by Swimmer
We are ALL fukin humans being, we are all the same, we live on same planet called earth we are all loved the same by Jesus, so why should some people be prioritised over others?!

Jees maybe we do need NWO.

All high levels of immigration has done is over laod the work force and housing. Making people worse off.
No, David Cameron isn't right to say that; because he doesn't mean what he says. He's only saying this because it's local election time. In the end, the Tories won't do anything about mass immigration.
Reply 128
Original post by Scottish
I do not accept your apology. I am ****ing sick of ********s like you branding people who criticise immigraiton in anyway as a racist or xenophobe etc.

Go **** yourself

Lol. I didn't brand anyone, and if you'd read my earlier post on this thread you'd see that I actually agree with most of the stuff that Cameron said.

Great to see that you're up for a civilised discussion though. :biggrin:
Reply 129
Original post by laurand
Lol. I didn't brand anyone, and if you'd read my earlier post on this thread you'd see that I actually agree with most of the stuff that Cameron said.

Great to see that you're up for a civilised discussion though. :biggrin:

Stating that I am blaming imigrants speaks more than a thousand words.
Original post by Dave Davidson
All high levels of immigration has done is over laod the work force and housing. Making people worse off.

Exactly. Mass immigration is destroying the NHS; tying down the police force; putting immense pressure on inner city schools where the children speak dozens of different languages; putting more and more indigenous Brits out of work. IT NEEDS TO STOP.

Over 70% of new jobs created in Britain have gone to foreigners NOT Britons!
(edited 13 years ago)
For those defending mass immigration, its a known fact that the system is in chaos. Even the government aknowledges it and my God that is saying something. The system is being abused. Many are coming here and going straight onto state benefits. The population is growing out of control and services can't cope.

Its crisis time, so please get your heads out of your ar*** and join those who want solutions instead of denying everything!
Original post by Liquidus Zeromus
Exactly. Mass immigration is destroying the NHS; tying down the police force; putting immense pressure on inner city schools where the children speak dozens of different languages; putting more and more indigenous Brits out of work. IT NEEDS TO STOP.

Over 80% of new jobs created in Britain have gone to foreigners NOT Britons!

Its common sense too bad people would rather be PC and make life worse for people.
I'm a member of the British Indian community and even we think immigration has got out of hand a bit. In fact, a recent poll suggested that a majority of Asians considered immigration as too high. Unfortunately, when we hear some White people frequently being so negative on immigrants, we find it hard to relate, given that our parents and grandparents were immigrants.

Trust me, they weren't welcomed with a red carpet, free council housing and all the benefits you could claim. They had to go through a lot of cr*p (think no Race Relations Act and the National Front) and yet they still persevered, and now the British Indian community contribute 6% to Britain's GDP, over £84 billion a year, despite only making up 4 percent of the population. Punching above your weight is a very British trait. Seems like a immigration success story to me.

Still, although there is more or less a consensus that immigration should be better controlled, I don't like where some of the commenters on here are coming from. Even though they whinge about being branded racist for their comments, they fail to see that...just maybe...they are being racist. Not because they want to reduce immigration, but more in the way they are approaching the subject, the 'us and them' mentality, the ignorance in claiming that immigrants don't try to integrate, and completely ignoring for example White flight.

There is room for a sensible debate on better controlling immigration. Unfortunately many people out there are not sensible. Hence, why many politicians seem reluctant to start an open debate about it.
(edited 13 years ago)
First off, anyone that can't see through the speech as a method for gaining short term support in the local elections is a retard.

Second, this tread seems to be devoid of facts regarding benefits:

EU immigrants have to have worked in the UK for 12 months before they are allowed to claim anything.

Non-EU immigrants cannot claim anything for 5 years until they can apply for residency.

As for those who claim there is an undue strain on public services, guess how these services are paid for? That's right, taxes! Taxes which are paid as immigrants need work to work to live in the UK.

Then comes the question of why are immigrant workers considered more employable than local workers? Also, is there a credible source for this 70% statistic being thrown around?

Finally, it is not racist to be 'anti-immigration'. It is racist if you are selective of who you allow to immigrate based on their race. Hardly any of you would bat an eyelid if there was a family migrating from the USA, but would kick up a ****storm if there was a family migrating from Poland.
Original post by Make it so.
I'm a member of the British Indian community and even we think immigration has got out of hand a bit. In fact, a recent poll suggested that a majority of Asians considered immigration as too high. Unfortunately, when we hear some White people frequently being so negative on immigrants, we find it hard to relate, given that our parents and grandparents were immigrants.

Trust me, they weren't welcomed with a red carpet, free council housing and all the benefits you could claim. They had to go through a lot of cr*p (think no Race Relations Act and the National Front) and yet still they persevered, and now the British Indian community contribute 6% to Britain's GDP, over £84 billion a year, despite only making up 4 percent of the population. Punching above your weight is a very British trait. Seems like a immigration success story to me.

Still, although there is more or less a consensus that immigration should be better controlled, I don't like where some of the commenters on here are coming from. Even though they whinge about being branded racist for their comments, they fail to see that...just maybe...they are being racist. Not because they want to reduce immigration, but more in the way they are approaching the subject, the 'us and them' mentality, the ignorance in claiming that immigrants don't try to integrate, and completely ignoring for example White Flight.

There is room for a sensible debate on better controlling immigration. Unfortunately many people out there are not sensible. Hence, why many politicians seem reluctant to start an open debate about it.

Blimey, talking about wanting to have your cake and eat it!

"My Grandparents endured hardships to get in here and sort me out and now can everyone else quietly go away and stop knocking at the door please"

You sir are a hypocrite and no amount of blather can disguise that fact, no matter how erudite.
Original post by MillerTraub
First off, anyone that can't see through the speech as a method for gaining short term support in the local elections is a retard.

Second, this tread seems to be devoid of facts regarding benefits:

EU immigrants have to have worked in the UK for 12 months before they are allowed to claim anything.

Non-EU immigrants cannot claim anything for 5 years until they can apply for residency.

As for those who claim there is an undue strain on public services, guess how these services are paid for? That's right, taxes! Taxes which are paid as immigrants need work to work to live in the UK.

Then comes the question of why are immigrant workers considered more employable than local workers? Also, is there a credible source for this 70% statistic being thrown around?

Finally, it is not racist to be 'anti-immigration'. It is racist if you are selective of who you allow to immigrate based on their race. Hardly any of you would bat an eyelid if there was a family migrating from the USA, but would kick up a ****storm if there was a family migrating from Poland.

How do you know what people would react to, you self righteous so and so...
Original post by baldwin123
Blimey, talking about wanting to have your cake and eat it!

"My Grandparents endured hardships to get in here and sort me out and now can everyone else quietly go away and stop knocking at the door please"

You sir are a hypocrite
and no amount of blather can disguise that fact, no matter how erudite.

If you're going to be ridiculous and accuse me of something, have the decency to explain why.

Why am I a hypocrite?
Reply 138
has anybody been to Wembley india?
Original post by 101101
has anybody been to Wembley india?

Yep, many times. Your point?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending