The Student Room Group

Woodhouse college!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ocean
Hopefully, well as soon as I get my results, I will run to Woodhouse if I have to to get in line lol, it seems desperate but I really don't want to go to my schools 6form.

LOL I second that...you'll see me in that line(I'm hoping there isn't one) :tongue: I swear...it makes me wonder...How long is this waiting list?! Aha!
Original post by Iqbal007
I took Maths, further maths, economics and english literature :smile: which are the competitive subjects, but i found english literature boring and there deadlines for coursework are unnecessarily tight ¬¬ the first piece never got accepted as i was 5MINS late :frown: so got a C overall in AS so dropped it...

Certain subjects have there bad teachers... the teachers are very smart its just in every department theres always one that cant teach :/

only 5 minutes late and they never excepted it! Thats stupid :eek:
so many people are on the waiting list though!
Reply 202
Original post by Princess_Shaz
LOL I second that...you'll see me in that line(I'm hoping there isn't one) :tongue: I swear...it makes me wonder...How long is this waiting list?! Aha!

Race you there :P lol. Same here, but it may change when the time comes closer to enrollment day. Do people on the waiting list go in for the tater day?
Actually the very top students are those with top grades and excellent non academic performance in extra curricular activites and they unconditional offers so a place is guranteed

What have you been smoking?
Original post by surina_xxx
only 5 minutes late and they never excepted it! Thats stupid :eek:
so many people are on the waiting list though!

i no :frown: but it was my own fault for leaving it soo late.. but didnt like the subject apart from the trips... one book we had to use for AS exams was totally confusing....
soo wat, people never show up as they give up
Original post by Wick3d

No, i havent been smoking.. but the fact is that I actually go there.. and the story all points to that direction from what i've heard from my friends
Reply 206
Original post by Princess_Shaz
OMG! Are they being serious?! They put you on the waiting list?! How does that make sense with the grades you have? :confused: I think they're letting monkeys decide who gets an offer and who doesn't :rolleyes: I mean, a girl who chose all science subjects and has way lower grades than you got in...ugh it just doesn't make sense! I know you'll get in later; they'd be stupid to not offer you a place :smile:
Let's keep hoping that lot's of people with the same subject choices as us reject their offers, and give Woodhouse a taste of their own medicine. Was Woodhouse your first choice? :smile:

I got waiting list toooo lol
Original post by ocean
Hopefully, well as soon as I get my results, I will run to Woodhouse if I have to to get in line lol, it seems desperate but I really don't want to go to my schools 6form.

Trust me when i got there with my friend a long queue stretching outside and thats us early we got in after 20 minutes after which the line got even longer :/...... Trust me even i didnt and those ppl at my old skl did soo much worse than me
Reply 208
Original post by Wick3d

that cute mario picture and they way you talk really don't go well together xD

btw I forgot to tell everyone I got in, just saw this thread ^^
tbh my interview wasn't THAT great and I only do basketball and play the piano at grade 6. I'm also doing as level math in year 11 and live like 10 minutes away. I think most people forgot to mention the grades they got in their english language exams from november so the college didn't include those grades.

Anyways don't worry everyone, I heard most people end up getting in through the waiting list because loads of potential students at the college reject their offers since they applied to better colleges like st michael's; My interviewer told me all this so i'm pretty sure it's atleast partly true. Don't give up!! hope to see you there :tongue:
Reply 209
Guessing you wanna medicine... you shouldn't worry certain subjects have loads of people wanting to take it, but normally people change in the first month

lol no not really, I haven't decided on what I want to do yet, it will probably be sciency but medicine is waaaay too stressful for my liking o.0
Reply 210
If you want to add another subject that you could do to make yourself more flexible can you contact the school?
Reply 211
btw during 2nd year quite a few people get into woodhouse in A2 because quite a few students drop out after AS, so you can still get in :smile:

37 people applied for A2 this year and 5 got in.

Anyway a hell of a lot rides on how good your school report was. This isn't even a good method of differentiating cos a lot of schools make issues seem worse than they are since they're intended for parents, not for 6th forms but that's just how it is.
No, i havent been smoking.. but the fact is that I actually go there.. and the story all points to that direction from what i've heard from my friends

Your friends are lying. No college hands out unconditional offers unless you already have the required grades.
Reply 213
Original post by Wick3d

What have you been smoking?, its common logic that high achieving applicants should get unconditional offers as there is no question that they would not be able to meet the entry requirements?

Your blates that guy who still hasn't got over his rejection from 3 or 4 years ago...
Original post by the don
What have you been smoking?, its common logic that high achieving applicants should get unconditional offers as there is no question that they would not be able to meet the entry requirements?

Your blates that guy who still hasn't got over his rejection from 3 or 4 years ago...

Why on earth would a college or any institute hand out an unconditional offer to someone who hasn't even achieved the grades they have been predicted! It makes no sense.
Reply 215
Actually the very top students are those with top grades and excellent non academic performance in extra curricular activites and they unconditional offers so a place is guranteed

I swear there are no unconditionals; there are direct offers where you get straight in without an interview. Still conditional though.
Reply 216
Original post by Wick3d
Why on earth would a college or any institute hand out an unconditional offer to someone who hasn't even achieved the grades they have been predicted! It makes no sense.

It does, many schools are accurate with thr predictions....
I have a friend in my current sixth form, hes really smart, achieved twelve A*s at gcse, when most pupils do ten traditional subjects, he taught himself two subjects.
Hes in his A2 year, he has been predicted 4A*s and 1A, and has been awarded unconditional offers at Durham, Warwick and UCL, but ofcourse he choose oxford lol, but besides the point, predictions are accurate as teachers have had much experience.
Reply 217
Original post by Wick3d
QUOTE]

Can I ask where you go to school?
Reply 218
I go Woodhouse and im still suprised at how every year theres a such a big fuss about the college on tsr , even though i was doing the same thing last year :tongue:

so if anyone needs help or info jus ask
Original post by tooosh
I swear there are no unconditionals; there are direct offers where you get straight in without an interview. Still conditional though.

Well not from what I have heard... not sure... but as I heard from people in my year with direct offers /unconditionals they have a place no matter what they get as the school firmly believes they'll achieve the 6.0 and better

Quick Reply

Latest