The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jimber
paying £17 for the Khan fight, when it was gonna be on sky for free. Khans team is so stupid, especially his advisor, fighting on SS3 would've boosted his fanbase alot more and gave long-term PPV appeal...this fight is gonna do horrible figures, especially with the undercard as **** as it is.

Yeah I'd agree. Khan had a great chance to continue his fanbase by showing them that yes he's taking a massive paycut for the fight to be shown on SS3 and use it as a PR move and say, yeah I could have gone onto PPV with Primetime but if more fans see my fight, that's what matters. But had he done that, then IMO, he would have thought it would discredit the McCloskey fight and reaffirm the rumours that the fight hasn't sufficiently picked up interest. So hence he's gone to Primetime to save face.

Intriguing to see if his relationship with Sky recovers as it appears they don't want Khan vs. Bradley in a possible unification fight either which is a surprise.

I take it SSN are hardly going to show anything of Khan in the build up now compared to regular news from the AK if he was fighting on Sky.
Why are you paying for the Khan fight? Surely you can find it on the 'net for free?

I'm going to the weigh in later.
My p2p and Justin tv are the best.

Btw does anybody know what time Khan fight is? And also the Ortiz vs berto fight?
Original post by oh-my-diddy
My p2p and Justin tv are the best.

Btw does anybody know what time Khan fight is? And also the Ortiz vs berto fight?

It's 5pm for the Khan fight.

Ortiz vs Berto is on at 1:45am I think, perhaps later because all I can find is the HBO listing which says 9:45 US Eastern time but they're broadcasting the Khan fight (recorded) first then the Ortiz vs Berto match follows.

McCloskey was looking well cocky at the weigh in :biggrin: You would've thought he was the home fighter given the cheers he got from the paddy crowd...

On a girlish note I wouldn't mind being sandwiched between the pair of them (Amir and Paul) :colondollar: :sexface:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Toaster Leavings

It's 5pm for the Khan fight.

Ortiz vs Berto is on at 1:45am I think, perhaps later because all I can find is the HBO listing which says 9:45 US Eastern time but they're broadcasting the Khan fight (recorded) first then the Ortiz vs Berto match follows.

McCloskey was looking well cocky at the weigh in :biggrin: You would've thought he was the home fighter given the cheers he got from the paddy crowd...

On a girlish note I wouldn't mind being sandwiched between the pair of them (Amir and Paul) :colondollar: :sexface:

5pm? jeeez thats early, i heard it was something like 9pm but oh well. ok cool, well thanks alot for that mate :biggrin:

"“King Khan Returns,” the WBA Light Welterweight Championship fight featuring Amir “King” Khan defending his title against undefeated European Champion Paul McCloskey on April 16 at the M.E.N Arena in Manchester, is a 12 round bout presented by in association with Khan Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions. The event will be broadcast live on Primetime Pay-Per-View in the U.K. at 8:00 PM BST, with the main event being aired on a delayed basis in United States on HBO at 9:45 PM ET/6:45 PM PT."

Now its at 8pm?
hope the "king" gets dropped, mcloskey seems like a really likeable fella
"“King Khan Returns,” the WBA Light Welterweight Championship fight featuring Amir “King” Khan defending his title against undefeated European Champion Paul McCloskey on April 16 at the M.E.N Arena in Manchester, is a 12 round bout presented by in association with Khan Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions. The event will be broadcast live on Primetime Pay-Per-View in the U.K. at 8:00 PM BST, with the main event being aired on a delayed basis in United States on HBO at 9:45 PM ET/6:45 PM PT."

Now its at 8pm?

Yeah you're right, sorry. It was 5 when I looked. I'm hoping it's the undercards at 8 and about 10ish for main event or I'll miss it. :/

Yeah you're right, sorry. It was 5 when I looked. I'm hoping it's the undercards at 8 and about 10ish for main event or I'll miss it. :/

lol it keeps changing, i saw another website that said 9pm. Jeeez i better not miss this fight! lol
Reply 3289
I wouldn't bother watching until 10....undercards are that ****. Anyone know if these sites have videos that can be watched after the event? I'm out so gonna miss it.
feel sorry for mcloskey. dreadful decision.
feel sorry for mcloskey. dreadful decision.

Yep and he was doing better than what was expected off him, he took a good amount of Khans punches in that round and still stood. I thought he was going to go down..... Quite impressed to be fair.

But unfortunately seeing Khans reaction post-fight interview he is not up for a rematch which is a real shame seeing if the fight would go 12 rounds it would have been a good fight, ah well.

I liked the optimistic opinion of one boxing expert though at the end where he kept saying Mcloskey could wait for Bradley-Khan to finish then fight for the unified belts for a bigger pay day, though before than McCloskey would prolly get some fights with other international renowned light welterweights first....

Fight against Zab Judah for the IBF title perhaps????
Original post by Z_Ahmed

Original post by Z_Ahmed
Yep and he was doing better than what was expected off him, he took a good amount of Khans punches in that round and still stood. I thought he was going to go down..... Quite impressed to be fair.

But unfortunately seeing Khans reaction post-fight interview he is not up for a rematch which is a real shame seeing if the fight would go 12 rounds it would have been a good fight, ah well.

I liked the optimistic opinion of one boxing expert though at the end where he kept saying Mcloskey could wait for Bradley-Khan to finish then fight for the unified belts for a bigger pay day, though before than McCloskey would prolly get some fights with other international renowned light welterweights first....

Fight against Zab Judah for the IBF title perhaps????

yeah i know, i also noticed khan was too eager to ko him or something. stumbling forward whilst missing with his punches a few times. very dangerous.

i dont think khan will look too much into this, he wants to move forward and fight bradley for unification, but yh i feel fore mccloskey who worked so hard to get to this stage.

I do think mccloskey will move forward and look to fight someone else like zab judah yh maybe. it could happen because even though he has lost this one, he has still gained alot of popularity from this bout.

anyway, i'm waiting or the ortiz fight, this is gonna be one hell of a match-up, i heard its at 2am so gonna go and kill some zombies on cod for now lol. safe bro
Reply 3293
If Mcloskey showed a bit more passion to carry on it wouldn't have been stopped, he only kicked up a fuss after his team did. Being real he's not on Khans level. Was too negative for me. Anyway my bets won so its all goooood (Khan rd 4-6, Berto Ortiz to go points and Ortiz to win)
Reply 3294
What the hell were the guys on Primetime on about, khan was going to win the fight either on points or knock out. Assumptions can be made, but looking at how the first 6 rounds went no way in hell would have mckloskey have won that. Khan's power and speed was too much for mckloskey, I don't know how he hung in there neither would we have known if he would've later on in the fight. I do agree though he did make khan look a bit amateurish but all mckloskey was doing is rolling he's shoulders dodging the punches making khan miss quite a few. He was tryin to cat mayweather's slick style but the problem is mayweather fights back rather than just dodging most of the time. You cannot win a fight by defending against the opponent and moving around, you have to punch back. And then mckloskey's promoter and trainer complaining at the end as if he really was going to win the fight, but it was a dreadful decision by the ref and doctor to stop the fight. I do not want to see khan in the ring with this guy again, it's a waste of time. He's good but not on khan's level they were bigging the irishmen too much.
Hats and turbans off to vicious victor ortiz. Proved us all wrong. Guy is one hell of a fighter.
khan is a disrespectful tosser and i cant wait for him to get sparked

http://www.brandhatton.com/TV

no matter who it is , you need to show more respect. Afterwards he puts on his twitter

"The art of boxing is having skil n stance, ur head behind ur front foot. But when the head cl#!@%*# happened his head was way over an mine wasn't it was his fault, well he's lucky ref stopped it he would of got hurt in later rounds"

"I feel good, thnx for asking everyone, feels tho iv not been in a fight I had tougher sparring, no disrespect to mccloskey but there are levels in boxing, european is no where near world class"

"His team wanted a rematch lol . But I aint surprised mccloskey stayed quite, end of the day its him that was getting wacked in the ring"

"Mccloskey was slower then I thought. But had good lateral movement but at times was all over the place. Mainly surviving in the fight"

"Won the fight by 6-0 went to score cards. Head clash, mccloskey was getting out boxed and another round would of got knockd out, he was hurt"

America can keep him, and his buck toothed father - i cant believe people are going to line his pockets
Reply 3297
Original post by jermaindefoe
khan is a disrespectful tosser and i cant wait for him to get sparked

http://www.brandhatton.com/TV

no matter who it is, you need to show more respect. Afterwards he puts on his twitter

America can keep him, and his buck toothed father - i cant believe people are going to line his pockets

stfu you fool, I know your type of guys very well and I know why you pick on khan, racist pricks.

I can tell for a fact that whole thing was sparked by mckloskeys corner, you can blatently tell before the fight and the way him and he's team were conducting the interviews. I'm sure something must have been said to khan by mckloskeys team for him to respond back like that.

you keep waiting for khan to get sparked while he goes on to achieve bigger things. haters gonna hate.
Original post by uer23
stfu you fool, I know your type of guys very well and I know why you pick on khan, racist pricks.

I can tell for a fact that whole thing was sparked by mckloskeys corner, you can blatently tell before the fight and the way him and he's team were conducting the interviews. I'm sure something must have been said to khan by mckloskeys team for him to respond back like that.

you keep waiting for khan to get sparked while he goes on to achieve bigger things. haters gonna hate.

khan doesn't do rematches does he :biggrin: did you even watch the interview

edit - and im a racist yeh, even though my user name clearly indicates im a fan of a black footballer

gtfo
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3299
Original post by jermaindefoe
khan doesn't do rematches does he :biggrin: did you even watch the interview

edit - and im a racist yeh, even though my user name clearly indicates im a fan of a black footballer

gtfo

yeh because choosing a username on an internet forum gives me enough proof that you aren't one.

suck out.

Latest