The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

basketball at the lse

hey. i'll be starting my first year at lse this fall. i love to do sports and intend to try out for the basketball team.

im quite a good player, represented my high school back in my country. but im rather short. just approximately 5'9.

i was wondering how tall on average are the school team players? or do you know the height of the shortest guy on the team? (so as not to get my hopes too high..)

thanks
Reply 1
I'd like to continue basketball in uni too xD and I'm only 5'8...quick question though, can you dunk?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by WeiChin
I'd like to continue basketball in uni too xD and I'm only 5'8...quick question though, can you dunk?

nah. im miles away from dunking. tt's y im concerned about the average height of the team. if every1 is like taller than 6 foot, i'd know my chances r slim.
Reply 3
but PGs are about that height. + just because you're short doesn't mean you can't play xD
Reply 4
Original post by WeiChin
but PGs are about that height. + just because you're short doesn't mean you can't play xD

yea i know. height puts me at a great disadvantage though. i was watchin some bucs games on youtube, looks as if every1 could dunk..
Reply 5
Original post by davidlcf
yea i know. height puts me at a great disadvantage though. i was watchin some bucs games on youtube, looks as if every1 could dunk..

=0 they do look really good!!! Won't stop me from trying though xD well you can train your vertical leap. I can only grab the rim though <_< so what positions do you usually play?
Reply 6
wow tt's impressive. nah i cant. i only play guard. usually pg, not so much of sg.
Reply 7
cool~well you don't really need to be tall to play PG, just need to handle the ball well and see the floor xD
Reply 8
I had a friend who was captain at my school, went to LSE and barely made the team, but I think he's moved up the starting now, not too sure. I know he's played in some games because I saw photos of him playing on fb. I play bball too, but not that well, and certainly not well enough to get on a uni team lol!
Reply 9
I'm not sure about myself...never played a tournament since they tend to clash with my exams. They wanted me on the team but my mum said studies 1st <_< well, Imma go for it in uni though, my last chance xD but well, there's a recreation team I've read so it's all fun and stuffs, don't have to be good. Hope I get to play with you guys and have fun =P
Reply 10
yea. n i heard there's the 2nd and 3rd team? so we can always try for those. anyway where're u from n wat's your course ?
Reply 11
I'm from Brunei and I'll be doing Maths and Econ. You're doing Actuarial and from S'pore right? Think I remember reading on a thread somewhere xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending