The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by liviaaa
I don't mind biodiversity really. I like learning new stuff, as long as it's vaguely interesting, and not to do with history etcc. :smile:

:smile: I really do think biodiversity is interesting... I mean, it's evolution and genetics, essentially. :biggrin: Ah, I enjoy History too.... GCSE was amazing, it was all about the wars, but the A Level History course at my school looks **** boring and everyone seems to hate it. :p:
Original post by liviaaa
I did the first 2 paragraphs a few months back when I was bored one time - it's kinda on pause now until after my exams. :tongue:

The first and last paragraph are apparently the hardest. :smile:
Reply 1502
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
:smile: I really do think biodiversity is interesting... I mean, it's evolution and genetics, essentially. :biggrin: Ah, I enjoy History too.... GCSE was amazing, it was all about the wars, but the A Level History course at my school looks **** boring and everyone seems to hate it. :p:

Eww no I hate history. :tongue: The last time I did it was Year 9!
Reply 1503
The first and last paragraph are apparently the hardest. :smile:

Yeah I'm still not satisfied with my first. :tongue: I don't want it to be too, "I've wanted to be a doctor ever since I was a child.." but then again you need a sensible way to start it.
Original post by liviaaa
Eww no I hate history. :tongue: The last time I did it was Year 9!

Lol, fair enough, that's me with Geography. :p:

And I'm getting to hate Chemistry with unit 2 being like a memory test!
Reply 1505
Lol, fair enough, that's me with Geography. :p:

And I'm getting to hate Chemistry with unit 2 being like a memory test!

Not a fan of geog either. :P

Yes I agree! Especially the Group 2 and Halogens topics - so many equations to learn!!
Original post by liviaaa
Yeah I'm still not satisfied with my first. :tongue: I don't want it to be too, "I've wanted to be a doctor ever since I was a child.." but then again you need a sensible way to start it.

Yeah, that's true. The thing is there's not really many ways to start a PS without making the tutor think "wtf?" so the opening line is going to be really hard. :frown: I'm hoping I get hit by a flash of inspiration before I start my PS. :p:
Original post by liviaaa
Not a fan of geog either. :P

Yes I agree! Especially the Group 2 and Halogens topics - so many equations to learn!!

Haha, so what do you enjoy (other than science/psychology)?

And extraction of metals. And all the mechanisms! :eek:
Reply 1508
Haha, so what do you enjoy (other than science/psychology)?

And extraction of metals. And all the mechanisms! :eek:

Maths! Also art :smile: I took it at GCSE, but figured it wouldn't be much use at A level for me.

Ew extraction of metals is the worst. That's on my time table for tomorrow. :/ Mechanisms I'm finally getting to grips with.
Original post by liviaaa
Maths! Also art :smile: I took it at GCSE, but figured it wouldn't be much use at A level for me.

Ew extraction of metals is the worst. That's on my time table for tomorrow. :/ Mechanisms I'm finally getting to grips with.

Aww, I wish I was good at art! Do you still paint or draw or do anything artistic now to relax?

Extraction of metals isn't too bad because there isn't too much of it. Good for you. :smile: Good thing about mechanisms is that you can learn a pattern which really helps.
Reply 1510
Yeah, that's true. The thing is there's not really many ways to start a PS without making the tutor think "wtf?" so the opening line is going to be really hard. :frown: I'm hoping I get hit by a flash of inspiration before I start my PS. :p:

Yeah I'll probs research others online, and ask my parents etccc. :smile:
Reply 1511
Aww, I wish I was good at art! Do you still paint or draw or do anything artistic now to relax?

Extraction of metals isn't too bad because there isn't too much of it. Good for you. :smile: Good thing about mechanisms is that you can learn a pattern which really helps.

Noooo not enough time! I just do dancing in my free time now. :smile:

Yeah they're really not as daunting as I once thought. Same with Hess' Law - I was just told the equation which is 100000x easier than the cycles!
Original post by liviaaa
Yeah I'll probs research others online, and ask my parents etccc. :smile:

Sounds like a good idea. :smile: I love reading PSs, I don't even know know why. TSR's PS library = endless hours of fun. :teehee:
Reply 1513

Random question, but are you thinking of applying to UCL? Just wondered as you have a subject choice they seem to like for medicine.
Original post by liviaaa
Noooo not enough time! I just do dancing in my free time now. :smile:

Yeah they're really not as daunting as I once thought. Same with Hess' Law - I was just told the equation which is 100000x easier than the cycles!

You're one of those people who's good at everything but also are too nice to be jealous of, aren't you? :p: I can't dance either.

There's a Hess' Law equation? What is it? I don't think the cycles are too bad but an equation would be so much nicer hehe.
Reply 1515
Sounds like a good idea. :smile: I love reading PSs, I don't even know know why. TSR's PS library = endless hours of fun. :teehee:

Haha yes! I'm actually excited to write the whole personal statement etc!
Original post by liviaaa
Random question, but are you thinking of applying to UCL? Just wondered as you have a subject choice they seem to like for medicine.

Do I? What do UCL like as subject choice? :s-smilie:

But I'm not, the BMAT looks waaaay too scary and I want a PBL course. :smile: What about you?
Reply 1517
Original post by dominiqueblack

Original post by dominiqueblack
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone! :smile:
If anyone wants any help or advice or anything, I'd be happy to try and help! :smile:

Can you get me some work experience

I live in hounslow
Original post by liviaaa
Haha yes! I'm actually excited to write the whole personal statement etc!

I'm excited in some respects but in others the idea of having to put my life down on a page is kinda scary. :eek: Well, not my life as such, but you know what I mean. :p:
Reply 1519
You're one of those people who's good at everything but also are too nice to be jealous of, aren't you? :p: I can't dance either.

There's a Hess' Law equation? What is it? I don't think the cycles are too bad but an equation would be so much nicer hehe.

Don't worry I'm pretty hopeless at quite a lot of other stuff too to even it out... :tongue:

When using the formation values = Sum of products - Sum of reactants.

When using the combustion values = Sum of reactants - Sum of products.

You still have to times the values through by the no. moles etc, in the sum.

Latest

Trending

Trending