The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Scream 4 is much better than Scream 3. I recommend it. When it comes to the Scream franchise, I like the suspense factor more than anything else.
Your Highness has pretty effects, some decent jokes and you get to see Natalie Portman in a thong. It's not meant to be story-driven, but the weak story does stick out a bit at some points, and it's ultimately somewhat forgettable.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Weird that we had a lengthy debate on morals in a kids' anime show from a decade ago or weird that your version of drunk dialling is coming on the Film forum and producing a sound and coherent rant about a film? :teehee: Still, it's better than full-on drunk Phalanges where you couldn't spell a single word properly. :teehee:

Oh no, I meant that I just find the whole premise of Pokemon weird now. :p: Full drunk was a one-off occurrence, I have since fitted my computer with a breathalyser to save the embarrassment. :p:

That trend of being more involved, and finding each successive book better than the previous is going to continue. But then you're going to hit this wall, in a book or two or three, and you're going to come on here and rant about how awful and waste of time a certain book was. How you've last faith in the series. But until then, glad to hear you're enjoying the books! Should have ordered as many as you could before your library started charging for them. :ninja:

I really enjoyed the tale of Eddie Dean, found it so involving. Then I didn't like the whole thing on the beach in between and didn't really want to invest in a completely new character (it doesn't feel particularly well connected) but it surprised me just how much I'm interested in Odetta's story (even though I kept getting angry every time she was referred to as schizophrenic). I'm just at the stage now where she's gone back to the beach.

The more I read the more I'm convinced you need a director who is capable of mastering many different genres. It should so be Peter Weir directing these films.

And yeah, I ordered them all the day before, got them all sitting in my room now. :p: Along with a film book that came today.
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
:unimpressed:

Have you forgotten about the penguin in Wallace and Gromit? That guy was an evil mastermind :colone:
And he would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for that mangy mutt! :colonhash:

The penguin?

His name is Feathers McGraw, and you'd be wise to show him respect.
Reply 1104
Haven't watched a Hollywood film in ages, been watching Bollywood films in the last few weeks but that has now got boring. Got a lot of catching up to do now :biggrin:

The latest Harry Potter film has just come through my door so after I have a bit of a recap I gotta give that a watch.

The Ghost, The Next three days and The Way Back are the other films on my to watch list atm. Will report back my opinions when I have watched them :h:
Be right back, trying to catch my breath. :rofl: :rofl:

Original post by Madjackismad

Pretty brilliant. Loving the Juno voice. :rofl:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Pretty brilliant. Loving the Juno voice. :rofl:

Watch the Tron: Legacy one. The voices are brilliant.
Anyone seen this?

I find it a bit perturbing.

Also, we don't swear an oath to protect and serve. That's America, dickheads. Jeez.
Original post by Madjackismad

quite a few funny Inception parody trailers knocking about on youtube - The Contraception one, The Dora the explorer Inception one :biggrin:

So who's gonna see Scream 4 this weekend?
Original post by lukejoshjedi

So who's gonna see Scream 4 this weekend?

I'm seeing it next week when the cinema's cheaper. I'm also going to see Arthur for free then.

I am having a Scream party this weekend though with all of the old films. :teeth:
:rofl2: I hope they re-dub the whole movie in that style.
Original post by Phalanges
I'm seeing it next week when the cinema's cheaper. I'm also going to see Arthur for free then.

I am having a Scream party this weekend though with all of the old films. :teeth:

ah right, cool - The end of Scream 1 is soo funny, cos the plot twist is ridiculous

I love how you get to see so many films for free xD when I say so many, the ones you've mentioned anyway
(edited 13 years ago)
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=76512

Mortal Kombat legacy... lol the hell is that
That looks bugger all like Baraka.

Comparison:
I 'fixed' ze spoiler, Madjack :biggrin:

Looks slightly like an Orc from Lord of the rings dressing up as said character

Priest - http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=15696

Maybe it's a trend with Paul Bettany starring in crappy films centred on aspects of christianity, coincidentally being about killing demons, mythical creatures (Legion, now this)

He just needs to get some better film roles

I love how you get to see so many films for free xD when I say so many, the ones you've mentioned anyway

It's not really too difficult. There's a website, Free Movies UK, which I'd recommend anyone interested to sign up to because once you've registered you can see their forums which has details of all of the free advanced screenings that are available to the public. If you live close to a reasonably big town you can easily see 10-20 films in a year thanks to it, perhaps even more.

I know some people with film blogs big enough to get them invites to press screenings, now that's when you get access to loads of free films.
Reply 1117
Thinking about starting a filmy blog, anyone have an opinion on the best site?
I 'fixed' ze spoiler, Madjack :biggrin:

Looks slightly like an Orc from Lord of the rings dressing up as said character

Priest - http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=15696

Maybe it's a trend with Paul Bettany starring in crappy films centred on aspects of christianity, coincidentally being about killing demons, mythical creatures (Legion, now this)

He just needs to get some better film roles

He was in the Da Vinci Code as well. :p:
Original post by aja89
Thinking about starting a filmy blog, anyone have an opinion on the best site?

If you're not bothered too much and want simple, Tumblr is the simplest. It also has a community aspect in the sense you can follow people/people can follow you.

Blogger is in the middle.

If you want a lot of variety in themes, customisation, plugins and options, Wordpress without a doubt.

Quick Reply

Latest