The Student Room Group

Woodhouse college!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Iqbal007
Yeah thats right you dumbass they give out letters saying unconditional and invited them to an event called 'unconditional evening' which were all over my school building it just happened to be a a mistake which has been made continously since woodhouse college was created.................¬¬ You SIR noooooo nothing about woodhouse college, nor its principles and you have no clue how everything works soo shut up . They would clearly give offers to high achieving students with very high predictions and which the college has called there school up and to check on there progress ..............

It isn't an unconditional offer if you are predicted all 10 A*s and you achieve 10 Cs, and then tell me what would the college do?

Unconditional offers are only ever handed out for students who already have their GCSE qualifications.
Reply 241
Oh so you, Zain, sunil ....... who else got in :s-smilie:
The chances are better then being on the waiting list :tongue: and come into school. Me and rohit have been hitting library all day :biggrin:

Kareena and some other girl who I forgot.

Allow it lol.
Original post by tooosh
Kareena and some other girl who I forgot.

Allow it lol.

Oh crap, yh theres that muslim girl with the headscarf and whos number 5:confused:

Allow you man... its dead.. im bare alone like :frown: and please help me shut this stupid fool up called wi3ked
Reply 243
Yeah at UCL... they started this from new applications for 2012 entry that all courses require a gcse language its because they believe its important to have it due to globalisation.....

What grade are they expecting the language to be. I heard even an E is a pass to them or is that just A Levels?
Original post by rae_
What grade are they expecting the language to be. I heard even an E is a pass to them or is that just A Levels?

C or above. :smile:
Reply 245
Oh crap, yh theres that muslim girl with the headscarf and whos number 5:confused:

Allow you man... its dead.. im bare alone like :frown: and please help me shut this stupid fool up called wi3ked

On your own lolol, I've never heard of Woodhouse handing out unconditionals. Direct conditionals yeah, but not unconditionals.

And where you said unconditional evenings, I know people at college who've gone to direct offer evenings, not unconditional evenings. You might be wrong here :colonhash:

Also you can take a language GCSE externally while you're at sixth form, they might even teach you or let you sit the exams there.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 246
Original post by Wick3d
C or above. :smile:

Oh, gracias :biggrin:

And there's me thinking taking Spanish once a week was the worst decision I every made after taking GCSE Astronomy...
Original post by Wick3d
It isn't an unconditional offer if you are predicted all 10 A*s and you achieve 10 Cs, and then tell me what would the college do?

Unconditional offers are only ever handed out for students who already have their GCSE qualifications.

1. The college takes giving out unconditional offers seriously... they know when they are going to have a successful candidate as i know at my college no one has ever got a unconditional offer and did soo pooor.... so this must mean the college takes very good care in choosing these people.. plus as i said they call the current school they are attending to check there progress obviously if something were wrong it would show ... because once ur a high achiever it takes a lot to be dereailed

2.Yes they would still accept them... by law they have to as they have given a guranted place so they must provide for it otherwise face court action..

3. Where have you gotten this idea that they give offers to those who have gcse qualifications already, some schools do maths and english language early in year 10 but thats it... If you so much believe in your 'unconditional concept' then why can't you take it and accept that you are wrong and that some colleges do give out unconditionals... you havent seen nor heard of every college in the country let alone there admission system so you cant judge or say what you r sayin is right because quite clearly you r wrong
1. The college takes giving out unconditional offers seriously... they know when they are going to have a successful candidate as i know at my college no one has ever got a unconditional offer and did soo pooor.... so this must mean the college takes very good care in choosing these people.. plus as i said they call the current school they are attending to check there progress obviously if something were wrong it would show ... because once ur a high achiever it takes a lot to be dereailed

2.Yes they would still accept them... by law they have to as they have given a guranted place so they must provide for it otherwise face court action..

3. Where have you gotten this idea that they give offers to those who have gcse qualifications already, some schools do maths and english language early in year 10 but thats it... If you so much believe in your 'unconditional concept' then why can't you take it and accept that you are wrong and that some colleges do give out unconditionals... you havent seen nor heard of every college in the country let alone there admission system so you cant judge or say what you r sayin is right because quite clearly you r wrong

Listen to your friend, he speaks sense.

Night. I have exams to study for. :tongue:
Original post by rae_

E is a pass at a level loool
you need to pass the language gcse so u need a C... you can try to do it at woodhouse because i know they can possibly help you out
Original post by tooosh
On your own lolol, I've never heard of Woodhouse handing out unconditionals. Direct conditionals yeah, but not unconditionals.

And where you said unconditional evenings, I know people at college who've gone to direct offer evenings, not unconditional evenings. You might be wrong here :colonhash:

Also you can take a language GCSE externally while you're at sixth form, they might even teach you or let you sit the exams there.

Its the same thing man, the gilr that seats next to me got this unconditional/direct offers she got below her predictions kinda simpler to mine
Original post by Wick3d
Listen to your friend, he speaks sense.

Night. I have exams to study for. :tongue:

These direct offers are the same as unconditionals
Its the same thing man, the gilr that seats next to me got this unconditional/direct offers she got below her predictions kinda simpler to mine

I believe there is a difference between a direct and unconditional offer. :smile:
Reply 253
E is a pass at a level loool
you need to pass the language gcse so u need a C... you can try to do it at woodhouse because i know they can possibly help you out

Mkay.But you can only do Italian as an GCSE at woodhouse just as the website says.
Original post by Wick3d
I believe there is a difference between a direct and unconditional offer. :smile:

the direct offer is different from the conditional offer
and the direct offer gurantees a place at woodhouse which is the same as unconditional
Original post by rae_
Mkay.But you can only do Italian as an GCSE at woodhouse just as the website says.

:/ Then i guess thats your best options and i think you do that during your frees and afterschool.. Italian isnt bad otherwise you gotta do external learning
Reply 256
:/ Then i guess thats your best options and i think you do that during your frees and afterschool.. Italian isnt bad otherwise you gotta do external learning

It's okay. I already do Spanish :colondollar:
the direct offer is different from the conditional offer
and the direct offer gurantees a place at woodhouse which is the same as unconditional

No, a direct offer is an offer made without them interviewing you and them just looking at your grades. If you didn't make the offer they wouldn't accept you. Therefore a conditional offer. Obviously if you were predicted 10 A*s and got 8 instead they wouldn't care.

It is still a conditional offer as I have plenty of friends who got direct offers, and are currently attending Woodhouse. :smile:

So, what subjects are you studying?
Reply 258
Logically it doesn't make sense to be handing out unconditionals, especially when the conditionals are so low but it might be like that since such a low low amount of people get direct offers. Something like 20 iirc.
Original post by Wick3d
No, a direct offer is an offer made without them interviewing you and them just looking at your grades. If you didn't make the offer they wouldn't accept you. Therefore a conditional offer. Obviously if you were predicted 10 A*s and got 8 instead they wouldn't care.

It is still a conditional offer as I have plenty of friends who got direct offers, and are currently attending Woodhouse. :smile:

So, what subjects are you studying?

Trust people have got straight places....

Maths, further maths and economics in my last year
and woodhouse isnt allish, it has a great work atomsphere and teaching(depends) thats its

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending