The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2980
Enjoy! Let me know when you've got it so I can delete this before the copyright faeries come by...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by visesh
x
I love you. Thank you so much! :yy:
After being convinced Barts was it, and signing the acceptance letter and everything, Imperial offered me a place :woo: I don't like choices!!! So, Biomedical Engineering vs Surgery & Anaesthesia...?

Original post by lekky
if you have properly blonde hair (not just a ****load of highlights) you need to pre-dye it. best to go to a hairdresser :smile:

Ah. I'm blonde only through natural highlights. Gonna persuade my hairdresser friend to do it for free :tongue:
Reply 2983
Original post by Becca-Sarah
After being convinced Barts was it, and signing the acceptance letter and everything, Imperial offered me a place :woo: I don't like choices!!! So, Biomedical Engineering vs Surgery & Anaesthesia...?

Ah. I'm blonde only through natural highlights. Gonna persuade my hairdresser friend to do it for free :tongue:

Obviously Surgery & Anaesthesia!

I should have been a hairdresser really :tongue:
Congrats! Wasn't there only five external places allocated for that course too!? :eek:

The choice is yours. Go with your gut instincts I'd say! :p:
Original post by i'm no superman
Congrats! Wasn't there only five external places allocated for that course too!? :eek:

The choice is yours. Go with your gut instincts I'd say! :p:

Apparently so! And 55 applicants last year - maybe that scared everyone off this year and I had no competition? :tongue: Problem is I don't have a gut instinct cos the aim was simply a London iBSc, I wasn't convinced I'd get any offers nevermind two, and I have no ties to either Barts or Impy :dontknow:
Apparently so! And 55 applicants last year - maybe that scared everyone off this year and I had no competition? :tongue: Problem is I don't have a gut instinct cos the aim was simply a London iBSc, I wasn't convinced I'd get any offers nevermind two, and I have no ties to either Barts or Impy :dontknow:
Have a think about what you want to gain from your year away from medicine. If you want a year of learning a completely different field of medicine, I'd say go for biomedical engineering. However, there's no doubt doing surgery and anaesthesia will be beneficial in the long-run - it may perhaps strengthen any application you make should you wish to pursue that career path. Also, think about the area, costs and living expenses! :smile:
Reply 2987
Any English people know how much the student finance people are going to give me on monday? non-means tested
Becca Sarah - the Surg/Anaesth at Imperial is pretty much what it says on the tin - lots of anaesthesia in it - if that's what you want then grand. But if you're looking for a purely surgical thing you won't get what you want.
Reply 2989
Original post by lekky
Any English people know how much the student finance people are going to give me on monday? non-means tested

do we get money on monday? you made my day! my account is plunging down the minuses at the moment :frown:

if that's the case, then they'll give you all that's left of the amount you requested intially for this year, because the Easter payment is the last installment.
Original post by malaz_197

do we get money on monday? you made my day! my account is plunging down the minuses at the moment :frown:

if that's the case, then they'll give you all that's left of the amount you requested intially for this year, because the Easter payment is the last installment.

AFAIK the date is dependent on you and your term dates. I don't get my last installment until the 16th May :dontknow:
Original post by Philosoraptor
Becca Sarah - the Surg/Anaesth at Imperial is pretty much what it says on the tin - lots of anaesthesia in it - if that's what you want then grand. But if you're looking for a purely surgical thing you won't get what you want.

Ah, thanks. I spoke to a few students who'd done it at a conference recently, and the impression I got from them was that it was fairly general surgery based. I feel so much more sympathetic to all the pre-freshers trying to pick between medical schools now - I've visited both uni's, looked round the local areas, and still don't have a definite preference! Might be a coin flip decision...
Reply 2992

I start back on the 18th, depends when your term starts
Reply 2993
Ah, thanks. I spoke to a few students who'd done it at a conference recently, and the impression I got from them was that it was fairly general surgery based. I feel so much more sympathetic to all the pre-freshers trying to pick between medical schools now - I've visited both uni's, looked round the local areas, and still don't have a definite preference! Might be a coin flip decision...

It's not a bad idea because it tells you what you really want

e.g. if you get barts and feel relieved, you know to go there
if you get barts and feel a bit gutted, you know not to
Reply 2994
i tried to lock mhyself out of this site until after exams by changing my password to something I "wouldn't remember"
but I remembered
:frown:
Original post by lekky
i tried to lock mhyself out of this site until after exams by changing my password to something I "wouldn't remember"
but I remembered
:frown:

Are you doing work at 3.30 in the morning? Thats hardcore.
I might aswell not get my student loan.
Day i get it - 4 months house rent, tuition fees, gas and electric bill go out!
Im dreading this NHS bursary next year. I dont think im going to survive!
Reply 2996
Original post by lekky
I start back on the 18th, depends when your term starts

I see.. well lol at my life because we STILL haven't broken up for Easter!
I've had food poisoning all weekend :frown:, just about recovering now...thank you Loperimide.
I see.. well lol at my life because we STILL haven't broken up for Easter!

:eek:
I thought it was bad that I've only just broken up, but ouch!
Back in Wales albeit minus my desktop. Alas, I have my netbook.

Only to discover I'm about 5-10 FPS shy of a playable CSS. Time to tweak into the early hours of the morning :colone:

Latest

Trending

Trending