The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
The radio trailer has just revealed what the Silents sounds like. It also sort of discounts our theory of 'fall' meaning their defeat since they're the ones saying it. It's not the same voice as we heard in the Tardis, that was sharper and cackling. :holmes:

Two trailers combined into one. The Silents speak :colone:

Is it just me, or are they using the s4 theme tune at the end of those trailers?
Reply 7621
Original post by Cheesegrater

2.75 from tesco for the egg and mug - Surely the overdraft can stretch to that? :smile:

:teeth:

I don't think they have any in the tesco near me though :sad:
I wonder if they'll have them in the small tesco :beard:

If not, I might have some massive procrastination time and go for a walk up to huge Tesco. (Just to show my dedication, it's about 3 miles away)
Original post by Evil Monkey
I hadn't noticed that first time round, he better not have! I like the whee-whooo-whee-whooo noise!

Original post by Dinendal Leralonde
The way the Tardis materialises...D'ya think the Doctor's learned how to fly her properly, and taken the handbrake off? :p:

I believe either River's flying it (as seems likely from one of the clips that was released) or it's already in the Oval Office - just cloaked (seems less likely).

Original post by aaran-j
Is it just me, or are they using the s4 theme tune at the end of those trailers?

It actually does sound like they are XD

Reply 7623
2.75 from tesco for the egg and mug - Surely the overdraft can stretch to that? :smile:

I'm so getting one of them :laugh: I'm also currently debating buying a large inflatable Dalek for my room/house next year :grin:
Original post by Aula
:teeth:

I don't think they have any in the tesco near me though :sad:
I wonder if they'll have them in the small tesco :beard:

If not, I might have some massive procrastination time and go for a walk up to huge Tesco. (Just to show my dedication, it's about 3 miles away)

Don't give me any ideas.

The small Tesco is only about half a mile away and I'll be going there later on but the big Tesco is about 6 miles away or a bus ride that costs twice the price of the easter egg. :s-smilie:
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde
The way the Tardis materialises...D'ya think the Doctor's learned how to fly her properly, and taken the handbrake off? :p:

This is what I thought too. The way it materialises instantly is like how River done it in the Angels two parter. It made one little noise (like a deep bell) and materialised. And since this is River's past - this could be the Doctor teaching her how to land it silently - maybe they are trying to sneak into the Oval office or check it out before they materialise properly.

:holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Evil Monkey
I hadn't noticed that first time round, he better not have! I like the whee-whooo-whee-whooo noise!

Reply 7627
Okay, I'm going off to Tesco. I blame all of you :hmmm:
I went to the small Tesco and they didn't have it, although they did have a Toy Story easter egg but it just wasn't what I wanted. :sad:
Original post by sleekchic
I went to the small Tesco and they didn't have it, although they did have a Toy Story easter egg but it just wasn't what I wanted. :sad:

there, there :console:

They'll materialise sooner or later. :console:
My nearest Tesco is a Tesco Express, and they do barely anything. Doubtful they'll do Easter Eggs :frown: And I wont be near a proper one until I go back to uni - the day before the Royal Wedding :frown:
io9 has some absolutely amazing Doctor Who T-shirts on display :coma:

I've had to give my gf my debit card so i don't go nuts!

http://io9.com/#!5792276/the-coolest-doctor-who-t+shirts-in-the-space+time-continuum/gallery/1

My favourite has to be:
Original post by cambo211

http://io9.com/#!5792276/the-coolest-doctor-who-t+shirts-in-the-space+time-continuum/gallery/1

My favourite has to be:

That's pretty cool.

I really want this. http://qwertee.com/product/procrastinate/
Original post by cambo211

My favourite has to be:

I disagree with the mixing of two references from different sources.

That's pretty cool.

I really want this. http://qwertee.com/product/procrastinate/

Got it.

Last year I got the eggs and mug in B+M about a month after easter for 19p!
Original post by LastLordofTime
I disagree with the mixing of two references from different sources.

Got it.

What's the quality like? Also how's the sizing ie is it too big/too small for whatever size you got?
I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but this is what The Silence will look like. I like it that they're going to try and make The Silence an iconic villain.

Spoiler

Already been posted but that pic is a lot more detailed, slightly scary too. And I'm pretty sure they have a mouth, they can speak.

Not sure if the above is detailed enough for a spoiler or not.

Also they wear suits. Just how awesome are they?
What's the quality like? Also how's the sizing ie is it too big/too small for whatever size you got?

It hasn't arrived yet :frown: Was apparently dispatched on Thursday (although we haven't had a dispatch email) so I'm guessing it'll come early next week. The reason they're so cheap is probably 'cause they send all of them at the same time. So yeah, I'll post about it when I actually have it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending