The Student Room Group

Woodhouse college!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rae_
It's okay. I already do Spanish :colondollar:

lucky :frown:
Reply 261
Original post by Wick3d
Firstly there is a difference between a college and university, and no university does that. Your friend, or you are lying.

I'm not gonna lie, your actually so stupid.
Reply 262
Hello? Is it possible to add more options if you phone up the school to make yourself more flexible?
Reply 263
Original post by Wick3d
That isn't relevant to the thread.

Yes you can come up with the argument "You are only writing this because you didn't get in," I'm not criticising Woodhouse at all, just pointing out the fact. As many people who attend and even the staff who interview the students say it themselves, a lot of people get placed on the waiting list due to a lot of students who get conditional offers declining their offers and going to better colleges and sixth forms.

Look mate, i'm not going to embarrass you, because you've embarrassed yourself enough, but someone has said that they have received an UNCONDITIONAL not conditional, UNCONDITIONAL offer. Who should we believe? not you.

Your right about the waiting list, i am one of those who have it as a back-up, but obviously i should naturally feel guilty about all the people who want places so badly and i, myself am holding it in case anything goes wrong.

However, everything else you said is complete crap unless you are the headmaster? or your mum is the head of admissions there?
then you raise a valid argument, but i'm guessing not.

You are trying to slate the college, no one knows why, maybe you want your school to get as much attention, or you didn't get a place, only you know why, but people have worked hard to get there or the waiting list, so don't take it out on them....

Excluding me because i just turned up for the interview, which was fun
Reply 264
Original post by Coleshill
Hello? Is it possible to add more options if you phone up the school to make yourself more flexible?

I dunno, i just want to get rid of the italian gcse and the 6th as level they forced onto me incase i do have to go there.

So i need to know this too, you can have an acounting A level and an Italian gcse if you want?
Free of charge
Original post by the don
I'm not gonna lie, your actually so stupid.

"You're"

Yeah, I'm stupid. :rolleyes:
Original post by the don
You are trying to slate the college, no one knows why, maybe you want your school to get as much attention, or you didn't get a place, only you know why, but people have worked hard to get there or the waiting list, so don't take it out on them....

How am I trying to slate the college? I have nothing against the college, I'm just saying it isn't an unconditional offer, it is a direct offer which is different. Gosh.
Reply 267
Original post by Wick3d
"You're"

Yeah, I'm stupid. :rolleyes:

well at least you admitted it, good for you.
Original post by Iqbal007
Yeah thats right you dumbass they give out letters saying unconditional and invited them to an event called 'unconditional evening' which were all over my school building it just happened to be a a mistake which has been made continously since woodhouse college was created.................¬¬ You SIR noooooo nothing about woodhouse college, nor its principles and you have no clue how everything works soo shut up . They would clearly give offers to high achieving students with very high predictions and which the college has called there school up and to check on there progress ..............

That 'unconditional evening' was actually a 'direct offer evening', they were given conditional offers without interviews.
1. The college takes giving out unconditional offers seriously... they know when they are going to have a successful candidate as i know at my college no one has ever got a unconditional offer and did soo pooor.... so this must mean the college takes very good care in choosing these people.. plus as i said they call the current school they are attending to check there progress obviously if something were wrong it would show ... because once ur a high achiever it takes a lot to be dereailed

2.Yes they would still accept them... by law they have to as they have given a guranted place so they must provide for it otherwise face court action..

3. Where have you gotten this idea that they give offers to those who have gcse qualifications already, some schools do maths and english language early in year 10 but thats it... If you so much believe in your 'unconditional concept' then why can't you take it and accept that you are wrong and that some colleges do give out unconditionals... you havent seen nor heard of every college in the country let alone there admission system so you cant judge or say what you r sayin is right because quite clearly you r wrong

I believe that's his point. Unconditionals are given for university usually after a students takes a gap year, it doesn't happen for college unless for some reason a student has taken their GCSEs early.
Reply 270
Original post by nerdfighter28
I believe that's his point. Unconditionals are given for university usually after a students takes a gap year, it doesn't happen for college unless for some reason a student has taken their GCSEs early.

HEY :smile: I got waiting list lol :tongue:
So unfortuanately i continued the trend of waiting list offers... Does anyone know what there plan is??? there is 550 places and out of about 15 people I knw (with all gd grades) only 1 got conditional?? What are out chances of getting in now? Is it just a matter of subject choices or is it depended on doing better than out predicted grades 2 get it??

You my friend speak a lot of sense. :smile:
Original post by the don
well at least you admitted it, good for you.

Would you like me to write "sarcasm intended" the next time I make a sarcastic comment?
Original post by Bavsterx1495
So unfortuanately i continued the trend of waiting list offers... Does anyone know what there plan is??? there is 550 places and out of about 15 people I knw (with all gd grades) only 1 got conditional?? What are out chances of getting in now? Is it just a matter of subject choices or is it depended on doing better than out predicted grades 2 get it??

Sorry to say it happens a lot, even happened at mine there was probably 30+ app but 4 people got in and 2 waiting list of which 1 went to woodhouse...
You can still get in as long as you get the gd grades and it does depend on your subject course especially if there the competitive e.g. chemistry, etc
Just make sure you get to woodhpise straight after you get your results :smile:
Original post by Coleshill

Well you can try, but the best option you can do is talk to them once you get in because everyone changes some of there courses during the first few weeks so spaces open up :smile:
Original post by the don
I dunno, i just want to get rid of the italian gcse and the 6th as level they forced onto me incase i do have to go there.

So i need to know this too, you can have an acounting A level and an Italian gcse if you want?
Free of charge

You can drop it once you get there but you need a language gcse to go UCL.... Woodhouse never has given the option of 6 AS subjects only goes upto 5 AS per student but its only for the smartest students..... Plus 6 AS doesn't fit in with the school timetavle because it would mean you got to do it afterschool...

You can maybe.... plus lessons are weird mondays and thursday people finish at 4:30 plus you got enrichment on wednesdays

Actually my mate got 3 100% AS and if he applied to a crappy uni eg middlesex he would get in :tongue:
Reply 278

Or if you score exceptionally in your AS, they will be sure you will meet the entry requirements. But maybe your right.

My friend in sixth form however is in year 13, when he should be in year 12, he has a photographic memory, achieved 12 A*s, and is probs gonna get 4A*, 1A at A level, so i wouldn't be surprised if he got one.

Everyone in state schools take there Maths in like year 9 and get A*s lol so i wouldn't be surprised if they get unconditional offers/
Reply 279
You can drop it once you get there but you need a language gcse to go UCL.... Woodhouse never has given the option of 6 AS subjects only goes upto 5 AS per student but its only for the smartest students..... Plus 6 AS doesn't fit in with the school timetavle because it would mean you got to do it afterschool...

You can maybe.... plus lessons are weird mondays and thursday people finish at 4:30 plus you got enrichment on wednesdays

I'm already doing two languages; French and Latin. But i had to drop Greek, was the weakest in my set.

It was an Applied A level, i swear thats sort of the same thing though?

To be honest, how would i be able to get into a decent university if i went to Woodhouse? In my current school, most people go to amazing universitys, but my parents just can't hack 4 Childrens school fees.

So thats the only real thing im worried about and thats why its my "incase".

Do many people go onto likes of KCL or Warwick?

Quick Reply

Latest