The Student Room Group

There is no excuse to be unemployed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by WelshBluebird
OP = Idiot.
500k vacancies
2.5 million unemployed.
So OP, how do the remaining 2 million get jobs?

Then why isn't it 2 million unemployed rather than 2.5 million?

And the other 2 million can make their own jobs. What about dog walking? What about car washing?
Original post by Lassilsa

And the other 2 million can make their own jobs. What about dog walking? What about car washing?

I find it really funny when you right wingers make that arguement the 'car washing or dog walking' how are they supposed to make enough to live on by doing that?
Reply 122
Original post by Left Hand Drive
I find it really funny when you right wingers make that arguement the 'car washing or dog walking' how are they supposed to make enough to live on by doing that?

I would find it funny, if it weren't so offensive, that you lefties think that it's ethical to rob hard-workers such as myself to buy drugs for people on JSA.

lol. You really don't have a clue about the real world do you.

1 - Are you really suggesting that casual dog walking or car washing will pay the rent / bills?

2 - Surely you must understand that there is only a certain demand for those services, and that demand is probably satisfied in most areas? (hence why there aren't new "dog walking" start ups over the country)

I would find it funny, if it weren't so offensive, that you lefties think that it's ethical to rob hard-workers such as myself to buy drugs for people on JSA.

You do realise that most people on JSA are not druggies and used to be / want to be hard workers?
Reply 124
Original post by WelshBluebird
lol. You really don't have a clue about the real world do you.

1 - Are you really suggesting that casual dog walking or car washing will pay the rent / bills?

2 - Surely you must understand that there is only a certain demand for those services, and that demand is probably satisfied in most areas? (hence why there aren't new "dog walking" start ups over the country)

You do realise that most people on JSA are not druggies and used to be / want to be hard workers?

There are still HALF A MILLION unemployed people for whom there are vacancies crying out.
Reply 125
There are still HALF A MILLION unemployed people for whom there are vacancies crying out.

I'd have thought this was blatantly obvious, but you do understand that these vacancies aren't static, right? That when one job vacancy is opened, another is filled; as one person gains employment, another is made redundant? There isn't one continuum where the same people are unemployed and the same jobs remain open indefinitely.

I think you're living in a dream land.
You go walk your neighbour's dogs and see how much you can make... Definitely not enough for a living.
"Make your own jobs"... wtf is wrong with your brain?
Original post by Emaemmaemily
I think you're living in a dream land.
You go walk your neighbour's dogs and see how much you can make... Definitely not enough for a living.
"Make your own jobs"... wtf is wrong with your brain?

+1 There is a problem with the OPs brain. Its the only reason someone could have that mode of thinking. To actualy have that mode of thinking you cannot be very smart!
Reply 128

A very stupid statement.

A few seconds thought and it would be obvious that the problem is these jobs are not in the places where people are needing job, some jobs need skills and experience that unemployed people in the area do not have and some jobs do not pay enough to make it worthwhile to do them.

I think there should be an IQ test and a common sense test before people can join TSR to weed out the dense and the ignorant.
I want peanuts :coma:

And Erm, if there were any job vacancies at this moment in time, I could have one... But no.
What the OP doesn't seem to understand is that these vacancies don't stay the same. It's not a constant of all the same people being unemployed and all of the same jobs being vacant forever... A position gets filled, and another one opens elsewhere.
Some of the unemployed people manage to fill these spots... But we're in a very difficult climate, with people still being laid off. If you don't have the right skills/qualifications for the job, you can't fill the spot.

I'm sorry but where the hell are you from? Idiot-Land?

Next few years it will get worse.... But oh of course, after I finish my degree ICANN pay off my loan with money I get from the AWESOME idea you just gave us. Moron much?
Original post by humble_bumble
I'm sorry but where the hell are you from? Idiot-Land?

Idiot-land, lol.
Reply 133
On the news there was a man saying, 'the foreigners work for peanuts'. But they can only for minimum wage ffs, which the last time I checked was hardly peanuts.

These British people need a good kick up the backside to get a job.

:biggrin:

Your an ignorant fool. I've been looking for work all year, and only just got a couple of job offers - I was beginning to wish I hadn't given up my job to go to uni last September!
I would have worked for minimum wage but I still couldn't find anything - so I did VOLUNTEER WORK for FREE.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 134
Yeah, after all it's quite impossible to walk down the street these days without being inundated with job offers...
Original post by Jimbo1234
No, what I mean is in a geographical sense.
Draw a line above London. Above the line there are no jobs, below it there are jobs.

Then what you essentially mean is 'yes' then.
What jobs? I'm over here in the states and I can say the same thing that lot of you guys are saying across the seas. It isn't just the fact that people are lazy; if companies were hiring I"m sure we'd all have one.
Original post by Reflexive
Idiot-land, lol.

My witty brain wasn't turned on :frown: so it had to be the obvious Lool xD
Original post by humble_bumble
My witty brain wasn't turned on :frown: so it had to be the obvious Lool xD

That's why it was funny :wink:
Reply 139
I wanted to do dog walking when I was 24-25. Turns out that a) no-one was interested in my services b) it would be classed as self-employed and would cause me financial problems no end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending