The Student Room Group

why is human life so cheap in modern britain?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BluntForce
Yes you're right, females are usually ruled by emotion not logic; therefore it is unlikely we would share the same morals.

So you had to ruin an intellectual debate and try to insult me? Females are not "ruled by emotion", everything I argue is to do with a combination or logic and personal morals just like you.
Original post by Emaemmaemily
So you had to ruin an intellectual debate and try to insult me? Females are not "ruled by emotion", everything I argue is to do with a combination or logic and personal morals just like you.

I didn't insult you. I am just very aware how women form their opinions, which influences how much I value their opinions.
I didn't insult you. I am just very aware how women form their opinions, which influences how much I value their opinions.

You know nothing about me or how I form my opinions, therefore assuming I do so in a certain way is just stupidity on your part. You can't generalise an entire gender as all the same.
But you know all of this, you're just trying to start an argument when there was no reason to. We both discussed our opinions (and I'm sure some facts too), and hit a dead end on our difference in morality.
You know nothing about me or how I form my opinions, therefore assuming I do so in a certain way is just stupidity on your part. You can't generalise an entire gender as all the same.
But you know all of this, you're just trying to start an argument when there was no reason to. We both discussed our opinions (and I'm sure some facts too), and hit a dead end on our difference in morality.

Well I know you study music; this confirms my opinion that your decisions are ruled by emotion rather than logic.

Why else would you study a course which involves a significant investment with almost no return. Good luck being a HR girl :wink:
Well I know you study music; this confirms my opinion that your decisions are ruled by emotion rather than logic.

Why else would you study a course which involves a significant investment with almost no return. Good luck being a HR girl :wink:

Clearly you know nothing about Music, or how huge the music industry is?
Thought not.
Good luck being a moron... If you fail to respect women, then you won't find a decent one to love you. But that's neither here nore there... Clearly the actual debate is over, good bye.
Reply 305
Thought not.
Good luck being a moron... If you fail to respect women, then you won't find a decent one to love you. But that's neither here nore there... Clearly the actual debate is over, good bye.

You speak very eloquently. Sorry if that sounds creepy, I was following your debate and it was admirable.
Original post by swebber
You speak very eloquently. Sorry if that sounds creepy, I was following your debate and it was admirable.

Really? Well I try to make myself clear, especially when debating because you want to get your point across.
I certainly don't speak the same as I type though.
Reply 307
Really? Well I try to make myself clear, especially when debating because you want to get your point across.
I certainly don't speak the same as I type though.

Yes; I was worried you would flip out or lose restraint as towards the end the person rather disrespected you. Most people would have started insulting back and acted petty. I was just pleased and surprised that you were able to tell him off so well without losing your own dignity. Kudos :smile:
Reply 308
I think there should be a death sentence for the people on here who seriously want the return of public executions; for the crime of pissing me off.
Thought not.

I am aware of that, I am also aware of the huge competition for the limited number of jobs in that field. Therefore my opinion on people who study music is that they studied a course they think would be fun because they are ruled by emotion.

I think you will find I am much smarter than you. I don't need a woman to love me; regardless I don't have problems with women.
Original post by swebber
Yes; I was worried you would flip out or lose restraint as towards the end the person rather disrespected you. Most people would have started insulting back and acted petty. I was just pleased and surprised that you were able to tell him off so well without losing your own dignity. Kudos :smile:

LOL.
Well I did have a little dig at the end there, but what I mainly realise is there's no need to "lose your cool" if you're in the right and the other person is just being stupid (eg, making insults based on no facts).

Would you like to discuss the issue of the death penalty? :smile:
I am aware of that, I am also aware of the huge competition for the limited number of jobs in that field. Therefore my opinion on people who study music is that they studied a course they think would be fun because they are ruled by emotion.

I think you will find I am much smarter than you. I don't need a woman to love me; regardless I don't have problems with women.

It's not as bad as you think, it depends what part of the industry you are aiming for.

I didn't study music because it's "fun", another stupid assumption.
You think you're much smarter than me? HA! You're full of assumptions based on no evidence that make you feel good.
Reply 312
Hardened criminals should run in shifts on large hamster wheels as a new form of renewable energy.
We don't need to kill anyone; rather, the problem is more stopping so many people being born. But that's another story....
The liberal minority in the UK have decided that crime should be punished with weak sentences. I personally believe a murder should equal a minimum of 40 years in jail.

Why? What if within 20 years they have become totally rehabilitated, and are only the same danger to the public as anyone else on the street is, would you require them to stay for a further 20 years, when doing so helps literally no one?
Reply 314
LOL.
Well I did have a little dig at the end there, but what I mainly realise is there's no need to "lose your cool" if you're in the right and the other person is just being stupid (eg, making insults based on no facts).

Would you like to discuss the issue of the death penalty? :smile:

I'd love to, but I'm afraid I already agree with you. The point of the law is to protect society, not to punish it. Does it matter if a murderer is happy and content locked away in his/her jail cell, so long as he/she isn't harming anyone else? Killing is beyond question. Nevermind the "two wrongs don't make a right", the main point is that no person has the right to take the life of another.
Original post by swebber
I'd love to, but I'm afraid I already agree with you. The point of the law is to protect society, not to punish it. Does it matter if a murderer is happy and content locked away in his/her jail cell, so long as he/she isn't harming anyone else? Killing is beyond question. Nevermind the "two wrongs don't make a right", the main point is that no person has the right to take the life of another.

Ah, I see our issue of already agreeing :/
Original post by swebber

She did insult me. She claimed I would end up alone because no woman could love a man like me. That is quite an emotionally charged insult and quite vicious I might add.
She did insult me. She claimed I would end up alone because no woman could love a man like me. That is quite an emotionally charged insult and quite vicious I might add.

I already admitted to a dig at the end... But it was actually based on facts. That most women in today's society won't take kindly to ridiculous views of them, including that their opinions are not valid simply because of their gender.
Definitely not vicious, or emotional.
Reply 318

True. I could say that you had it coming to you after degrading the worth of her values, but I'll let it rest. No harm meant :smile:
It's not as bad as you think, it depends what part of the industry you are aiming for.

I didn't study music because it's "fun", another stupid assumption.
You think you're much smarter than me? HA! You're full of assumptions based on no evidence that make you feel good.

I would consider the complexity of the courses we study as evidence. You study music, I study mechanical engineering at a top ten ranked university. I'd imagine you have very weak mathematics and science. Although I'm sure your itunes list is arranged very well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending