Your mom is so good!!
We did maths:colone:

Terrible Joke
Reply 43
Original post by Limitless
Terrible Joke

:smile:
Original post by Scaramouche11
My dad had sex with one of my teachers too.

I haven't looked at Mr. Jones in the same way since :frown:

Haha! :tongue:
Original post by lemonandlime2011
Haha! :tongue:

I wish it was a joke....:wink:

Seriously though, OP, my friend's mum is dating one of his ex-teachers and they get along really well now, even though he wasn't too happy about it at first :smile:
Reply 46
I wish it was a joke....:wink:

Seriously though, OP, my friend's mum is dating one of his ex-teachers and they get along really well now, even though he wasn't too happy about it at first :smile:

I do think we'd get on well, I guess it's just the initial awkwardness. I'm going out tonight, so he's going round hers for food which means that, if nothing has happened already, it probably will tonight. I suppose that it's not actually her that I have a problem with, maybe it's just the fact that he's in a relationship? :confused:

It's not like I want him to get back with my mum. It really wouldn't work and I don't think I could live in the same house as her again because she's put me through so much in the past.

Oh well, maybe it'll be good to have a woman around who I can actually look up to!
Original post by Anonymous
I do think we'd get on well, I guess it's just the initial awkwardness. I'm going out tonight, so he's going round hers for food which means that, if nothing has happened already, it probably will tonight. I suppose that it's not actually her that I have a problem with, maybe it's just the fact that he's in a relationship? :confused:

It's not like I want him to get back with my mum. It really wouldn't work and I don't think I could live in the same house as her again because she's put me through so much in the past.

Oh well, maybe it'll be good to have a woman around who I can actually look up to!

Hope you're enjoying your night out! :smile:

...and your dad is too :wink:
Hope you're enjoying your night out! :smile:

...and your dad is too :wink:

Nice! :tongue:
Bit of an awkward situation really...

I'm sorry to sound a bit rude but you're going to have to get over the awkwardness. Stopping your dad from being happy would be selfish and of course it would be hard, I can't imagine being in that situation but not everythings going to perfect. Explain to your dad that you do feel awkward but if he really likes her then you're willing to work at it, it may take a while for it not to be awkward but you'll get there hopefully.
Reply 50
he sounds like a bit of a lad
Original post by pastry
he sounds like a bit of a lad

DadLAD :wink:
Reply 52
Thanks for all your replies :smile:

Looks like they're serious about each other now!

My mum walked out on my dad almost 10 years ago, when I was only 8. I lived with her until I started secondary school, when I decided that I wanted to live my dad, and I haven't had much contact with her since then as she has a whole host of problems (I'd rather not get into that on here...)

Since they split up, my dad has only had 1 serious relationship and I think he misses having a girlfriend.

Last November, he went for a drink with a woman he'd met through a mutual friend. They got on really well but, when they started talking about their jobs, he realised that she was actually my maths teacher. They decided that it would be awkward for me if they were anything more than friends and so they didn't meet up for a while.

In February half-term, they bumped into each other in the pub and started talking. They swapped numbers and have met up a few times since. I don't really like to ask him about but he's told me that they've kissed and that's as far as it has gone.

Now he's saying that he really likes her and would like to date her on a more serious basis but doesn't want to do anything that I'm uncomfortable with. Apparently she has said the same thing.

We've never mentioned it in school. I get on well with her and she's always been one of my favourite teachers as she's taught me all the way through, from Year 7 to Year 13. I'm leaving to go to university in September and so she wouldn't be my teacher anymore.

When I leave home, my dad will be living on his own. He should be able to date anyone he wants, so why do I feel so awkward about this? It's not as if I'd have to be around them all the time. I wouldn't even have to be aware of what's going on between them.

I suppose it's the thought of my dad having sex with her that's making me feel so uncomfortable. Also, if things got more serious, I couldn't imagine her knowing everything about me and living with her when I'm at home.

I know I'm over-thinking this and it may not work out, but I just want some advice as to what I could do to feel less awkward? Do you think I should have a chat with her and pretend that I'm totally ok with her dating my dad, just so that it's not as awkward between us when they do start dating?

Anyone been in a similar situation? How has it worked out?

(BTW, I think they'd make a great couple, which I why I think that they could become very serious. They have a lot in common and are both genuinely lovely people, so I wouldn't be surprised if it lasted for years rather than months...and so this is why I'm thinking ahead :smile:)

TL;DR - my dad wants to get more 'serious' with my teacher. I'm leaving home soon, so I wouldn't be around much - it's just the thought of them 'together' that makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. Any advice?

Expect your grades to be raised!
Thanks for all your replies :smile:

Looks like they're serious about each other now!

Aww, that's nice :smile:
Reply 55
Aww, that's nice :smile:

Good use of anon there :rolleyes:
I can understand why it would be awkward but surely you'd get used to it after time? Being at University means that you won't see either of them very much and I take it you want your Dad to be happy? No one would want their Dad to be having sex with their teacher in an ideal world, but people can't help their feelings.
Reply 57

My mum walked out on my dad almost 10 years ago, when I was only 8. I lived with her until I started secondary school, when I decided that I wanted to live my dad, and I haven't had much contact with her since then as she has a whole host of problems (I'd rather not get into that on here...)

Since they split up, my dad has only had 1 serious relationship and I think he misses having a girlfriend.

Last November, he went for a drink with a woman he'd met through a mutual friend. They got on really well but, when they started talking about their jobs, he realised that she was actually my maths teacher. They decided that it would be awkward for me if they were anything more than friends and so they didn't meet up for a while.

In February half-term, they bumped into each other in the pub and started talking. They swapped numbers and have met up a few times since. I don't really like to ask him about but he's told me that they've kissed and that's as far as it has gone.

Now he's saying that he really likes her and would like to date her on a more serious basis but doesn't want to do anything that I'm uncomfortable with. Apparently she has said the same thing.

We've never mentioned it in school. I get on well with her and she's always been one of my favourite teachers as she's taught me all the way through, from Year 7 to Year 13. I'm leaving to go to university in September and so she wouldn't be my teacher anymore.

When I leave home, my dad will be living on his own. He should be able to date anyone he wants, so why do I feel so awkward about this? It's not as if I'd have to be around them all the time. I wouldn't even have to be aware of what's going on between them.

I suppose it's the thought of my dad having sex with her that's making me feel so uncomfortable. Also, if things got more serious, I couldn't imagine her knowing everything about me and living with her when I'm at home.

I know I'm over-thinking this and it may not work out, but I just want some advice as to what I could do to feel less awkward? Do you think I should have a chat with her and pretend that I'm totally ok with her dating my dad, just so that it's not as awkward between us when they do start dating?

Anyone been in a similar situation? How has it worked out?

(BTW, I think they'd make a great couple, which I why I think that they could become very serious. They have a lot in common and are both genuinely lovely people, so I wouldn't be surprised if it lasted for years rather than months...and so this is why I'm thinking ahead :smile:)

TL;DR - my dad wants to get more 'serious' with my teacher. I'm leaving home soon, so I wouldn't be around much - it's just the thought of them 'together' that makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. Any advice?

Manipulate your teacher.
Original post by animalnitrate
I can understand why it would be awkward but surely you'd get used to it after time? Being at University means that you won't see either of them very much and I take it you want your Dad to be happy? No one would want their Dad to be having sex with their teacher in an ideal world, but people can't help their feelings.

I'd have an amazing amount of respect for my dad is he slept with one my former teachers :teehee:
Reply 59
Just wondering how this all worked out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending