The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by funkyfish08
That is why I have works number saved in all of my phones so unless I'm interested in overtime I just ignore their calls, they can talk to me when I'm next in. Also once I stopped answering my phone each time they rang, they rarely ring me now.

I did that when I worked there but the supervisor that kept doing it just witheld the number when she called. She was useless this supervisor though, no idea why they got her to do the schedules, and she had lots of complaints to head office from customers about her yet they never did anything about her. Used to phone every Friday morning when I would be at Uni, asking me if I can come in earlier that afternoon - when she would have been on the same shift as me the Wednesday before hand. I understand that you can sometimes need staff at the last minute but not every Friday without fail.

Now the store has shut for refurbishment and she is now a checkout operator at Morrisons, I take great pleasure at seeing her stuck on a checkout as she used to do everything she could to stay off a checkout even when we were busy and there were too many supervisors in.
i never answer my phone when they ring lol. also if they ask for overtime and i dont want to i say i cant
Reply 8142
Original post by HKDSP
I hate it when the put you on the spot and ask you for overtime though, especially when the manager asks.

the amount of times I've said my cars booked for a MOT and i can't stay is unreal lol :colondollar:
Got the ball rolling transfer wise. The girl in HR said to check back next Saturday to see if they had managed to sort anything. If they can, great. If they can't, great [cause then I can quit lol]. :smile:

Not had a bad day, just a hectic one. Got called off my break twice, after working 6 hours before getting it. The supervisor who called me back did apologise but it is still a bit annoying. Plus, I ended up working an extra 20 minutes after my shift because we were busy. It kinda bugs me that such 'overtime' is unpaid although I can understand why... Still, home now. Time to chill. :smile:
Reply 8144
I really wanna quit but i don't know how I should go about telling them.
Anyone know how long you have to work at sainsburys before they pay you when you are sick? 6 months?
I've managed to sort out my transfer, although I was given the impression that it's pretty difficult to get a transfer etc. Personally, the store I wanted did want someone so they were happy to take me on and worked out pretty well though I have no idea what actually working there will be like!
Today it was my last day at my original store and since I don't talk to anyone, barely anyone knew that I was leaving and nor did they care. I found it a bit awkward what to do in terms of 'leaving' because technically I'm not leaving the company, so I didn't know what to do, and in the end, just did nothing, just randomly left.. I wonder if anyone will notice.
Plus, they weren't really clear on what I need to do when I start at the new store, but I'm just really hoping things at this store will be nicer and that I can be a bit more chatty with 'colleagues'.
how do you do mobile top ups? felt rather lost today when asked, luckily the customer said it wasn't too important.
Original post by swarfliam
how do you do mobile top ups? felt rather lost today when asked, luckily the customer said it wasn't too important.

On the scanning mode go onto PLU groups and press the more bottom I think 2 or 3 times and it will give a list of different EV(E-Vouchers) or an option to top up the mobile phone card
Does anyone know when we get our bonus? i'm hoping it's this Friday when we get paid!!! :smile:
Original post by swarfliam

As said, it is in the PLU menu. A few pages down. You can top up in set increments eg, £10, £15. When you process that, the customer will get a separate receipt which has a code on it for their top-up. :smile:

If the customer has a top-up card, in the normal sale mode, you can just swipe the card. Then you pick how much they want to top it up by. :smile:
Reply 8151
Original post by Sir_Malc
Anyone know how long you have to work at sainsburys before they pay you when you are sick? 6 months?

Sorry, but its 2 years.

Edit: Thats from day one of your sickness. I don't know the period of the 3 day waiting rule.
Any advice for boosting IPM? I'm currently averaging about 1 / 2 items under and have been given two weeks to get it up by one of my department managers.
Original post by KatrinaLou
Any advice for boosting IPM? I'm currently averaging about 1 / 2 items under and have been given two weeks to get it up by one of my department managers.

I Got my IPM from about 18 to avg of 22 each week now with a few things
- if during a transaction you have to stop scanning press quantity
- if there is ever a gap between serving people sign out , quantity only slows IPM.
- if your store still has a conveyor belt in the packing area keep it on all the time unless someone asks you to switch it off
- Learn PLU codes- I can pretty much do any common fruit/veg without going through the slow menu system.

Hope this helps! Tbh tho, loads of people in my store have ipms of like 15 and no one cares
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by chrissie-36
Does anyone know when we get our bonus? i'm hoping it's this Friday when we get paid!!! :smile:

If your getting a bonus it will be the 20th May.
There is a new store opening and i'm interesting in apply for a Team Leader position. I'm currently a customer Service assistant. I contacted the HR manager of the new store who said to apply online but it wouldn't let me, then i contacted central HR who said it has to be done internally. I'm unsure as the procedure for applying for a Team Leader internally. Would i need to have another interview? Would i need to leave my job in my current store in order to apply for the new store role. I'd only be interested in a management position so i wouldn't transfer just to do my old job. Anyone knows how this works?
Can I just ask a few questions here as I have only been in my job for a few weeks so am still in my probation period and some people are telling me to do things that it isn't really my job to do (ie reducing certain things that takes up a good 20-25 minutes when it isn't my job to do it, it should be whoever is behind the counter) and then I am getting moaned at for not being able to work a few rollers before the night staff come in, which I could do if I wasn't doing all of these reductions that should really be up to the person behind the counter.

As well as that I saw yesterday that there were big massive empty gaps on some of our shelves. My manager told me that on my day off someone messed up the FOA and asked me to redo it, which I did and he thanked me. So just out of interest I asked the deputy manager last night if it was anything to do with me that there were all of these gaps and he told me not to worry but it was as I'd messed up the FOA. I thought maybe I'd messed up the one the night my manager asked me to do it but then he mentioned it was on a day when I wasn't in, so I told him I wasn't in that day and he said sorry and said it couldn't be my fault. What worries me though is my manager has spoken to him a fair bit so I don't know why he was under the impression that it was my fault, unless my manager didn't explain to him and he just thought it was me or if my manager or someone else did say it was me for some reason.

Now the thing is who would I explain all of this to? I don't want to look as though I'm going behind anyone's back but at the end of the day if people are under certain impressions that I'm not getting things done (without knowing I'm having to do other jobs that I shouldn't have to do as well) and they think I've messed up when it was someone else's fault not mine then that's going to have a big effect on my probation period.
There's a sign up in my store now saying that we're getting paid on Thursday 21st :smile:
Original post by The Narrator
Can I just ask a few questions here as I have only been in my job for a few weeks so am still in my probation period and some people are telling me to do things that it isn't really my job to do (ie reducing certain things that takes up a good 20-25 minutes when it isn't my job to do it, it should be whoever is behind the counter) and then I am getting moaned at for not being able to work a few rollers before the night staff come in, which I could do if I wasn't doing all of these reductions that should really be up to the person behind the counter.

As well as that I saw yesterday that there were big massive empty gaps on some of our shelves. My manager told me that on my day off someone messed up the FOA and asked me to redo it, which I did and he thanked me. So just out of interest I asked the deputy manager last night if it was anything to do with me that there were all of these gaps and he told me not to worry but it was as I'd messed up the FOA. I thought maybe I'd messed up the one the night my manager asked me to do it but then he mentioned it was on a day when I wasn't in, so I told him I wasn't in that day and he said sorry and said it couldn't be my fault. What worries me though is my manager has spoken to him a fair bit so I don't know why he was under the impression that it was my fault, unless my manager didn't explain to him and he just thought it was me or if my manager or someone else did say it was me for some reason.

Now the thing is who would I explain all of this to? I don't want to look as though I'm going behind anyone's back but at the end of the day if people are under certain impressions that I'm not getting things done (without knowing I'm having to do other jobs that I shouldn't have to do as well) and they think I've messed up when it was someone else's fault not mine then that's going to have a big effect on my probation period.

Who is telling you to do reductions? You should do as whoever is in charge of your shift tells you. Don't take instructions from anyone else.
does anyone know how long you have had to work for sainsburys before you can use them as a reference?

Latest

Trending

Trending